What's new

Guide - Tarkatan How to Beat Alien Tarkatan - A Video Guide By Pig of the Hut (Machinima)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Can't lab it right now but @Pig Of The Hut good video breh. Would Mileena's ex fade work with this OS? Or does it have to be an armored reversal?
sure its invincible, that's better than armor.
but anyways no the OS wont work in the way pig is describing.

example: alien does f4~bf2(gap)1 if you ex fade inplace or behind you'll get a punish however if alien does f4~bf2,1 with no gap your ex fade wont come out but youll have to do something different to punish the 1 so its not a full OS to the level the "magic 13" are so you can OS punish the gaps but you cant OS punish the staggers at same time

guessing it same deal with smokes ex fade but that is a bit slower than ethereal ex fade so cant say for certain it works in the same manner.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne

I really hope this helps all players learn to deal with Tarkatan and his slew of mix ups. After this video you should never be worried about F134 or rekkas again.

Characters that fit the rule of "13" are as follows and I may have left some out

Kitana (EX DP)
Kano (ex balls or up balls)
Cassie (Ex Flip)
Lao (Ex Spin)
Sub (Ex Slide)
Reptile (Ex Slide)
Kenshi (Kenjutsu Push, Possessed Push)
Warlock Quan (Low Scoop)
Leatherface (command grab)
Sektor (flame thrower)
Ermac (soul charge/ ex push)
Shinnok (ex charge)
Johnny (ex nutpunch)
Jax (ex dash punch )
Scorpion (ex takedown)
Erron black (ex command grab)
Jason (choke and corpse grab)
Takeda (Ronin rising sword)
Tanya (low drill)
(I believe this is a super underrated MU because of this)
ETC....

Enjoy! And please do not take my humor for agenda as stated in the video. Also be on the lookout for the next video on Alien I promise in this video. IT WILL GUARANTEE YOU VICTORY VS ALIEN 100% of the time or your e-Sports money back ;)

@GGA Dizzy (props for his help)
@cR Dragon
@Kitana Prime
@Big D
@SylverRye
@xGunShow
@SonicFox5000
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI FOREVER KING
@YOMI REO
@YOMI_SLAYER
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@Tim Static
@STORMS
@DarksydeDash
@coolwhip
@Laos_boy
@Eldriken
@Jer
@zaf
@ragnar0kz28
@AK Harold
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@HomeLee1121
@AK XEN0M0RPH

Enjoy! And ask any questions about anything I may have left out
One of the most if not the most informative video I've seen so far for MKXL, really liked the way you went over all of Tarkatan's different options they may bring out once you have compensated for one particular option, it made me feel a lot less nervous when I get in these scenarios and more ready to make a read on what they do. You're really good at making and editing these videos, humor was great. Just incase it hasn't been brought up yet, ole Predator is able to counter Alien's rekkas great in his Warrior variation with the use of his 13 frame armoured launcher, Dread Slam. Might make Warrior the more viable variation to use in that matchup but haven't tested it out much yet besides in the lab dawg.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
lies? pretty sure if first rekka is delayed slightly u can make low gapless
I think that when he says "impossible" he is assuming the rest of the rekkas are a true blockstring. From what I remember from Dizzy's post over this, he said to OS armor during the rekkas and block low for the last one. Tweedy is saying that is not the case and the low can be armored as well.

Great video man! I want to try and see if parry works agains delayed rekkas, also I want to make a video with all the strings that have gaps and can be punished with parry.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Also for anyone curious the characters that can punish overhead flip are:

Full combo:
Jacqui
Jax
Cassie
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Raiden
Kano
Shinnok

d1/poke:
Bo Rai Cho
Ermac
Goro
Ferra/Torr (Lackey)
Jason (can punish with d2)
Kitana (depends on range)
Kotal
Leatherface
Mileena
Quan
Reptile (ex slide)
Scorpion

Granted almost all of these are just frame punishes. Only Cassie, Shinnok, Kano, Reptile and Kung Lao can punish with a reversal. If all you get is a poke I probably wouldn't go for it. The window isn't all that tight for a just frame however. With a bit of practice I've been able to consistently punish overhead flip with Jacqui s1 into full combo.
Question: How does Kano full combo punish the meterless flip? I can only think of Upball, not sure if thats a full combo punish per se.

Also wouldn't Liu Kang's EX Windmill Punch in Flame Fist be a good reversal for OS'ing the rekkas?

omooba

fear the moobs
I think that when he says "impossible" he is assuming the rest of the rekkas are a true blockstring. From what I remember from Dizzy's post over this, he said to OS armor during the rekkas and block low for the last one. Tweedy is saying that is not the case and the low can be armored as well.
still not true. you can slightly delay second hit and make it true block string and low is still true block string

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yes it will

Edit: actually idk I need to test it
it doesn't. read below...

sure its invincible, that's better than armor.
but anyways no the OS wont work in the way pig is describing.

example: alien does f4~bf2(gap)1 if you ex fade inplace or behind you'll get a punish however if alien does f4~bf2,1 with no gap your ex fade wont come out but youll have to do something different to punish the 1 so its not a full OS to the level the "magic 13" are so you can OS punish the gaps but you cant OS punish the staggers at same time

guessing it same deal with smokes ex fade but that is a bit slower than ethereal ex fade so cant say for certain it works in the same manner.

Tweedy

Noob
still not true. you can slightly delay second hit and make it true block string and low is still true block string
You're right.

However, if this is done, Alien is like -17 or maybe even more.

But yeah I was wrong on that point I got rekt m8.

regardless of nrs saying they're not gonna patch anymore .. it obviously makes more sense to patch the game and to not say things like that.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Very nice, in depth video. Good to see someone working towards finding ways to beat Alien rather than complain.

It's it true that this is the final version and no patches left? Has NRS stated this?
Wondered this myself. Until this video, I hadn't seen anything definite one way or the other.