What's new

Question How smoke is supposed to be played

cabibi

Noob
Well, there is one instance I can think of where this would be useful; people who tech roll immediately. Tech rolling messes up the wiff tele oki. If they roll back it normally crosses you up and that's no good. So, while I haven't tested this, it seems to me if you find yourself fighting someone who techs every knockdown, wiff tele to smoke drift will cross up their cross up haha.
I'd rather just EX smoke bomb em out of it. but yea if you don't have meter I can see it's uses... I just think you might be at a frame disadvantage on wakeup.

Enhanced smoke bomb doesn't beat rolls. Not sure why you keep recommending that. Also, the roll will cross your input up, and db2 is a cross-up sensitive input, so it won't help.

So far, 3, D+1, 2 is the best cross up response I've come across. It's a little slow, but at least the input isn't changed by cross-ups and it has advantage on block. Seems like the best way to deal with it is to not let it happen at all though. Air throw caused utkd, which means they can't roll (or wakeup attack) at all. Worth the 3% damage loss on some combos imo.

Kwon

---->----
Well, there is one instance I can think of where this would be useful; people who tech roll immediately. Tech rolling messes up the wiff tele oki. If they roll back it normally crosses you up and that's no good. So, while I haven't tested this, it seems to me if you find yourself fighting someone who techs every knockdown, wiff tele to smoke drift will cross up their cross up haha.
EX Smokebomb is also good.