What's new

How to balance Sheeva?

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
my idea is i think delaying stomp should cost defensive meter and take away the delay option on enhanced dragon stomp she doesn't need both options

the move is pretty good but has counters to it; people just don't use them. it hasn't been the first-ever fighting game in which you had to counter pick someone.
anyways here are the two nerfs that are pretty much unnecessary, but since people want this move just removed from the game ill give my insight.
1.) make stomp faster, but in turn, remove the delay/timings so that it can be used as a teleport/anti zoning move
2.) revert all former stomp changes and add hella whiff recovery. I'm talking about like 50 frames
3.) optional (make banned custom moves legal. most of the banned moves can deal with sheevas stomp (ex: rains wave dash movement move)

I believe nrs is in a position in which they cannot nerf Sheeva anymore because they decided to jump the gun and nerf dragon stance already. if Sheeva gets nerfed, then everyone is getting the hammer. Ex: no more distances for leap, no more jack in the box, Liu Kang gets removed from the game ... etc... lmao

ps: having the delay cost meter wouldn't change anything. you still would have to guess from forwards or backwards.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Adding a indicator when opponent inputs her air drop delay.
It can be a tab difficult just to make the right read for a unblockable mixup that you can't even see on the screen especially when a sheeva player uses it for oki.

I do agree with those points others have stated.
  • They could add more frames of recovery if they delay the air drop and it whiffs.
  • Having it cost defensive meter ain't a bad idea either when she delays it.

the move is pretty good but has counters to it; people just don't use them. it hasn't been the first-ever fighting game in which you had to counter pick someone.
anyways here are the two nerfs that are pretty much unnecessary, but since people want this move just removed from the game ill give my insight.
1.) make stomp faster, but in turn, remove the delay/timings so that it can be used as a teleport/anti zoning move
2.) revert all former stomp changes and add hella whiff recovery. I'm talking about like 50 frames
3.) optional (make banned custom moves legal. most of the banned moves can deal with sheevas stomp (ex: rains wave dash movement move)

I believe nrs is in a position in which they cannot nerf Sheeva anymore because they decided to jump the gun and nerf dragon stance already. if Sheeva gets nerfed, then everyone is getting the hammer. Ex: no more distances for leap, no more jack in the box, Liu Kang gets removed from the game ... etc... lmao

ps: having the delay cost meter wouldn't change anything. you still would have to guess from forwards or backwards.
Some characters don't have to worry about her dropping forwards or back, it's the delay that manages to get them.

Hence people wanting Delay removed, cost meter, Delay being a slot while directable is base

I'm confused by all the Sheeva hysteria lately. People haven't had much problem dodging stomp IME; they just wait for the camera shift and then walk away. But I don't use the directable version -- is that the one ppl are complaining about or is it her base stomp?

I'm confused by all the Sheeva hysteria lately. People haven't had much problem dodging stomp IME; they just wait for the camera shift and then walk away. But I don't use the directable version -- is that the one ppl are complaining about or is it her base stomp?
You don't even need the direct able version, base has so much crap jammed in it and its all free. The move is:
  1. Delayable
  2. Ampable
  3. Trackable
  4. Unblockable
And has a 32% KB attached to it. And she only ever has to amp it when she wants the kb. This is why all the top tiers are top. They either have base moves that give them all-in-ones or their best moves are only 1 slot. Why the hell all of cetrion moves give like 5 versions of the move but mileena has to equip her air teleport and air sai??? Especially since mileena was designed with the damn customs in mind????

And the problem have with this brain dead move is that it simply does too much. It needs one defined purpose, which should be anti zoning. Speed the move up, remove the delay. Fixed.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
They need to buff a new move that we will complain about. Seriously guys fucking figure it out. They don't need to buff shit. Is it a strong move, ya probably. Does it change the way you play, ya but you should be used it by now and figure out how to fucking counter it. we don't need to go around changing moves just because you can't figure it out.

I'm sure the chiefs last night wish they could've gotten the nfl to nerf the bucs d-line, but actually they should've game planned for them better and adjusted better during the game.

NoCharge

Noob
You overhaul Shao Kahn and make him at least A-tier level so he is used more. I'm tired of seeing Sheeva.

Everyone's solutions are so dramatic. Just add 2 to 5 frames after the camera shift and before she drops down.
It doesn't matter how many frames you add, she still has a selectable drop window of 30 frames where she can come down whenever she chooses (after you try to dodge).

Edit: Alternatively they could make it so she locks on to you on the way up. So it still functions as an anti zoning tool, but we can dash out of it once we see it. But dragon stance nerf needs to be reverted to compensate.

Last edited:

kantboy-2

Ripper
So bring back the Run Mechanic for everyone because people can't deal with sheeva stomp?
No; bring back the walking speed/dashes from MKX so everyone can deal with moves like this and other shit from the "I don't play neutral" crowd.

Sheeva came out in May but it took 8 months for people to realize delayed stomp = bad because everyone was tier whoring up until Ttz blew them up? If so, then the move is not the problem.