What's new

How to Deal with Enchantress' Hell's Gate with Starfire's Zoning

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
After watching a Ranked set video from @STB Shujinkydink of Starfire and Enchantress, I went to the lab to check things out, and it turns out that in addition to Starfire being able to Outzone Enchantress with Starbolt Trait even with Enchantress' Hell's Gate being out, she can also do so with Stardust. Due to the Stardust's hitbox not being active until it explodes, if you're in the right range you can shoot the Stardust through Hell's Gate and it will still work as usual. Of course that if the Stardust's explosion actually connects with Hell's Gate, Enchantress will reflect it towards you. However, since each one of the 3 sparks from Stardust acts as it's own projectile, if that move connects with Hell's Gate, only one of the sparks will be reflected by Hell's Gate while the others will work as usual. So you need to work with the right range before you shoot the Stardust.

Also, if you are in the right range for shooting Stardust, you can combine the Stardust with Starbolt as usual and Hell's Gate won't ruin it for you.

This video shows all of the options you can go for with both Stardust and Starbolt along with the right ranges for them.

Enjoy! :)

@PLAYING TO WIN
@Tweedy
@DevilMaySpy
@xKhaoTik
@Espio
@TrulyAmiracle
@x TeeJay o
@Platinumraid
@HeroesNZ
@MKF30
@AZ MotherBrain
@Baconlord
@Invincible Salads
@jmt
@RevetLeafing

Last edited:

Error

DF2+R2
Having played this match up against @Red Raptor I had success using stardust and trait to bypass hell's gate. You can also bait hell gate with mb stardust and detonate it with trait.

Tamarean charge also goes through xibalba before he can attack you, though the Enchantress could detonate him, but it seems like a huge read.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
If she's going for hexes from behind hell's gate, punish with trait, and force her to respect the option. Once she does, you can begin to use stardust to do star fire things.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
If she's going for trance from behind hell's gate, punish with trait, and force her to respect the option. Once she does, you can begin to use stardust to do star fire things.
Isn't Trance a Gear-only move?