What's new

How to avoid special input error

omooba

fear the moobs
With d'vorah i keep getting df1 when i want to go from down blocking to f1 and with superman in the beta i keep getting rising grab when i want to do f1 from down blocking or d1. It doesn't seem to be based on how fast i do the input. Any help would be really appreciated.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
On a stick I have found that releasing the stick for a moment before inputting the diagonal will spare me the problem. It takes practice, much easier on pad since the buttons can be pressed separately.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It's fucking awful in the beta. I get so many df2/df1 Superman inputs trying to punish, it's really frustrating. I had assumed input shortcuts would fix it but it did nothing
Great.

My biggest complaint about I1 was how ass it felt to control, with the special input issues, weird ass buffereing, and other annoyances.

Watching a few non NRS streamers like Max and Rip have said all that shit has returned.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
have one already. got it back when i thought i could git gud at marvel vs capcom. are you sure it doesn
t happen on that? cus if so i'm soooo hopping on it
I have had 0 issues and I have been playing on my PS4 hitbox beta one for hours now

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This is a concern of mine and it's not just me, many people I talk to despise it.

I feel like this isn't gonna be fixed.

Example: What happens is if I block holding Back and immediate punish w a F2 the game gives me bf2. When the attack is blocked the game appears to register it as a single hitting input of me pressing back, this is so annoying and stupid. It needs to understand the difference between an action of block and pressing the button back then another command to do a move

the game is really bad at this. nrs hasn't properly considered the implications or taken necessary precautions as a result. as an example, if you do db1 cancels on tremor, you can't do b1 on the first following frame (you have to wait a bit for a slight gap) or the game will just give you another db1 because of input 'leniency,' which in truth just does more harm than good.