What's new

Video/Tutorial How To Deal With Dragon's Fire Part 2 / "I can't do it' Mentality

A few months ago, I made a video titled "How to Deal with Dragon's Fire Liu Kang." In the video I took a somewhat comedic approach at learning the basic strings & setups with Dragon's Fire Liu Kang. That video/thread can be found here:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/dealing-with-dragons-fire-liu-kang-as-ermac-applicable-to-others.60081/

Not an expert video mind you, but it was a guide meant to get people thinking about Dragon's Fire and how to get around it. As opposed to just rolling over and dying for every Liu Kang they happen to run across. Lately, I've noticed some look at Dragon's Fire, and Cancel characters in general with a defeatist mentality.

"I'd learn Liu Kang but I can't do Cancels."

"I can't practice against him because I'm not good enough to learn them. (Cancels)

"I have to just watch videos because I can't do them myself."

Without taking too much of a high horse, allow me to borrow a TYM phrase when I say that mentality is *Soap bar in my mouth*. To better illustrate my point, I share a bit of my own history with this game, and Liu Kang; then I give something of a basic guide/approach to Cancels in this video.

In the interest of not being redundant I won't give a lengthy dissertation of the video. I will say it's not meant to make you a Master of Cancels, it's just taking what is perceived as impossible and breaking it down into a simple step by step approach. If I can leave anyone of TYM or any Fighting Game Community with anything its this. No skill in this game or any other is impossible for the vast majority to learn IF you put the time in. Take a hard problem and break it down into parts to solve.

If you found the video in any way informative or helpful, I would appreciate a thumbs up on it. If there's anything you'd like to discuss or share, I'm all ears.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Speaking of FRC, I found interesting K-Top's Liu Kang. He defeated Nivek at the Greek MK Tournament. Check this video.

Check the timestamp: 1:19:04

This guy is very good with Liu Kang.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
A few months ago, I made a video titled "How to Deal with Dragon's Fire Liu Kang." In the video I took a somewhat comedic approach at learning the basic strings & setups with Dragon's Fire Liu Kang. That video/thread can be found here:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/dealing-with-dragons-fire-liu-kang-as-ermac-applicable-to-others.60081/

Not an expert video mind you, but it was a guide meant to get people thinking about Dragon's Fire and how to get around it. As opposed to just rolling over and dying for every Liu Kang they happen to run across. Lately, I've noticed some look at Dragon's Fire, and Cancel characters in general with a defeatist mentality.

"I'd learn Liu Kang but I can't do Cancels."

"I can't practice against him because I'm not good enough to learn them. (Cancels)

"I have to just watch videos because I can't do them myself."

Without taking too much of a high horse, allow me to borrow a TYM phrase when I say that mentality is *Soap bar in my mouth*. To better illustrate my point, I share a bit of my own history with this game, and Liu Kang; then I give something of a basic guide/approach to Cancels in this video.

In the interest of not being redundant I won't give a lengthy dissertation of the video. I will say it's not meant to make you a Master of Cancels, it's just taking what is perceived as impossible and breaking it down into a simple step by step approach. If I can leave anyone of TYM or any Fighting Game Community with anything its this. No skill in this game or any other is impossible for the vast majority to learn IF you put the time in. Take a hard problem and break it down into parts to solve.

If you found the video in any way informative or helpful, I would appreciate a thumbs up on it. If there's anything you'd like to discuss or share, I'm all ears.
I can't get the vid to load. So I want to know if you talk about offline vs online fbrc's. I use hellfire from time to time and can't for the life of me execute crisp cancels online. It gets pretty frustrating having no problem offline, then just throwing spears or fireballs online. I know there's lag involved, but I can't seem to find the right time to do the cancel online.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Speaking of FRC, I found interesting K-Top's Liu Kang. He defeated Nivek at the Greek MK Tournament. Check this video.

The best liu kang player worldwide.Mark my words.

Thanks a lot brother! But still,i wasnt so good at that time.Im better Liu kang now and my instant fireballs are perfect!

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
yeah i don't get how his pressure works at all really, other than he busts armor like nobody's business.
From my experience against FF Liu. FF is more about keeping pressure going. Good FF players will do something like f44~fbf4 into ex flame on(not 100% sure on the input) or Dragon's Roar and then into fbf4 again. His pressure is about chipping u to death with fbf4 and getting the flame buff on safely for all his punch attacks and has more viable zoning in this variation. U hv to hold through the entire string for the most part and respect his string. You'll have an easier time against chip dmg pressure than u would against DF from my understanding and experience

I can't get the vid to load. So I want to know if you talk about offline vs online fbrc's. I use hellfire from time to time and can't for the life of me execute crisp cancels online. It gets pretty frustrating having no problem offline, then just throwing spears or fireballs online. I know there's lag involved, but I can't seem to find the right time to do the cancel online.

I don't really distinguish on and offline cancels. Though if I had to guess I'd say the reason you're getting spear online is maybe trying to perform the cancel too quickly as a means of over compensating for the input delay.

Im playing many times with him,you have to see how i play now.Even Xarakamaka cant say that he is better Liu kang than me :)
im not saying im better or worse than any liu kang. no drama please. we played 3 times liu kang mirror on ps4 pad the first two times i just got on ps4 and that you know i cant use the pad properly. so it doesnt exactly count . you won 20-18 on a pad im not used to . let me learn a pad before making claims lol if any liu kang jumps from ps4 pad to xbox without knowing the pad anyone in the world will lose im not a magician :D but ktop liu is extremly good yes(since every tech and pressure you use is my liu mirrord lol :D. and ill watch this liu vid later :D

Paradoxxx

You smell of desperation...
For the forums: "It's upa I catch you online to beat you up."

Can you, @Paradoxxx ? I saw this video and I think you need a lot of practice to beat him. xD
Hahaha its an inside joke!we play a lot of games together!also i got a lot better since then you can find out yourself too if you join us!seriously now best liu kang worldwide!

Tanno

Hahaha its an inside joke!we play a lot of games together!also i got a lot better since then you can find out yourself too if you join us!seriously now best liu kang worldwide!
hahaha

Since I found out about the Fatal Bloodbath, I'd love to join you guys in. Just add me in PSN and let me know if you guys are at it again. :)

Paradoxxx

You smell of desperation...
Dont know if a bloodbath will happen again!its not up to us!check out and the other parts too we had some good matches!tell me your psn and let us see how much practice you need to beat us!;)

Tanno

Dont know if a bloodbath will happen again!its not up to us!check out and the other parts too we had some good matches!tell me your psn and let us see how much practice you need to beat us!;)

<---- There's my PSN ID. ;)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
From my experience against FF Liu. FF is more about keeping pressure going. Good FF players will do something like f44~fbf4 into ex flame on(not 100% sure on the input) or Dragon's Roar and then into fbf4 again. His pressure is about chipping u to death with fbf4 and getting the flame buff on safely for all his punch attacks and has more viable zoning in this variation. U hv to hold through the entire string for the most part and respect his string. You'll have an easier time against chip dmg pressure than u would against DF from my understanding and experience
i guess, honestly i just need to play it

im not saying im better or worse than any liu kang. no drama please. we played 3 times liu kang mirror on ps4 p; the first two times i just got on ps4 and that you know i cant use the pad properly. so it doesnt exactly count . you won 20-18 on a pad im not used to . let me learn a pad before making claims lol if any liu kang jumps from ps4 pad to xbox without knowing the pad anyone in the world will lose im not a magician :D but ktop liu is extremly good yes(since every tech and pressure you use is my liu mirrord lol :D. and ill watch this liu vid later :D
As you see my friend,i never said im better than you!!! I just said that you or anyone cant say that you are better than me,or that im better than you! See you bro ;