What's new

Breakthrough - Possessed How to blow up Possessed Kenshi's Wakeup

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
As a lot of people know by now, Kenshi's wakeup EX DF4 is by the looks of it one of the most obnoxious wakeups in the game as it is practically unavoidable (besides blocking) AND its +5..

@Gilbagz looked further into the move and the options against it and found that if you have a forward advancing mid your meaty will be able to hit him on a frame that makes the move whiff/have no armour during start up and get a full combo punish, keep in mind this can be blown up by wake up bf2 but forcing them to do that atleast gives you an opportunity to make a read and NJP punish.

Here's what it looks like in practice

Every character that has a forward advancing string can punish this wakeup but the timing is quite strict, refer to video above to understand the timing a little better.

If you haven't already go find your options against this armour and start mopping those new Possessed Kenshi's.

If not already posted, everyone should post their characters option to punish this wakeup so we all can look in one thread to see the punish. :D

@Pig Of The Hut @ any other kenshi idk

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Fuuuuu... I was actually in the process of labbing this but no harm done, the info is out there so good shit lol.

My best guess as to why this happens is that when the move originally had 1 hit of armour (and was relatively easy for anyone to stuff it) is that the armour duration didn't cover the whole startup until the active frames, which is now what the 2nd hit of armour covers and thus you essentially armour break this.

I think every character has a way to do this but timing will depend on the transitional frames of the 2 hits they use.

Obviously the problem with doing this is that in the process of waiting for that specific window you could easily get waxed by a EX push instead, so it would have to be an educated read, but at least there's an option.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Fuuuuu... I was actually in the process of labbing this but no harm done, the info is out there so good shit lol.

My best guess as to why this happens is that when the move originally had 1 hit of armour (and was relatively easy for anyone to stuff it) is that the armour duration didn't cover the whole startup until the active frames, which is now what the 2nd hit of armour covers and thus you essentially armour break this.

I think every character has a way to do this but timing will depend on the transitional frames of the 2 hits they use.

Obviously the problem with doing this is that in the process of waiting for that specific window you could easily get waxed by a EX push instead, so it would have to be an educated read, but at least there's an option.
Every character with a forward advancing string can do this (if its fast enough).

Like I said in the thread this opens up the door for EX push but it is better than having literally NO options at all.

Good stuff on labbing it too though man.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
People now have a meterless option to magically blow up two hits of armor w one hit

.........un fucking believable

Kitana f2 does it by itself
Just when you think the NRS community has gotten past jumping to conclusions...a new patch comes by and just blows that out of the water. And while Possessed is still good, this is a pretty damn big thing people need to take into account when talking about him.

Wait, a +5 armored move? What the ****? How is that balanced in any sense of the word?

Good thing people have found a way to break it. Hopefully NRS won't fix this glitch until they make the move unsafe.

You have to love their "logic" with armored moves. "Hey, let's get rid of armored moves that lead to 25%+ combos on hit but leave you exposed for the same amount of damage on opponent's block – it's just too good; let's also make 10-20% non-juggling armored moves safe or even + on block."

Until NRS gives this move properties that are consistent with how they have handled other similar moves (Sektor's pre patch flamethrower springs to mind), I sure as hell hope it at least has enough pushback not to give him free offense on block.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I had something like this posted a few days ago in SF sonyas threads. She breaks it with her 121 string

As a lot of people know by now, Kenshi's wakeup EX DF4 is by the looks of it one of the most obnoxious wakeups in the game as it is practically unavoidable (besides blocking) AND its +5..

@Gilbagz looked further into the move and the options against it and found that if you have a forward advancing mid your meaty will be able to hit him on a frame that makes the move whiff/have no armour during start up and get a full combo punish, keep in mind this can be blown up by wake up bf2 but forcing them to do that atleast gives you an opportunity to make a read and NJP punish.

Here's what it looks like in practice

Every character that has a forward advancing string can punish this wakeup but the timing is quite strict, refer to video above to understand the timing a little better.

If you haven't already go find your options against this armour and start mopping those new Possessed Kenshi's.

If not already posted, everyone should post their characters option to punish this wakeup so we all can look in one thread to see the punish. :D

@Pig Of The Hut @ any other kenshi idk
I did this once in an online match on accident with subs 12 string. I was planning on labbing it but never got to it glad it's a thing