What's new

Question How many times did you switch your main in MKX?

How many times did you switch your main in MKX?

• Mained 1 character

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • switched once

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • switched twice

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • three times

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • every patch basically

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • what's a main? i;m a character philanderer

Votes: 21 29.6%

• Total voters

gam224

The world's least hype player
How many times did you switch your main? Variations don't count and was it more or less than previous injustice games.
for example I would say POTH changed his main once
Sonic changed characters just about every patch
Forever king and REO would be the last choice

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
I never switched during Injustice, but I couldn't find a character to suit me in MKX so I switched like a billion times. I've stuck to Jacqui/Kano for the past 3 months.
seriously, I think there are more characters in the game that I've tried to mine than characters I haven't

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Once for MKX. From Mileena to Bo Rai Cho. Wish he had been available from launch though. Injustice 1 I used GA from beginning to end.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I gotta say, during the vanilla i played mostly Hellfire Scorpion and Ninjutsu, only when his double flame aura got nerfed and ninjutsu got buffed along with Hat Trick the second time, is where i started to play hellfire less because i felt he lost an essential part that connected me to that variation.

Ninjutsu on the other hand after the buff i felt way more comfort using it since the lack of damage was basically inexist after that patch where the scale of B2 got reduced.

In fact i don't think i ever switched mains, i just added little by little as i came to understand them or according to the needs of the meta.

Scorpion (Hellfire/Ninjutsu)
Kung lao (Hat Trick)
Tanya (Naginata/ Pyro)

That's pretty much it, if i tell you, i played predator or other character that are not these and felt comfortable with them i would be lying.

I tried Cassie, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Predator, Kenshi, Kung Jin, Reptile, Kano, Kotal, but didn't really shared a connection with the rest so i ended up dropping them.

Even Sonya who was easy to play.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Always considered Reptile my main even if I shift focus every now and again to keep things fresh. Focused on Bo and CSZ for a good while after KP2 dropped for example.

A lot of fun characters in the game, but Rep will always be bae.

Thingy

Retired account
I get bored sticking with one character. I always consider my "main" the first character that I spend the most time playing when the game first comes out. Whoever is my "first love" in a game, I usually continue to play even though I pick up new characters.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I originally planned on maining Reptile like MK9 but when the game released he just didn't sit well with me so I ended up mining Cage for quite a while.

I dabbled with Liu, Lao and Quan on the side and my focus ended up shifting towards Quan a few months into the game until I was at the point I'm at now, where I play him almost exclusively. With just a bit of Hat Trick on the side for swag purposes.

exisTenz

Noob
Mained Sub-Zero since I got the game and never switched. I played a bit of Triborg on the side but didn't feel confident enough with him, so I'm just sticking with Sub.

Fisticuffs and Stunt Double for the majority of the game. Dabbled with Cutthroat, all 3 Sub's, and "Cum" Jin. I think I would of had a lot more fun if I played more characters. Definitely going to play as many as my small brain will allow in I2!!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Characters I played enough to call them mains?
Kenshi, Tremor, Cryo Sub, Slasher Jason, and Killer Leatherface.
Idk if it counts as switching, though. I just played all of them.
I started the first week with Kitana. Didn't get far. I miss Cutter.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I played so many characters in MKXL, which was great for MUs, but I never really mastered one. That's why I'm looking forward to maining one character in I2. I want to convert off of everything and play Brainiac at the highest level I can.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Since 98% of the cast play the same style (rush down) it gets boring quick and I gotta learn new charseverytime just to keep it fresh and interesting!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I mained Tremor using whatever variation I thought was best for the MU until KP2 dropped where I slowly became a Drunken Master main

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Every other week and thus I am garbage :v.

Liked Johnny the most, but I picked him up too late sadly.

If I get Inj2 I will stick to 3 characters at most I think, going to see which ones.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I settled with Jax as my official main summer of 2015 after EGL Dallas 10k. Then this patch screwed him so...

Ive been play Tempest and CSZ the most this patch. Still a Jax main at heart but :(

omooba

fear the moobs
before the game came out i said i was gonna secondary liu kang and till this day i've always had dragon's fire as a pocket nerf after nerf after nerf they can't keep my boy down

WATCHD0G

Noob
I don't belive in mains anymore, the only character that I ever "mained" was Lobo, every other fighting game I changed a lot, it's not only better for you against other players, it's also a lot more fun to try different characters. keeps things fresh, that's just my opinion though.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I mained Mileena almost the whole time I played but I switched to Kitana when people started bandwaggoning Mileena (she will always be my main at heart anyway)