What's new

how to beat Sheeva's stomp ONLINE post ultimate

The OP stated that neither dashing nor walking beats Sheeva's stomp. I unequivocally demonstrated that they do indeed work, using 3 characters not known for having excellent movement.
You only tested an example that works against one version of the stomp; the easiest one to avoid. She can delay this stomp to create a timing mixup, but again it's still pretty straight forward to dash out and punish when you see the camera move.

Problem is when Sheeva has Enhanced stomp equipped, which lets her aim the stomp a bit to the left or right, and also can delay those versions as well. Using all versions of her stomp together makes it impossible to escape by simply dashing it every time since all versions look the same until she reappears.

mrapchem

Noob
You only tested an example that works against one version of the stomp; the easiest one to avoid. She can delay this stomp to create a timing mixup, but again it's still pretty straight forward to dash out and punish when you see the camera move.

Problem is when Sheeva has Enhanced stomp equipped, which lets her aim the stomp a bit to the left or right, and also can delay those versions as well. Using all versions of her stomp together makes it impossible to escape by simply dashing it every time since all versions look the same until she reappears.
Even when Sheeva delays the stomp, it can still be avoided in exactly the same ways - the only difference is the timing.

As for the Enhanced Stomp, much like the rest of the game, you need to make a read. Either she can stay in place, which can be avoided by dashing forwards or backwards or by walking back. Or, she can stomp backwards, which is dodged with a forward dash or vice versa.

In any case, this notion that her stomp is unavoidable is pure poppycock. People need to stop whining and start labbing.

Last edited:

mrapchem

Noob
I can fb Jaqui's leaps 2-3 times out of five in training. Does that mean it's easy to manage in a match? Nooope.
That isn't the point of the video.

As I stated before, the OP made this thread in which he/she stated that Sheeva's stomp cannot be avoided by dashing or walking. Someone even posted a tech video of precisely how to avoid the stomps, but the OP said it was outdated. I read the comments, and instead of whining, speculating or piling onto the Sheeva nerf train, I stepped in the lab to see if her stomp was indeed unavoidable, and if it was, what are the new ways to counter it.

Within the span of 5 seconds, I discovered that even some of the slowest-moving characters in the game (Baraka and Kitana) can not only both forward and backwards dash the stomp, but they can even walk backwards and avoid it easily. I haven't tested it yet, but I will venture to say that the vast majority of the cast can avoid the Stomp in the exact same ways, because it appears as though NRS allowed more characters to avoid it by walking, whereas before only some characters could do it. The only way that this stuff doesn't work online is if you either mistime your dash, or the Sheeva re-directed the stomp to catch you.

Anyone that is getting hit with Sheeva stomps while in the neutral is either mistiming their dashes, or they aren't dashing to avoid it at all because they are too busy trying to jump out of it, which doesn't work. That isn't the fault of NRS or Sheeva players; it's the fault of people that didn't put in the effort to learn how to avoid an easily dodgeable move that also happens to be a full-combo punish on whiff.

As I told somebody else, it's high-time that people stop whining and start labbing.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Before things get a little heated, I do wanna state that single dashing, double dashing, forward advancing specials or a combination of two will NOT be a 100% foolproof tech. You are gonna get hit by it some of the time, but by mixing up your defensive options it makes your opponent do the same, leaving them open to be punish. How many characters you know have "Kounter/Punish" Krushing Blows just waiting to be use on a whiff Stomp?

Just be open to the fact that in this match-up Stomp will test your knowledge and patience. Just always remember the camera will pan to you when she is about to come down.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
You get hit way to many times to call it proof it gets beaten lol
That's because the timing was off when the stomp hit. You have been shown there is a way around it and it has enough recovery to full combo punish it.

It does 10% damage and she can be punished hard for it. The risk reward is in your favour.

Don't know what else you want.
There will be times you get hit with it, there are variations of the move. If there wasn't it would be trash.

Last edited:
Even when Sheeva delays the stomp, it can still be avoided in exactly the same ways - the only difference is the timing.

As for the Enhanced Stomp, much like the rest of the game, you need to make a read. Either she can stay in place, which can be avoided by dashing forwards or backwards or by walking back. Or, she can stomp backwards, which is dodged with a forward dash or vice versa.

In any case, this notion that her stomp is unavoidable is pure poppycock. People need to stop whining and start labbing.
This reads like you didn't read my post.

mrapchem

Noob
This reads like you didn't read my post.
I read your post - and gave an adequate reply. I think you should read both SHAOLIN's and NaCl man's posts because they apply quite aptly here.

You will need to pay attention to your opponent's Sheeva loadout. If he/she simply has the regular stomp, which most of them do, then you can dash/walk your way out of every single one of them if you practice your timing enough. As NaCl said, if the Sheeva hits you with a stomp, they get 10%. But if they miss, you get a full combo.

This exchange is not in Sheeva's favor.

If the Sheeva decides to delay said Stomp, the exact same rules apply as before, but your timing needs to be adjusted, as you will need to dodge later in the animation. 10% for her if she hits, full combo for you if she misses.

However, if the Sheeva has the enhanced Stomp, then you'll need to make reads whenever they attempt one as to whether they will land on top, in front of, or behind you. Again, if they hit you, they get 10%. But if they miss, you get a full combo.

These are the facts. Do with them what you will.

Last edited:
Apart from that, is there ever a reason to take the "up disk"? I have explored as much as I can and I can't even figure out what the move was intended to do.

trufenix

bye felicia
Don't you bitches play the same game with Scorpion and Kabal that I do with full screen baby's first hit confirms that lead to tons of damage and pressure?

Like, we mad about this, but Shang, and Cassie and Mileena who can trade or better from full screen into unbreakable combos on reaction don't get threads and videos?

Quick, someone do a video telling me how to avoid Kotal's Sun Ray. That son of a bitch keeps hitting me.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I think it was created with characters like jaquie and fujin in mind. those whos gameplan depends on being over your head 24/7.

Raptor

Noob
hmm maybe it's time to practice Rain. His mobility should serve me well. Also with sub I know the easiest way is to slide but then I am outside of range to punish her while she still has that tremor move I think the stomp that quakes the floor also unblockable.

mrapchem

Noob
yeah I beat it in practice...but you must have missed the part where I asked how to counter it ONLINE
What works in practice works online. You can even practice with a friend and learn how to counter the stomp ONLINE!

Making false statements about not being able to dash or walk out of Sheeva's stomp in MK11 Ultimate - using Sub-Zero, who has excellent movement - indicates that you don't use the practice mode nearly enough. I was able to debunk this notion in a span of 2 minutes.

As a Sub-Zero main, I dare a Sheeva player to try and win using stomps against me. He does more damage, has more range, better pokes/KBs and has better footsies than she does. The only thing she has that makes the match close to even is Dragon Stance. You should not be getting mopped online playing as Sub-Zero against Sheevas.

Last edited:

Stanlos

Noob
As the title says. I have been getting obliterated by sheeva players with just stomp and can't do anything with sub zero. Any suggestions what should I practice? Dashing or walking wasn't working for Sub even before ultimate now it doesn't work on any character. I also play scorpion and a little bit frost and noob but I have no counter with any of these characters. I was even trying rain and his evaporate move but it has massive recovery frames and sheeva even after stomp can punish that. Any suggestions?
Sonya

it depends on who you play but here is what I do On the times I don't exit the game on their cheap Wi-Fi poopy bums.

With Sonya you punch walk to make it whiff entirely. You can trade with Air Control knocking you both down.

With Kitana, you can booty or neutral jump into air booty.

With Skarlet, you can teleport when you see Sheeva's rusty hooves clear the top of the screen on the way up. You can also backdash.

With Jade, you can Nitro Kick away or use her divine d2.