What's new

How should the NRS community feel about the MK11 non-reveal? The Netherkast speaks!

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Here's how this reads to me:

My role, along with @HellblazerHawkman, is to keep TYM up to date with the latest news on the community and the NRS scene, both competitive, lore-based and overall NRS news. Part of my 'beat' is podcasts and lore and that jazz.

From the perspective of literally everyone, even acknowledged by Boon, there was a cycle and that cycle indicated MK11. He even said "if you followed our cycle, you can guess whats coming next". It seemed highly likely and, without verging into the realms of pure clickbait like SMGPrincess or whatever her name is, if the ENTIRE community is speculating and discussing MK11, should that just be ignored despite the fact that people want to read about that speculation, they want to take part in it, they want to hear about it, purely by virtue of the fact that it's speculation?

But let's say we do that, let's say we ignore the speculation and leave TYM dead and fallow. Then people will start to say that the staff at TYM don't care about the site or the community and don't care about keeping it up to date etc. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

That's what really irks, tbh. I'll leave defending the NK to @Temp as he's killing it (and agreed re the shout to @KingHippo and @Slips) but I find it incredibly confusing as a staff member to be accused of front paging alleged "clickbait" (it's not) while at the same time others say we're neglecting the site and letting it die off and fade away.

People bemoan TYM's slow down in the face of Discord, even though it's largely cyclical and we can categorically see the numbers increase before E3 and then decrease when the MK11 hype goes away, but when it comes to staff and mods working to restore the site to it's prime, they get accused of clickbait and deliberately overhyping people.

At least we aren't being accused of money grubbing too (though I did get a free TYM t shirt so I guess that makes me a soulless corporate prostitute).

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
What pisses me off is the fact that the same people who feel misled/angry by all the hype that was unfortunately met with no announcement, are the SAME ones who simply put the game down as soon as the next game is announced. WAAAAAAAHHHHH I have to play Injustice 2 longer than I thought, WAAAAAHHHH. I'm still playing MKX and would STILL be playing MK9 and Injustice 1 if the online portion wasn't totally dead and the netcode wasn't so terrible.

Ugh, bunch of ungrateful twats.

Sorry.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
To add another note to this, I sure hope that NRS gives more patches to IJ2.

IJ2 is just the most balanced of all NRS games, half the cast could use some changes in order to be made better and tbh I wouldn't hate if some of the lower tiers were even overbuffed to shake up the tier list more