What's new

"How Mortal Kombat 11 is Ruining Sindel"

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I stopped listening to The 4th Snake ever since his Jax ending video because apparently a family picture with everyone wearing African culture clothing has "dark implications" apparently. He's part of the "Jax ending=white genocide" crowd. I used to love his videos, I subscribed after watching his Mileena Wasted Potential but lately his viewpoints have been garbage so I unsubbed.

I stopped listening to The 4th Snake ever since his Jax ending video because apparently a family picture with everyone wearing African culture clothing has "dark implications" apparently. He's part of the "Jax ending=white genocide" crowd. I used to love his videos, I subscribed after watching his Mileena Wasted Potential but lately his viewpoints have been garbage so I unsubbed.
ugh that makes him even worse. whats the deal with shitty youtubers and white "genocide". these fuckers really think something like a mixed couple or people engaging in different culture is eaqual to genocide? makes me sick.

sindel was never depicted as anything but corrupted in any mk. the "former good edenian queen" lore might be canon but never was shown in a game. i dont know where this guy is coming from, sindel is just as ever.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I have seen a lot of people asking for old sindel.

Old sindel is literally nothing but some Text in an MK3 ending and thats it. There's no character to her at all. "Oh I guess she was nice once"

MK9 Sindel is arrogant, cruel, and confident, and fucking STOLE THE SHOW in the MK9 cinematic story mode. So yeah, that Sindel is MUCH fucking better thank you very much and I am very happy MK11 dlc is keeping in line with that version, and retconing her nothing 2 paragraphs of text from mk3 arcade mode ending to be more in line with it.

If you don't like current Sindel you are a fake Sindel fan and betraying the character its quite simple really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trufenix

bye felicia
As someone who plays mk and makes Youtube videos, I have to wonder, what is the goal with a video like this. Venting some steam? Getting clicks from people who agree with you? Or does he actually think that a "well-written" complaint about a DLC characters plot is actually going to do something.

Like this is going to get forward to Dom and Shawn and they're gonna be like, oh fuck, I can't believe we messed that up! Update the website? Patch in a new dialogue for an unreleased character? Tell the art staff to get started on a new ending?

Like lets say anyone of substance agrees with him. Now what?

I like the shift in character, she's given more agency and you have a power couple between her and Shao Khan. I'm absolutely okay with them making her more witch and less brainwashed mommy-- the only thing that defined her was that she was Kitana's mom and she looked like the Bride of Frankenstein in MK3. Evil Sindel, is best Sindel, in my humble opinion.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I actually don’t mind his videos, while they do go overboard in a lot of ways, he sometimes makes valid points. For me, this Sindel retcon just feels so left field.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
ugh that makes him even worse. whats the deal with shitty youtubers and white "genocide". these fuckers really think something like a mixed couple or people engaging in different culture is eaqual to genocide? makes me sick.
I think a lot of these guys are just right-wing grifters. It's too easy to make money and get views from dumbasses and incels, who knows if he actually believes in that shit.

Lokheit

Noob
sindel was never depicted as anything but corrupted in any mk. the "former good edenian queen" lore might be canon but never was shown in a game. i dont know where this guy is coming from, sindel is just as ever.
I have seen a lot of people asking for old sindel.

Old sindel is literally nothing but some Text in an MK3 ending and thats it. There's no character to her at all. "Oh I guess she was nice once"

MK9 Sindel is arrogant, cruel, and confident, and fucking STOLE THE SHOW in the MK9 cinematic story mode. So yeah, that Sindel is MUCH fucking better thank you very much and I am very happy MK11 dlc is keeping in line with that version, and retconing her nothing 2 paragraphs of text from mk3 arcade mode ending to be more in line with it.

If you don't like current Sindel you are a fake Sindel fan and betraying the character its quite simple really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I take you guys have never even touched Mortal Kombat Deception or Armageddon right?

I don't know the videos author background or why so many despise him, all I can say is that I agree with this video.

MKD Sindel was a badass that didn't need Kitana to be plot relevant and ruling a freed Edenia. She was relevant in konquest as the ruler of Edenia, ending up knighting Shujinko. I also loved her partnership with Jade in her story.

She's also on the good guys side in the battle of Armageddon and there was never any doubt about which side she would fight for because everyone knew she was good.

As much as many despise (and rightfully) many of the 3D era filler characters, that era also had some awesome lore as you explored the world of Mortal Kombat.

Last edited: