What's new

Question - Aftershock how should I utilize dd1

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Use the ground version after midscreen knockdowns and consider using the EX version in the corner. Against characters like Quan Chi(non Warlock AKA no armor) in the corner it can be an effective tool. It's good to force an action out of your opponent. It can be used for hard to block mixups and crazy blockstrings but that can be hard to incorporate if not near impossible in some MU's.

Use the air version to zone, whiff punish and to do cute overhead/low air mixups. Remember you can combo off of the EX version.

D. R.

Noob
Why not? Don't tell me people still buy that low tier Tremor bullshit...
Yeah, he kinda still is.

But please tell me how he's not with his "hard to blockable," cancel pressure that's all negative and his "over abundance" of mid options to check low pokes or actual lack thereof.

And if you use online as a means to gauge the match up, this conversation is over before it could start. Lol

Marinjuana

Yeah, he kinda still is.

But please tell me how he's not with his "hard to blockable," cancel pressure that's all negative and his "over abundance" of mid options to check low pokes or actual lack thereof. And if you use online as a means to gauge the match up, this conversation is over before it could start. Lol
Well first off he's a very strong character in Crystalline no question about it. His flex and EX shatter are two of the best moves in the game. His cancel pressure allows him to make about everything he throws out safe. His mid is called d1. No one ever said he has an over abundance of mids you completely made that up. Punish pokes with spacing or armor. Yes he has a hard to blockable putting quotes around it doesn't make it non-existent. He has good meterless damage, great punishes, great corner carry, good projectiles, good safe pressure, hard hitting armor, a flash parry, good forward moving strings. His weaknesses are slow pokes, slow armor and low profiling.(The latter two aren't as big of an issue in Crystal thanks to EX shatter) That doesn't sound like a low tier character to me.

And yes I play the majority of my matches online. That doesn't change the facts.

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
Well first off he's a very strong character in Crystalline no question about it. His flex and EX shatter are two of the best moves in the game. His cancel pressure allows him to make about everything he throws out safe. His mid is called d1. No one ever said he has an over abundance of mids you completely made that up. Punish pokes with spacing or armor. Yes he has a hard to blockable putting quotes around it doesn't make it non-existent. He has good meterless damage, great punishes, great corner carry, good projectiles, good safe pressure, hard hitting armor, a flash parry, good forward moving strings. His weaknesses are slow pokes, slow armor and low profiling.(The latter two aren't as big of an issue in Crystal thanks to EX shatter) That doesn't sound like a low tier character to me.

And yes I play the majority of my matches online. That doesn't change the facts.
Lmao "Well first off" this thread is about Aftershock, not Crystalline so anything you mentioned pertaining to that variation doesn't matter here. Way to invalidate a portion of your rebuttal right off the rip. Aftershock is trash. Way too easy to low profile and deal with his tool set. Flash parry is only so helpful and his air ground pulse is easily dealt with, along with his other slow ass projectiles. He has no mids and can't maintain any form of pressure thanks to d1 being 9 frames. Too many characters can easily bully him in this game just for that one glaring flaw. I could go on and on about AS since it's not like I didn't main him for a few months and put out loads of tech for him early on but I digress.

The ground pulse is utterly useless since it disappears on hit and block, which I find ridiculous when compared to other trap characters and their respective set up options. It's a scare tactic that competent players will deal with easily.

You tryhards really have to stop with this shit saying Tremor is still good. He's mediocre at best in Crystalline and garbage in AS and Metallic. He's a prime example of NRS incompetence with balancing their game. Hopefully after Evo we get a patch that addresses every character properly. Doubtful but hopeful.

omooba

fear the moobs
ok hol up tremor aftershock has good pressure. good spacing. good zoning. safe armor and true hardtoblockables. and probably the best string in the game. wtf you talking bout. he's midtier def not low tier

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah, he kinda still is.

But please tell me how he's not with his "hard to blockable," cancel pressure that's all negative and his "over abundance" of mid options to check low pokes or actual lack thereof.

And if you use online as a means to gauge the match up, this conversation is over before it could start. Lol
Jump back insta air DD1 is one of the best imaginable tools in the game for dealing with people low profiling

Aftershock is amazing, in the right hands hes Tremor's best variation

Marinjuana

Lmao "Well first off" this thread is about Aftershock, not Crystalline so anything you mentioned pertaining to that variation doesn't matter here. Way to invalidate a portion of your rebuttal right off the rip.
Then don't say the character say the variation. And don't act like I'm the one off topic with your shit comment.

Aftershock is trash
Alright buddy. People who actually play the character and aren't braindead know he isn't.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
D. R. is right. Aftershock and Metallic are mediocre because of the universal changes to up rock and the reduction to damage. They are arguably one of the worst variations in the game, but Crystalline is high mid and still viable. NRS is well-known for its reactionary and sloppy balance changes, so things could have turned out much, much worse. Look at what was done to Tanya.

E

Eldriken

D. R. is right. Aftershock and Metallic are mediocre because of the universal changes to up rock and the reduction to damage. They are arguably one of the worst variations in the game, but Crystalline is high mid and still viable. NRS is well-known for its reactionary and sloppy balance changes, so things could have turned out much, much worse. Look at what was done to Tanya.
Dave and D.R. are right. The only really viable variation now is Crystalline. Tremor was pretty much gutted and got nothing to compensate for it. No mids, slow d1, slow startup on projectiles, etc.

The best things about him are f12(1), Flex and EX Shatter.

omooba

fear the moobs
disagree with both of you damn near completely. crystalline is his best yeah but again naked tremor is still decent. i play him on the side and other than better pokes i ask for nothing else. he doesn't have enough problems in his gameplan to not be viable imo

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Aftershock has a 14-15f full screen launching projectile, 12f if you're already airborne, we can say whatever about him but there is no way this character can be described as having slow projectiles, he has an amazing projectile game and iaQ compliments the character better than anything else and is one of the best specials in the game. I think AS is his best variation and has no problem with low profiling at all, and I dont think Tremors universal downsides changes this

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Aftershock has a 14-15f full screen launching projectile, 12f if you're already airborne, we can say whatever about him but there is no way this character can be described as having slow projectiles, he has an amazing projectile game and iaQ compliments the character better than anything else and is one of the best specials in the game. I think AS is his best variation and has no problem with low profiling at all, and I dont think Tremors universal downsides changes this
I'm gonna have to disagree with this. For one, I think Crystalline was better both before XL and still now. How does he have "no problem with low profiling at all". That's EXACTLY what he has problems with. Metallic and Aftershock both depended on uprock and OTG and don't have as many ways to compensate for their absence as Crystalline does. Flex is one of the best moves in the game and it gives Tremor something to do after a knockdown since OTG is RIP. And of course the safe armored launcher. I don't think Aftershock is complete garbage, but he doesn't hold a candle to Crystalline.