Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
My poor use of meter lost me a tournament match
Most of his combos don't require meter so save it for his godly armored wakeups
Subscribe to my YouTube channel: etoroguy
Let me know what you want to see next

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I would say it was more about the massive amount of punishes you missed on various teleports and slides. Idk much about Jason, but does he not have a string with a mid in it? Seems like the string you were using was all highs, and he was just ducking under all 3 hits.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
for instance 54 seconds in, all 3 hits of his string whiffed on the crouching scorp player. Seemed like that happened a lot during the set, meaning the scorp player wasn't even blocking, and could have gotten blown up by any number of things, especially if Jason has a string with a true mid in it, which I would imagine he does.

Etoroguy

I didn't know what to do. Those attacks hit mid but he was able to duck them. Thanks for the input everyone.

Etoroguy

How punishable is scorpion's takedown? It appears to lower his hitbox quite a bit.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
You need to hit confirm b122, you can get a lot out of the fact that b12 leaves you at -1(often times i do another b12 due to they're delay to react or I do an ex dbf2). It's also easy to do, last 2 can be done really late.

Also as you're probably aware, never blow all your meter on an xray unless its winning you the game.

Other things, use armor to end rounds you hit scorp with ex choke and he did nothing on wakeup, had you used armor thatd be an easy finisher. It's also a good xray bait, juking people by running up with armor and blocking especially against players like that works well.

Try doing ex dbf2 when coming out of tele, it tends to work well for me if people aren't expecting it, would of worked in your game for sure. That or ex choke works the same.

Also off f44 do something, whether it's armor, pursuit teleport, anything is better than standing there. I personally like tele to switch their inputs and it sets up a good ex dbf2. F44 is special cancelable remember that.

Learn some tick grabs too, d1, b2, jump in 42, and b1 are all god normals/strings that can get you really good tick grab setups. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of jump in 42 since it's too slow to use otherwise and super easy to tick grab into.

Also go into training mode and practice punishing low hitbox moves like slides. Would've save you a lot there.

Also jump in f2 sets up great punishes, if you can jump in and see you're hitting that's your go to max damage starter.

Etoroguy

I know some tick throws but can't do them consistently. Any tips on how to do the down back forward input on dpad without messing up

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I know some tick throws but can't do them consistently. Any tips on how to do the down back forward input on dpad without messing up
If you're doing a tick grab do db2f, helps me anyways. Feels more natural to do a qcb motion like a fireball in street fighter or Quan Chi's rune and then just tapping forward real quick. If you're just doing a raw dbf2 don't do it because teleport will come out. Just practice practice practice. Get b2 tick grab and jump in punch 24 tick grab down first, set ai to block practice both sides till it feels natural. Then go to d1 and b1, you can shortcut d1 tick grabs by doing d1 and then bf2 the d1 shortcuts the command grab. Problem is if you're crouched. Still trying to find a good way to get out a tick grab while already crouched. You can stand up and re crouch but that can take too long sometimes and is hard to do reactively. Hope this helps.