What's new

How to balance Jade.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I am Not down- or up- or across- or through-playing Jade at all OMG :confused:
For one last time: I'm saying she's weaker than the strong characters, but she can win. I just wish she was better. Or do you think she's as strong as Upgraded?! HOW??
I also said, literally: Let's not pretend like we are NRS Developers because we only really see a Small Slice of the entire game.
The Developers have statistics and they WILL change things when they think it's necessary.
Yeah have to agree with you here. Besides a moneymatch wont proof anything so not sure why @karaokelove wants a MM.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
You just admitted that you don't even understand what I'm saying.
You come from this angle where you're superior and "FITE ME BRO. FITE ME." as if beating you in a mirror, or with my main, would validate my opinion over yours, or yours over mine. It doesn't work that way.

I was telling you simple stuff and you were raging at me.
Like @John_NX suggested:
Let's just stop.

Time to feed the kids.
No, you don't get any you've been bad.
No one was raging at you. Again, I was disagreeing with you. And, again, you are the only one attacking other people here. I pointed out inconsistencies in your posts, but never once did I attack or insult you, or claim you are raging and angry. If you're arguing with me and you post something that doesn't add up, I'm going to call it out and ask you to clarify. Again, not raging, just having a conversation.

I'm also not claiming to be superior. I'm just stating my opinions based on my experiences with the game; opinions I've had to backup consistently and which none of the Jade downplayers have been able to refute. I believe you're confusing confidence with superiority. I am confident in my claims and will defend them. I can't apologize if that makes you feel inferior for some reason.

Playing each other would give us each a chance to back up our claims. I think Jade is good, you think she is bad, and thus I challenge you to a ft10 to back up your claims. So many people on this site are happy to shit out all kinds of claims, but the moment they're asked to post match footage or play a set, it's suddenly not possible. If you're not willing to back up your claims then you're just an armchair theorycrafter whose posts have very little merit. I've given you the chance to back up your claims with an offer that only benefits you. If you consider that raging, I'd hate to see what you think actual anger looks like.

The fact that you conflate someone arguing with you with them being "bad" tells me everything I need to know about you. Don't worry, I won't hurt your feelings anymore by disagreeing with you. I'll just toss your name into the pile of Jade downplayers unwilling to back up their claims with any kind of footage, evidence, or sets, and move along.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
No one was raging at you. Again, I was disagreeing with you. And, again, you are the only one attacking other people here. I pointed out inconsistencies in your posts, but never once did I attack or insult you, or claim you are raging and angry. If you're arguing with me and you post something that doesn't add up, I'm going to call it out and ask you to clarify. Again, not raging, just having a conversation.

I'm also not claiming to be superior. I'm just stating my opinions based on my experiences with the game; opinions I've had to backup consistently and which none of the Jade downplayers have been able to refute. I believe you're confusing confidence with superiority. I am confident in my claims and will defend them. I can't apologize if that makes you feel inferior for some reason.

Playing each other would give us each a chance to back up our claims. I think Jade is good, you think she is bad, and thus I challenge you to a ft10 to back up your claims. So many people on this site are happy to shit out all kinds of claims, but the moment they're asked to post match footage or play a set, it's suddenly not possible. If you're not willing to back up your claims then you're just an armchair theorycrafter whose posts have very little merit. I've given you the chance to back up your claims with an offer that only benefits you. If you consider that raging, I'd hate to see what you think actual anger looks like.

The fact that you conflate someone arguing with you with them being "bad" tells me everything I need to know about you. Don't worry, I won't hurt your feelings anymore by disagreeing with you. I'll just toss your name into the pile of Jade downplayers unwilling to back up their claims with any kind of footage, evidence, or sets, and move along.
Can you please tell me how and who is downplaying jade on a high level?

Denny

Noob
Leave him alone, he's one of those people who will gaslight you into hell just so that he can feel superior to someone on the internet.
I lived with a man like that. He'd scream if I beat him with Dan in SFIV

Denny

Noob

Pretend that you're a sane person. Read back your earlier posts where you ADMITTED that you don't understand me and then went straight to OMFG MONIEZ. And then suddenly, when you notice yourself, you're just debating me.

Can we just stop, please?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm not sure what you mean by "downplay on a high level". When I talk about downplayers, I'm referring to many of the members who post in the Jade forums. These players have no urge to learn to play to her strengths and play around her weaknesses, they want her weaknesses deleted and her strengths enhanced. Just look through the Jade threads and you can find plenty of instances of me arguing with these players. It doesn't matter how much you try to post helpful info, it gets ignores in favor of complaining. I posted a pretty thorough breakdown of how I play her and how to utilize her strengths; I'll see if I can find it to repost here.

@Denny Now you are just straight-up attacking me without even the facade of having it related to my views on Jade. You may think I come across as gruff or overconfident in my responses, but if anyone is making this thread toxic, it's you. And you're free to read through our conversation as well. You'll see that anytime I didn't think I fully understood you, I outlined what I thought you were trying to say for clarification. I can tell you're someone who must get in the last word, but I promise that if you post something related to me, I'm going to respond to it. If you truly want this debate to end then leave me alone and go back to theorycrafting with your offline friends.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think overall she's pretty balanced compared to other characters she's strong in zoning but weaker in other areas, she's step ger online with lag but to be fair this applies to a lot of characters as well. I'm fine with her overall, I'd make her 124 string have pushback and safe but that's just me personally. I know her b3434 string is safe but I've noticed at times has input issues...

Denny

Noob
I'm not sure what you mean by "downplay on a high level". When I talk about downplayers, I'm referring to many of the members who post in the Jade forums. These players have no urge to learn to play to her strengths and play around her weaknesses, they want her weaknesses deleted and her strengths enhanced. Just look through the Jade threads and you can find plenty of instances of me arguing with these players. It doesn't matter how much you try to post helpful info, it gets ignores in favor of complaining. I posted a pretty thorough breakdown of how I play her and how to utilize her strengths; I'll see if I can find it to repost here.

@Denny Now you are just straight-up attacking me
I'm attacking YOU? Okay then.

Last edited:

Denny

Noob
if Jade needs that much buffs Shao Kahn should erase himself from the history.
I'm sure you don't randomly post absolute nonsense in threads and you've read the entire thread and you are well aware that Shao has been brought up as one of the characters who are even worse off than Jade. :D
I'm also positive that you realise that nobody here said otherwise.
However, Shao being worse off than Jade doesn't make Jade's problems magically disappear.

Oh, and we were just saying "No, Jade doesn't need BUFFS. She just hasn't been touched since Beta and she needs help in some regards so that she compares to all the strong characters."

The latter part of which is also true about Shao. He does need help.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, not going to lie. That Don Cheadle Beetlejuice is kind of Nightmare fuel... :eek: reminds me of this crackhead my friends used to see all the time on the corner.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i am not denying if Jade needs help. i just thought a character like Jade (who has overhead and low combo starter, good projectiles, good mid stagger and even projectile shield) needs that much help, there is no hope for Shao Kahn. LOL

Denny

Noob
i am not denying if Jade needs help. i just thought a character like Jade (who has overhead and low combo starter, good projectiles, good mid stagger and even projectile shield) needs that much help, there is no hope for Shao Kahn. LOL
I hope they'll both get their help soon enough.