What's new

How Music Can Increase Focus and Help You Make Better Predictions

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't know if music helps me, I'm one of those people where I have to tune everything else out as much as possible. It's good for getting you hyped up for a match but not sure it's good for me as far as concentration.

Vagrant

Noob
I actually insist on playing with the sound off 95% of the time. I hate the corny noises and the constant sound of people getting hit and yelling, it's annoying and just kind of a downer on the vibe. Sometimes I'll put on music or sometimes I'll put TV on in the background but the sound almost always goes off.

Probably no jazz listeners here but that's def my go to when playing w/ music.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I have two modes for this:
Classical Music- Mozart & Vivaldi primarily (lots of childhood reading time associations. It calms me down)
Retrowave- Like Laserhawk - Great for when I want to feel the "Flow" and my nerves are fine.

Anything with words is generally a flush for my concentration, so I avoid it if I want to try hard.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Video game OSTs are also excellent for this type of thing. In my experience using music like this can absolutely improve your focus and help you stay in flow states.

If you are playing a game though, the sound effects are essential, just turn the music down in the settings. And while we're on the subject, I do think NRS really stepped up their game and made a soundtrack worth listening to, but it's no substitute for hand picked stuff like this.