What's new

How much priotity is in the Rhino Drop?

When playing Jarek I try to do a lot of mix ups and one of the few specials I use alot is the rhino drop, which gives me a few seconds to block and sidestep *if lucky even a j.HP, HP, HK, Down+HP, aaHP Star Throw* My question is how much priotity is in that Rhino Drop and what advantages are there from using it?

MKK hanzo

Nothing, several chars can punish you even when hitting with it from close, and some like Scorp at full screen. Dont use it except for the kill.

Poor Skylight has been waiting almost 8 months for an answer. What kind of sick community is this that doesn't answer a question for a game released in 1997?! I'm disgusted!

Poor Skylight has been waiting almost 8 months for an answer. What kind of sick community is this that doesn't answer a question for a game released in 1997?! I'm disgusted!
lol. I mean people respond like CRAZY for MK2, so its not how old the game is, just how active the community is. MK4/Gold didn't really have an active community (as this is the only active thread here in the MK4/Gold discussion btw.)

MKK hanzo

If you are referring to me, I dont post that much due to real life issues, also I live in venezuela, one of the few countries that took MK4 (very) seriously. I may have a bit more time now so feel free to ask.

On topic: Remember that MK4 Jarek is TOTALLY different than MK Armaggeddon Jarek, Rhino Drop (RD) can be used after a long combo, for example if you manage a JP starter: HpHpHk d+Hp, run AA Hp x 2, JK, then there you can add a RD. Several chars can punish you from up close so dont expect to use it as a frame trap o rsomething, and some chars as I said, can punish you even if it hits. Scorp for example can Tlp punish you at full screen. You can zone with his Star Throw to some degree, sadly, Up Ball doesnt has as much priority (or good hhitbox) as say, UMK3 Kano.

He is a fun character, can compete somehow. has some "camera mixups" after his LK throw (jump over the rival after an Lk throw and you can ambiguous throw, hk starter, sweep etc). His default wpn attacks are some of the fastest in the game, his wpn Hp is one of the best AA in the game and can be followed by another, then add an AA wpn Lp and (I barely remember) you can add a RD there (?). Some chars (Liu, Jax, Sub) can punish easily his wpn on block (all attacks) and Reiko can make him pay with a 45% combo off of a blocked wpn attack punished with Flip Kick.

Last edited:
Reiko from MKA was such a shitty character, really missed the opportunity into making him an individual character. Atleast MKA redeemed Shinok in the eyes of MK loyalists.