What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hish-Qu-Ten How to Deal with HQT Predator

Ok fixed the OP. On a computer at work, for some reason TYM isn't cooperating on my phone. No text box and the layout is messed up.

Anyway, @RyuuJin882 no I'm not downplaying. In fact several times I say this character is very solid and potentially top 5. I'm just explaining how to deal with the stuff people are saying are too good or broken.

Don't know when I'll be able to continue posting, depends if it starts working on my phone again, so if you have any other question just post them and I'll either get to it as soon as I can or possibly get @WayoftheFist to post for me.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Don't have time to watch right now, but there should be more of this. Imo the only thing that would be fair to nerf is his damage scaling for now, and even that should only be slight

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
OK I watch the while thing. First, thanks for sharing your hard earned discoveries.

It's an amazing video and I look forward to part 2. I learned how to play predator and defend against him lol

Question: when he wakes up with scimitar slam, why 1/d1 block instead of just blocking? Is that to bait the enemy to wake up?

OK I watch the while thing. First, thanks for sharing your hard earned discoveries.

It's an amazing video and I look forward to part 2. I learned how to play predator and defend against him lol

Question: when he wakes up with scimitar slam, why 1/d1 block instead of just blocking? Is that to bait the enemy to wake up?
Baiting is always an option especially if you can't run up to him in time but the 1 or d1 which ever you use will stop him from doing a jump after getting up, a wake-up throw, and if he does do a wake-up attack the ex laser doesn't have armor and the SS is slow enough for you to hit his armor and still block it leaving you able to punish it.

It basically just covers all his options on wake-up while leaving you safe or depending on the character plus on block. (Alot of characters standing 1 are plus on block so that opens up pressure options for them as well)