What's new

how the heck do you pressure mileena

Impose

A Call For Blood
Kenshi and Kang are my two mains, JC being a 3rd im trying to learn

Mileena is pissing me the hell off. It's either I cant punish a blocked teleport because of air sai so basically nothing going on there. I can't pressure what soever cause hur dur d4

then i can....im just raging

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
For one you need to not be afraid of her, that's something people do that get them screwed over when fighting her, and as a result, allow her to get away with way too much. Mileena's probably one of the slowest characters in the game, D+4 is good, but doesn't honestly grant her that much and several Mileena's just use it as a baiting tool so she can nail you with an overhead or punish a whiffed poke with roll.

I don't know how you can't punish a blocked teleport though. If she hesitates the sai to keep herself in the air longer just wait until she drops a little more before you go into your punish. If you're talking her enhanced teleport, then yeah, that's a little trickier. My advice? Get someone online to practice doing it against. It's easiest for me if I tap down repeatedly while she's teleporting, then follow that up with my punish after the D+1 connects.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Kenshi and Kang are my two mains, JC being a 3rd im trying to learn

Mileena is pissing me the hell off. It's either I cant punish a blocked teleport because of air sai so basically nothing going on there. I can't pressure what soever cause hur dur d4

then i can....im just raging
block teles crouching, d1 into special or d2 when sai is flying over your head.eg. with kenshi, d1~rising karma (if your trying this online its harder)
with d4 either jump kick combo them or let it whiff and whiff punish, the 3 chars you play can whiff punish d4 pretty handy.
cage has a adv of mil, kang is prob even and kenshi rapes mileena really bad so your in a good position for fighting her

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Things to remember about mileena. A max range d4 gets her nothing, she doesnt have anything fast enough to use her advantage, unless she wanted to try to check you with a roll or another d4. So just be patient with it, try to bait a d4 out and whiff punish it, cage can use fwd3, b3, or if you want you could just hit her with a downpoke of your own (probably d3) and go into pressure if that is easier. As far as straight up pressure, she has some of the slowest normals in the game. I will go into specifics with cage because I know him but I am sure these things can be applied to other characters. Do not be afraid or respect her in any way. No armor, slow ass normals means fwd3 and fwd3 again. Don't even bother crouching in your pressure, that way she can never get max advantage of her d3. If she hits you with a d3 and you are standing, I am pretty sure you can fwd3 out of all her options except a throw or a d4 if you are player 2. Imo you should pressure her until you have a nice health lead, than use fwd33b3 to build a little more meter and gain some space, and make mileena rush you down, which means you will be able to start whiff punishing with b3 and she has to take lots of risks. Your teleport and ex teleport punishes, to keep it simple, can just be d1 under the sai, fwd3 nutpunch.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Things to remember about mileena. A max range d4 gets her nothing, she doesnt have anything fast enough to use her advantage, unless she wanted to try to check you with a roll or another d4. So just be patient with it, try to bait a d4 out and whiff punish it, cage can use fwd3, b3, or if you want you could just hit her with a downpoke of your own (probably d3) and go into pressure if that is easier. As far as straight up pressure, she has some of the slowest normals in the game. I will go into specifics with cage because I know him but I am sure these things can be applied to other characters. Do not be afraid or respect her in any way. No armor, slow ass normals means fwd3 and fwd3 again. Don't even bother crouching in your pressure, that way she can never get max advantage of her d3. If she hits you with a d3 and you are standing, I am pretty sure you can fwd3 out of all her options except a throw or a d4 if you are player 2. Imo you should pressure her until you have a nice health lead, than use fwd33b3 to build a little more meter and gain some space, and make mileena rush you down, which means you will be able to start whiff punishing with b3 and she has to take lots of risks. Your teleport and ex teleport punishes, to keep it simple, can just be d1 under the sai, fwd3 nutpunch.
why are you never online to test these things :p

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
With kenshi, block tele then reflect, then combo at will. Or just block then tele dash, or do the close falling blade in advance, stops rolls too :) with kang try using his counter move, when I was cyber sub freezing myself made it almost impossible for her to touch me, however it takes practice to get < 450ms reaction times...