What's new

Question - Acidic how to deal with acid?

I'm having a real hard time dealing with Acidic. Dose anyone have any tips... the tail spit can actually kill you and this "seam" very unfair to me. Basically after a round of damage he can back off and those normal "I get a hit and can close it out" thing in MK is gone. You take damage and alien jumps away, but has that hardcore tail length to poke you back if you dare to jump in. Also if you get in the courner the acid is like caltrop on steroids. Just melts me away.

Anyway, out of all the DLC this is the one that is really got me stumped... as unlike the entire cast, when you both near death, the alien has this huge advantage forcing you to recklessly engage.

Any suggestions or opinions on this?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It seems that once you get that far in the end game there's not much you can do other than try to avoid it. It's tricky but you need to really beat him before he can kill you with it. That's how I see it anyway, he's just a character who's veeery good at closing out rounds. Basic advice, probably doesn't help you but it's all I know what to say lol.

Brian5524_

"I will rip out your throat!"
All I have to say is, Acidic is just a gimic. He has decent zoning but that's not an excuse for characters like Kitana, Mileena, or even D'vorah! If your choice of character isn't good against zoning(Which is a small percentage) than find a new one because as much as you try, Acidic will ONLY counter the part of the roster who are useless FULLSCREEN. Meanwhile, his Acid Spray has a butt load of recovery, you could just inch in and beware of his B3 and F4.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
All I have to say is, Acidic is just a gimic. He has decent zoning but that's not an excuse for characters like Kitana, Mileena, or even D'vorah! If your choice of character isn't good against zoning(Which is a small percentage) than find a new one because as much as you try, Acidic will ONLY counter the part of the roster who are useless FULLSCREEN. Meanwhile, his Acid Spray has a butt load of recovery, you could just inch in and beware of his B3 and F4.
Acidic is a gimmick? His zoning isn't remotely his strong point lol. Some characters have a horrible time dealing with it, but his restands and corner game is the real dirt.

Israel

Noob
Lol this is funny! I like to hear acid putting in work.

But just keep practicing the MU , and believe me.... the troubles will be over with in no time. Its just since everythings so new, everyones adapting to each variation of each new character. Alien will be the least of your worries in say another week or so.... (that is , if u practicing still)

You have to stay on him and rush him down and remember that every time they do that tail flurry string it is punishable and if the special cancel it has a gap

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It doesn't have enough recovery for people to punish you if you do it at the right ranges. Also B3 and F4 are practically a fullscreen 50/50 so just saying you have to watch out for it makes no sense.

He also has a far spray for counter-zoning, in case you forgot.

As to the OPs question, there are certain situations where you are SOL like when acidic gets you in the corner or in the vortex. At the end of the round if you have little left there is also not much hope(acid killing is awesome btw, Venom not killing with Dvorah was one of the stupidest things). The keys to beating Acid are not getting completely outfootsied and keeping him pressured so he cant setup any footsies or acid game.

D

Deleted member 9158

Acidic is a gimmick? His zoning isn't remotely his strong point lol. Some characters have a horrible time dealing with it, but his restands and corner game is the real dirt.
Yeah pretty much this. If this asshole gets you in the corner, he can stack acid damage and get 28% off of A THROW. you can pretty much watch their health melt away.

my biggest problem is tarkatan, literally cant do anything against it, too many mix ups and crazy armored long range starter rekka, tried the gaps but way too risky and opponents keep making it safe and just repeat the long ass combo over and over

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Zone him, learn his 50/50s, his strings that have lows in the middle of them, and rush down hard. Sometimes Alien players will wake up with normal pounce which is fast but punishable. All of his armor moves are punishable as well

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
imo you pretty much have to relax and clear your mind. make sure you're in a good environment with friends or have comfortable music ready if you're alone. you should probably avoid going out in public and make sure you don't have any obligations for the next 12 hours or so. if you're at a concert/festival or something like that that's fine too. don't take too much for your first time either. but above all else just have fun

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
silkroad.com on the deep web should do, if you're trying to deal online.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Acidic (just like triborg smoke) is my most commonly encountered new DLC online.

For now since this is new for all of us, I will repeat a bit of what others have said. Do NOT let him get his game started or you will lose out, and never get trapped in the corner or else it's GGs.

Alien players like to wake up with his overhead roll or whatever it is, so be prepared to block and punish. Rush him down as much as possible, but also keep in mind that his acid spits are blockable since they're somewhat of a projectile. Doing this will result in less damage being taken off you.

He's a tricky character with his mixups, and I'm still trying to recognize which strings do what since so many utilize his damn tail.

I always lab all strings a character has to see which ones have gaps on their own, then try canceling them into specials to look for additional gaps.

I always say it's best to lab every character / variation and their strings as much as possible, this way you get more familiar with how the character works so they're less of a threat.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Kill the thing before it kills you. Pick up Cutthroat Kano today and become apart of the Black Dragon finish you with two good combo boyz.

Brian5524_

"I will rip out your throat!"
It does actually have enough recovery for a fast paced character to get in. It's just a gimmick fullscreen... If you were looking at my post, I did say it's for characters who have struggles fullscreen[Which is a small percentage]. It's quite easy for most of the cast to get in and his "Fullscreen Is 50/50's you speak of are VERY slow so saying that is irrelevant. Once you learn the match up honey is very easy[no shade though]. But Acidic in the corner is another thing, I do agree, #Broke. lol ggs am I right? There is no way out of it unless he does a gap or ends it on acid because he's negative on block. The anti zoning far thingy ma Bob you were talking about is also another thing, just react to it.. Then jump and he can't hurt you because he's still in recovery. @Zoidberg747 it won't be easy but it'll take some practice. 'Sobs'

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Its slow sure but that doesn't mean it wont be good. The only problem is with zoners because against characters who have to get in they have to worry about the fullscreen 50/50s.

Also no one is going to be running in and punishing a -15(?) move from fullscreen. Sure he can't zone with it over and over but he can certainly use it from safe ranges.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
All I have to say is, Acidic is just a gimic.
Ridiculous. it is a super strong variation.

It seems that once you get that far in the end game there's not much you can do other than try to avoid it. It's tricky but you need to really beat him before he can kill you with it. That's how I see it anyway, he's just a character who's veeery good at closing out rounds. Basic advice, probably doesn't help you but it's all I know what to say lol.
Yeah.. this is how I see it as well.. he is just super strong at closing out a clutch game. I kinda agree that it is an unfair advantage and imo the acid shouldn't kill, it should be like D'Vorah's venom.

Still I think this is the best advise... hit em hard, hit em fast.

Royal Kitana

Suicide squad
Zone him, learn his 50/50s, his strings that have lows in the middle of them, and rush down hard. Sometimes Alien players will wake up with normal pounce which is fast but punishable. All of his armor moves are punishable as well
I play alien and I tried kitana assassin with her I won punish his command grab and punish the air just keep tossing those fans if u stop then gg

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Get in close at beginning,

most of aliens moves are less useful up close due to them being 14-30 frames of startup.

besides B1 and 1 starters being 9 frames or lower on startup.

but all the scary ones like
F+23434 = 12 frames of startup
B34 (low low) = 18 frames of startup
F34 (mid OH) = 21 frames of startup
333 = 12 frames of startup
F4 = 17 frames of startup

so my tip would be to stay close, and check him with moves below 12 frames.

you will still have to watch out for

B113/B11BF4 = 9 frame startup
12 (high low)= 8 frame startup
1 = being +1 on block
B1= being plus 2 on block
112 can go into EX crawl combo
123 can go into 50/50 setup

but as you can see when Alien is mid range, he has alot more options just from his normals.

so closing that gap cuts half of those away assuming you play very agressive and constantly Button check him with fast strings/Pokes into full combo punishes.

as for his EXO Sting(DB2) zoning and his Sizzle Strike (U+3)
its a guess game for him and you both.

if he guesses wrong you get in. if he guesses right he keeps you out.

if they do 2 EXO's then Sizzle Strike then run in after the 2 Exo Sting's

if they do 1 exo sting then Acid blood to keep you from running in alot, run cancel into a jip after the first exo sting..

its all a guess. but be ware, jump ins can be Reacted with Sizzle strike anti air (U+3)

however you get in, stay in and you should be able to keep in.

id use a character with either projectiles that are Fast, or a teleport character, or one that can fade through them like Ethereal Mileena. and someone who has great pressure up close like, Kung Lao, Sektor, Mileena, Sonya, Cyber sub Zero, Kano.

Kung Lao, Kano, Sonya, and CSZ have a dive kick type move that can be used to counter zoning.

Mileena and sektor have multiple moves to counter zoning = Fade(mileena) tele kick(mileena) and Sektor has knockdown with forward rocket, and Teleport uppercut.

unless you are a zoning character.

then keep him out, cuz you can win that with many zoners like Kitana, Kano, Jacqui, HQT and Liu

Last edited:

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I've done well keeping alien out with Kitana or mystic Ermac. Don't let that bugger in at all or else it's GGs.