What's new

How realistic is Sindels flight cancel

I been practicing it for me and gokurens xbox 360 combo video. I know it wasn;t done at full speed for past combo videos, so how many to you think is practicle?

ZAQ

Noob
I think Shock could do it, or at least get a couple hits out of it.

He already has his hands trained to do 3 flight cancels in a row pretty easily and with only about 1-3 frames each.
I don't understand why he doesn't try to take it to the next level.

MKK hanzo

I been practicing it for me and gokurens xbox 360 combo video. I know it wasn;t done at full speed for past combo videos, so how many to you think is practicle?
Props for not using emus at combovids... MKK style!

It pisses me off to find out that all combo videos were basically cheated by slowing it down
LOL!

i've done six at normal speed but thats it. its worthless trying.
LOL x2!! Now I remember your words about Sindel inf.........

Derek

Noob
There's only a handful of combos that needed to have the game slowed down to accomplish. In fact, that's the only one I can think of. Anyone else know any?

MKK hanzo

mkt broken 1, 2 and 3 had "some" slow frame to it... still they are THE BEST and most creative and sick MKT vids ever... props to Ded_ and co. for those!

ded

Elder God
i actually havent performed any n64 combo from mkt broken series since i cant do combos in slow mo, selpex did them ;]

MKK hanzo

Nah thats easy, Sindels inf mostly os difficult cause you mess up between the Stick taps and button push, its easier for ppl who plays musical instruments due to the added dexterity and interdependence (believe it or not it has helped me a lot =) )

dreemernj

Ambassador
Nah thats easy, Sindels inf mostly os difficult cause you mess up between the Stick taps and button push, its easier for ppl who plays musical instruments due to the added dexterity and interdependence (believe it or not it has helped me a lot =) )
This is very true.

I've gotten 9 repetitions at 100% speed and the original video of it was recorded at something around 85% to 90% speed. It was on an old comp, so 100% wasn't possible :-/ However getting it took so many tries over and over and over again that it actually got painful. i did it on an old PS/2 MS ergo keyboard that is sadly no longer with us. And, at the time, I was practicing piano 2 hours a day, lol.

It is an extremely unuseful combo, but then it was never designed to be useful, it's a combo video. Anybody that thought a combo vid really related to actual gameplay was simply missing the point, lol.

Like most vids in a combo video, it might demonstrate something that is useful but the exact, long, crazy combo, is not really useful. Like with sindel's flight cancel, i've seen Shock do 2 or 3 volleys of it in the corner in actual gameplay, so the idea of it can be handy. But the full inf? It's just way too difficult.

The only thing going for it is that there isn't anything about it that makes it impossible to get, it's just very hard. It's not like the Mk2 KL dive kick inf which requires a very specific, to the frame timing, that makes the use of it impossible.

just keep practicing blk I've seen you get two if you can get two you can get three plus you're a beast guitar hero and you play guitar so you've got the dexterity

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Generally I only do one volley in the corner after pop up to JK, then JK HK or air fireball. It's more of a psyche tactic than anything since it's only 3-6% more damage in a worthwhile scenario. I can get 2 volleys consistently now in gameplay and usually screw up the finish, I have only ever attempted 3 maybe once. It's essentially useless. If it was like, B,B, HK for the flight, I would say it could be a dangerous threat in game, but the Forward makes it that much more difficult. Basically, if you can get 2 volleys, you might as well do one, the JK AFB of JK, pause, HK, because it's very hard to connect a JK after two.

Generally I only do one volley in the corner after pop up to JK, then JK HK or air fireball. It's more of a psyche tactic than anything since it's only 3-6% more damage in a worthwhile scenario. I can get 2 volleys consistently now in gameplay and usually screw up the finish, I have only ever attempted 3 maybe once. It's essentially useless. If it was like, B,B, HK for the flight, I would say it could be a dangerous threat in game, but the Forward makes it that much more difficult.

If the move was B, B HK, I bet that would have moved her up a coulple of spots in the tier list.

I've done only one volley in the corner, and I usually be too tired to come up with anything after that...it's very exhausting as it is very useless.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I also seem to get worse and worse at getting 2 in a row if I practice it seems lol. Randomly trying it in matches seems to be better.