What's new

How to beat Scorpion with Emerald Defender

Hot_DNA

Noob
Idk if it's that bad... I dont mind seeing a scorpion after the patch..I just duck and react.. IMO Raiden is an impossible match for Jade.. I win like 10% of the time when somebody picks Raiden

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Idk if it's that bad... I dont mind seeing a scorpion after the patch..I just duck and react.. IMO Raiden is an impossible match for Jade.. I win like 10% of the time when somebody picks Raiden
Raiden doesn't automatically launch you if you whiff a d4. That match is literally a footsies test. You have range on him, you can read him and he does outdamage you but he's not safe and doesn't have a string he can just spam in your face until you let go of block and then KB you for half your healthbar for trying to play the game like this fuck can.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
4-6 maybe. I don’t mind it that much... yeah I agree with that style of play, just get him in corner.
I don't like the number setup. It's heavily disadvantageous for Jade, he takes very little risk and nets immense rewards.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
there is one persistent person I see one twitter who insists this is a 6-4 or better match for Jade and it's why I don't believe in humanity anymore.
THTB and Vis said it right: It's people who still walk dickfowards into d2 that complain about Jade

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
there is one persistent person I see one twitter who insists this is a 6-4 or better match for Jade and it's why I don't believe in humanity anymore.
Are they talking ED or Jaded? I could see the argument for Jaded, but SURE as hell not for ED. This is 100% Scorpion's favor if Jade is ED.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Are they talking ED or Jaded? I could see the argument for Jaded, but SURE as hell not for ED. This is 100% Scorpion's favor if Jade is ED.
Even Jaded can't contest Scorpion's risk/reward. You just get to spend 2 bars to potentially remain safe if you tried to press buttons and failed

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
They insist on both. Absolutely insane.

A good reminder to trust your eyes and own experience over other people's opinion (no matter how loudly they shout them)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

A good reminder to trust your eyes and own experience over other people's opinion (no matter how loudly they shout them)
I get actual, otherwise credible people go "she's good' as their only response.
These people don't lab.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
But like legit there's no reason any form of Jade beats Scorpion. I'd be willing to HUMOR Jaded being 5-5 and that's about it.

Basic logic dictates that if a character cannot play their core game and is forced to play the opponent's game without having some notable advantage to compensate a match up can't be 5-5 or in your favor.

Folks can't handle playing footsies when they don't dominate the match up free which is why there are actual Scorpion fire tears in regards to Jaded lol.

This legit is why it's funny to me like okay sis lol.

I should pretend Jade struggles against Kollector since that's the thing to do where you create phantom bad match ups for your main.