What's new

"How Mortal Kombat 11 is Ruining Sindel"

Lokheit

Noob
Sure I have

you think sindel had any "character" in those games worth remembering?

No I don't think so.
I updated the post with extra info.

Sindel was a clearly defined good and noble character in those games. She was the most important edenian character in MKD konquest, you had to gain her favor. In her story she's partnering with Jade to defeat Onaga and save her daughter.

You guys were saying the only proof of her being good were non canon mk3 ending texts. MKD and MKA have way more than enough proof to show she was one of the most noble characters.

You said a false statement and I presented proof, the fact that you don't care about her story arc doesn't mean it didn't exist.

DLC Sindel is a retcon that destroys everything that was stablished about the character (unless it's brainwashed Sindel trolling everyone, but I doubt it). Even MK9 Sindel was good on her ending ffs.

Fans of characters love them because of their stories (also for their looks and powers, but that's what atracts fans, stories are what keep them). This is for example why most SZ fans hated the CSZ mess in MK9 as he was one of the best developed characters in the original timeline. Luckily he more or less took the same steps and we can now act as if CSZ didn't exist.

The writers should at least read the original source material, fans wanted the Sindel they know.

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Sindel fans are exposing themselves as some of the worst. Not as bad as Rain or Mileena fans though.

Just be thankful she is in the game. There are far more interesting characters who should have had her spot instead.

As far as we know though, DLC character representations are not canon to the lore since they're not Story Mode. I wouldn't take the description seriously lore-wise.

Cyber Sub-Zero was also a very cool twist.

Not gonna lie, he snapped in that video. Everything he said regarding Sindel’s character (and then some) was 100% valid. Her character now compared to how it was before is a serious downgrade and it makes her extremely generic.

To those saying it’s probably not canon:
In the video it’s even stated that why would I want a non-canon representation of a character when they could just use something that accurately showcases what the character is or should be?

Feel how you want about 4th Snake, but nothing about this video in particular is bull.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think I've seen a few of his videos before, and they've been pretty trash.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
In the past Sindel hasn't seemed that interesting to me, at least character-wise, but I felt the same way about a lot of characters in MK11 before they were shown, and NRS has continuously found a way to make their characters way more interesting and have much more depth, so I think she'll probably be pretty cool.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Biggest Sindel fan here.
am i the only sindel fan that played story mode? didnt the story establish that there were tons of alternate timelines where different stuff happened??? where different characters played different roles? the MK 1 - MKA time line is ONE, MK9 AND MKX is another and MK11 IS its own mix of multiple time lines.

who the fuck cares about storylines? we have our queen back.

we should be talking about her game play hopes. instead we are whining about her being a little raunchy and telling kitana she betrayed Jarrod.

Biggest Sindel fan here.
am i the only sindel fan that played story mode? didnt the story establish that there were tons of alternate timelines where different stuff happened??? where different characters played different roles? the MK 1 - MKA time line is ONE, MK9 AND MKX is another and MK11 IS its own mix of multiple time lines.

who the fuck cares about storylines? we have our queen back.

we should be talking about her game play hopes. instead we are whining about her being a little raunchy and telling kitana she betrayed Jarrod.
I’m glad you’re happy to have her. I am too. But they are ruining her character. She loves edenia but now she is just a evil bitch who betrayed her own realm and family.

haketh

Noob
Long been a fan of Sindel & love her in the old games & everything

I am 100% down for this new Sindel, she seems fun & yeah I’ll miss the old one but I like that this one is less of a victim. Plus yo I’m down for those Frost & Erron Black interactions.

Owerbart

I miss you
sindel was never depicted as anything but corrupted in any mk. the "former good edenian queen" lore might be canon but never was shown in a game. i dont know where this guy is coming from, sindel is just as ever.
wasn't Sindel a force of good in MK Deception?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
This dude sucks but I do have mixed feelings about the retcon. I liked Deception Sindel a lot, and I was hoping we'd get something along those lines. The fact that Sindel killed herself to protect Earthrealm from Edenia's fate was pretty central to the character.

That said? I'm just happy she's back. There have been way worse retcons in this series, and I'm coming around to the idea of a Sindel with more agency even if it means she's a bad person.

My only REAL worry is that tying her so closely to Shao Kahn makes it potentially harder for her to return in future games -- the Deception version had her own thing going on, and could outlive his role in the story.

I think evil Sindel is more popular, and that's probably why they're going this route, and that makes sense. I'm just not sure how I feel about the muahahaha evil take yet.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This dude sucks but I do have mixed feelings about the retcon. I liked Deception Sindel a lot, and I was hoping we'd get something along those lines. The fact that Sindel killed herself to protect Earthrealm from Edenia's fate was pretty central to the character.

That said? I'm just happy she's back. There have been way worse retcons in this series, and I'm coming around to the idea of a Sindel with more agency even if it means she's a bad person.

My only REAL worry is that tying her so closely to Shao Kahn makes it potentially harder for her to return in future games -- the Deception version had her own thing going on, and could outlive his role in the story.

I think evil Sindel is more popular, and that's probably why they're going this route, and that makes sense. I'm just not sure how I feel about the muahahaha evil take yet.
I'm on the fence about Jade similarly. Her being subordinate to Kotal's story and literally just his precious little girlfriend instead of the independent badass whose job is to keep Kitana from pulling Disney Princess level dumbness is meh for me.

I also don't like that Sindel was left straight out of the story while the condiment boiz were allover the place. But what can you do.
I'm really happy she's back and hope she'll be a good character.

I take you guys have never even touched Mortal Kombat Deception or Armageddon right?

I don't know the videos author background or why so many despise him, all I can say is that I agree with this video.

MKD Sindel was a badass that didn't need Kitana to be plot relevant and ruling a freed Edenia. She was relevant in konquest as the ruler of Edenia, ending up knighting Shujinko. I also loved her partnership with Jade in her story.

She's also on the good guys side in the battle of Armageddon and there was never any doubt about which side she would fight for because everyone knew she was good.

As much as many despise (and rightfully) many of the 3D era filler characters, that era also had some awesome lore as you explored the world of Mortal Kombat.

ok deception, i played it but dont remember sindels role in it.