What's new

Question - Kung Jin How to check for Delayed wakeups after hardknockdowns?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I was recently playing some matches against an amazing Kung Jin player earlier and I saw he had some good Armor break setups using F3 after the Up-kick I think. However, most of the time I was able to Delay my wakeup and the move would completely whiff, leaving him in recovery frames. What I want to know is if there is a way you can check for a Delayed Wake-up as Kung Jin on HDK and continue pressure? I imagine it would be a similar senario as a Takeda player using D3 on HDK.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
I was recently playing some matches against an amazing Kung Jin player earlier and I saw he had some good Armor break setups using F3 after the Up-kick I think. However, most of the time I was able to Delay my wakeup and the move would completely whiff, leaving him in recovery frames. What I want to know is if there is a way you can check for a Delayed Wake-up as Kung Jin on HDK and continue pressure? I imagine it would be a similar senario as a Takeda player using D3 on HDK.
I believe it's Kung Jin's D3 also.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
There are no recovery frames after f3 if you delay the wake up,just wait until he performs his overhead and then kill him with your EX teleport.

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Jin d3 has 10 (or 11?) recovery frames, so you can safely check most wakeups in the game. It's +1 on block and +20 or something on hit. It's really good for checking people with, same concept as takeda d3. If you delay wakeup after he does a d3 check then Jin really gets a chance to enforce his mixups.