What's new

How to balance Sheeva?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Make stomp blockable and + on block with minimal chip, punishable on flawless block.
You can still guess and walk away and punish.

Wigy

There it is...
F1 confirms into Queen's punishment, Death March and f1,2 which is safe at -5 and if they use any slow normals you can down poke them
Youre hitcomfirming a single hit?
I would image f1 into death march is death if you hit them just in the air.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Youre hitcomfirming a single hit?
I would image f1 into death march is death if you hit them just in the air.
I don't know what to tell you man but I have had pretty good success with it mixing up F14 and F1 death march cancel

Heres what I would do if this was my game:

Keep the stomp exactly as it is but now it's limited. Sheeva starts the game with x amount of stomps. When she uses all her stomps in stock she can not use it anymore. To earn more stomps she has to land a "2 player animation". This includes: throws, b3, u3, bf4, db4, etc. (MAYBE stomp itself).

This would:
-Make Sheeva have to do something other than stomp
-Make her more fun to play/against
-Avoid neutering a move she needs.

A quicker fix would be give it a cool down.
Am I the only one who likes it? This is golden suggestion IMO. It would add depth to the character, and she can do dirty stuff to you. But she must earn it with this change.

Like she starts with 5 stomps. And every 2 “2 player animation” moves she earns 1 more. You dodge the stomp - even if you don’t punish her, she loses one. I like it very much.

Last edited:

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
(patience has limits!)
Hi, Shao Kahn here:

... I found a nice series by sikander called: "Sheeva stomp spammers"
Vol1.
Vol2.
Vol3.
Vol4.
I watched all 4 of them.
(Vol4. is extra nice, as he watches other players struggle)

This game ... I still can't believe some "pro's" said in the early days, "its fine" or "give other fighters tools like that" ... FUCK YOU ALL, I HOPE YOU WILL NEVER BE A GAME DESIGNER!

Man this is the first time in my life where I will insult a developer
(mainly because no (placeholder-) hotfix since so long)
FUCK YOU, WHO CREATED THIS UGLY ASS FIGHTER!
(does someone know the name of the person who created her? ...)

See you in the next season where I will train in practice mode D,U and D,B,3 ...
I am already sorry for all the players I will spam to death but don't hate me HATE THE FUCKING CHARACTER DESIGNED BY NRS!

If you win against her, please fatal her all day!
This is how I love to see this SHIT character!
Shao Kahn over ... :D

Ashesfall

hey bruh get gud or stop playing
I did stop playing and if the next season has no new brutals, I won't play anymore anyways :D

I think its just fair to give feedback on why people quit the game.
No feedback = no change ever, is what I think.

Soon I will use this phrase too, to all my future Sheeva victims "get gud bro, its balanced and fine" muahaha

You can walk out of the stomp again.

So all we got from the last 7 months was for Sheeva to now somehow be more fragile with her 950 health than that chunky big girl Jade.

She didn't need 50 Health taken away but she doesn't need 100 health given to her either.

Well, it's not like they could touch a fan favorite! I mean, everyone has a pocket Jacqui because they love the character that much.
Someone at NRS loves Jacqui enough to never give the nerfs she needs. With Stomp being gutted (I am pleased) the most hated move in MK11 has to be Leap.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Oh good does that mean I can finally play my damn character without people expecting the worst

Of course not

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
She didn't need 50 Health taken away but she doesn't need 100 health given to her either.

Someone at NRS loves Jacqui enough to never give the nerfs she needs. With Stomp being gutted (I am pleased) the most hated move in MK11 has to be Leap.
It's sickening and insulting how much they're trying to force jacqui freakin briggs as the future of this franchise. vomit

If I start playing again, the nerf makes me wanna re-learn Sheeva. I feel she requires great footsies, great neutral, spacing, and rushdown. Too many times I'd win by resorting to panic-stomp. Now that will get me killed, I can probably learn her properly lol.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
It's sickening and insulting how much they're trying to force jacqui freakin briggs as the future of this franchise. vomit

If I start playing again, the nerf makes me wanna re-learn Sheeva. I feel she requires great footsies, great neutral, spacing, and rushdown. Too many times I'd win by resorting to panic-stomp. Now that will get me killed, I can probably learn her properly lol.
Honestly man it's no longer even worth learning her everything she does another character can do 10 times better.

Ashesfall

They nerfed the most busted move and adjusted her life most likely because of the dragon stance keep away game, and now she is totally useless? I don't agree with that.
If she was only abusing stomp to you, then yeah she is dead, FINALLY!
(At least I won't fatal Sheeva anymore in pure hate :D - that should be a win to you Sheeva mains. Must be frustrating to be hated that much, no? If you watched sikanders "stomp spammer" series, damn the hate was through the roof, lol. I feel like, if I repeat what he said on his stream, my post is getting deleted again #hahaha)

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
They nerfed the most busted move and adjusted her life most likely because of the dragon stance keep away game, and now she is totally useless? I don't agree with that.
(At least I won't fatal Sheeva anymore in pure hate :D - that should be a win to you Sheeva mains. Must be frustrating to be hated that much, no? If you watched sikanders "stomp spammer" series, damn the hate was through the roof, lol. I feel like, if I repeat what he said on his stream, my post is getting deleted again #hahaha)
I literally have no respect for sikanders
his streams are literally six hours or more of him bitching and complaining about every damn thing rather it's broken or not

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
yes she is pretty much now useless, there is literally no reason to use Sheeva at all.
If they would have adjusted the move and made a more balanced sure she would be a good character to use if you were having issues with zoning but at this time there is no reason to use her at all and if I'm wrong I want to know what reason it is to user compare to another character
( and please don't give me the stupid reason of cuz maybe you want to play as Sheeva because you like the character)

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
yes she is pretty much now useless, there is literally no reason to use Sheeva at all.
If they would have adjusted the move and made a more balanced sure she would be a good character to use if you were having issues with zoning but at this time there is no reason to use her at all and if I'm wrong I want to know what reason it is to user compare to another character
( and please don't give me the stupid reason of cuz maybe you want to play as Sheeva because you like the character)

Ashesfall

So in other words, Sheeva pre-patch was only a stomp machine and nothing else.
I don't agree but if you think so, fine by me. Hate her look anyways.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I think Sheeva is not useless it just takes great neutral and reactions. You gotta be fundamental like with Terminator. Use her great movement and use mixups, pressure etc.
She's def not easy to use but she'd not unviable either imo. Just wish her arms weren't so damn stubby lol

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
So in other words, Sheeva pre-patch was only a stomp machine and nothing else.
I don't agree but if you think so, fine by me. Hate her look anyways.
When the hell did I say that I hated her for her looks.
If you look at my profile pic you'll see I love the shokan characters, every Mortal Kombat released that had a shokan playable I made a huge effort to main that character the problem is Sheeva in this game has nothing unique to her play style that another character does not dominate