What's new

how to beat Sheeva's stomp ONLINE post ultimate

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Well i said he is "posting" as in he's not done yet. he later posted a full video on his youtube cuz twitter only allow 2.5 min long vids. Here is the full version

I had already thought of that which made me question why he didn't put part 1 in the title.
Even in that video its not all characters nor is it all specific character moves that can punish sheeva air stomp.
It's a nice video nonetheless.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Ugh
I lost a set against regular stomp spammer I used Bone Picker. The damn delay makes it tricky still

Stanlos

Noob
yikes.. Again it depends on the moves she has equipped, minus the nj.
Oh yeah absolutely! Her dash won't do it--or at least I couldn't get it to. I wonder if her punch walk string will make it whiff the way Sonya's does. I didn't try that. But if that works that would be common across all loadouts. But so far up fan, the weird dancing fan, and booty are all special move options. So use em if you got em

Stanlos

Noob
I think Kotal has the easiest counter with the otherwise questionable move Tonatiuh Burst (db1). It stops her clean before she even appears

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I had already thought of that which made me question why he didn't put part 1 in the title.
Even in that video its not all characters nor is it all specific character moves that can punish sheeva air stomp.
It's a nice video nonetheless.
Raptor never claimed all characters have a way to punish the stomp. In fact, in the description of the video he clearly states that not every character can.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I’ve come to terms that NRS doesn’t test or actually think through anything during their design process. They throw mechanics at a wall, see how players react, then will sometimes balance as necessary.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Raptor never claimed all characters have a way to punish the stomp. In fact, in the description of the video he clearly states that not every character can.

View attachment 17983
The description for the video that he tweeted out literally says "Sheeva Stomp Punishes for Every Character"
The post that dark neo posted on this forum with a link directed to his twitter post containing video states "Raptor is posting options for every character"
I looked at the video which doesn't show all characters nor all options. Then dark neo stated that wasn't the full video and he posted a youtube link which still doesn't show all characters. Its false advertisement. He's not extensively labbing each character which is obvious by what's showcased in the video. Majority of tech that's shown is exactly what fluffybun said they're maneuvers and not punishes nor trades.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Biohazard has a set against Tigers on youtube using Spineburst against Sheeva. He misses frequently but still owns Sheeva. Him missing the spine burst on variable Sheeva timing makes me feel better about screwing it up myself lol