What's new

How many Kombat League sets do you avg per season?

How many sets avg per KL season?

• Total voters

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I've averaged about 100-130 sets per season, about 5 sets per KL day
Curious how much others play it considering so many complain about it lol.

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
I don't mind the rewards or the set backs when you lose. I just hate scummy players. I like kl because it gives importance to winning even if it's some bullshit that your winning for. And my competitive side goes nuts for the shit. Nothing is better than a raw 1 on 1 skill v skill. Unless the person's skill is jumping every other attack on a WiFi connection making it a MF to try and AA, or just raw zone spamming like it's so cowardly.. the system is a bit janky but in comparison to other games reward systems it's not that bad. I played blizzard games for the better part of 15 years, and hand over fist id rather have to fight tooth and nail to get my rewards that's matter than be showered with nonsensecle ones. You could spend hours and hours grinding and obtaining shit but only 1 out of every 50 or so items was actually worth a fuck.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
1 and only 1. I do it to collect my free skin/100k coins/gear and move on with life.
This is exactly what I do.

I played one set with Shao Kahn, picked True Kahn on accident game 1 and still won against some dude's Frost. He then chose Hunker Down Jax and it went to the last round, last hit. He proceeded to tea bag me after he won and that will be the end of my Kombat League this session.

portent

Noob
This is exactly what I do.

I played one set with Shao Kahn, picked True Kahn on accident game 1 and still won against some dude's Frost. He then chose Hunker Down Jax and it went to the last round, last hit. He proceeded to tea bag me after he won and that will be the end of my Kombat League this session.
I honestly couldn't care less about tbagging. It's whatever. I don't do it, but if you're just going to delay me getting to my next match by performing your rendition of "Dancing Queen" with tbagging, then I have no patience.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
200+. It's the only online mode I play. I only do 5 sets a day at the start, then break until towards the end of the league at which time I'll grind to Demi God.
is it good strategy ? enought time ? I need to get demi this season to get that cetrion skin . Never cared to play KL but this time I have to . Im at worrior atm and 100 points in for next range . Sooo any advice how to get to demi ?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
200+. It's the only online mode I play. I only do 5 sets a day at the start, then break until towards the end of the league at which time I'll grind to Demi God.
Thats essentially what I've done last 2 seasons, with exception of getting Demi. I think I can if i reach 200+ games but the goal eludes me lol.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
is it good strategy ? enought time ? I need to get demi this season to get that cetrion skin . Never cared to play KL but this time I have to . Im at worrior atm and 100 points in for next range . Sooo any advice how to get to demi ?
Don't put in a lot of games this early if you're looking for points. Right now, everyone is still climbing because it's week 1. I'd suggest just climbing to right before the rank where you start getting penalized for not playing then wait for the last ~10 days of the league and begin the grind. Most people will be in higher ranks (Master, Grandmaster, Demigod, etc.) so any wins you get against them will grant you a LOT of points so you'll jump quickly. When you get into that Grandmaster rank area, you'll have fewer instances of games against low ranked players where you can win 20 but lose 50-100 so it's not as torturous.

Spektor

Noob
I play 5 sets for 10 days each time to finish the Daily Challenges (50 sets). This will usually net me 3 skins, 2 brutalities and around 8 pieces of gear (if you include the dailies). Doing this I ended at Champion once, Master twice and Grandmaster once. I quit after that haha.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Don't put in a lot of games this early if you're looking for points. Right now, everyone is still climbing because it's week 1. I'd suggest just climbing to right before the rank where you start getting penalized for not playing then wait for the last ~10 days of the league and begin the grind. Most people will be in higher ranks (Master, Grandmaster, Demigod, etc.) so any wins you get against them will grant you a LOT of points so you'll jump quickly. When you get into that Grandmaster rank area, you'll have fewer instances of games against low ranked players where you can win 20 but lose 50-100 so it's not as torturous.
yeah that sounds like good idea but what if I run out of time ? that will suck lol but i guess its possible since one season i was bored and startet playing for fun few days before season ended and made it to master without much effort . Now it seems every match i have to give 100% and sometimes for 10 points fighting lower rank guy .

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
like 20 ish, I get too titled after that and I typically don't have enough time to play more anyways. I'd rather play with friends.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
One match normally. Except a couple seasons ago for the humanized Kitana skin, when I had to do the challenges, but not more after that

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
It should be fucking zero for some players like me, it is very stupid to fight against average wi-fi players in KL. For example i am trying to play MK11 in it's way... i mean, i consider the rules of the game like footsies, flawless blocks, working on fast crouch against high attacks, frame traps, trying to use my krushing blows as much as i can in right time. because they are the new mechanics, designed for this game especially, if you don't mind those rules, what is the point of playing MK11? Right? but in KL, i have to play with some weird players, who is acting like a game bot, always trying some primitive methods to beat me, like d2, j3, not even a fucking simple combo. it is totally rondom play... there is no reason to play KL. I mained Kabal, i am only interested in his new KL skin, it means 1 KL match for me.

Playing with my friends @ShepherdOfFire, @EarlyReflections and @Error404, amazing...

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Lol i like playing at the start cause i sometimes get matched up with high level players and can use all my stupid short hop shit without getting d2'd out of anything resembling decent play. Starting to fine tune my scrub tactics too (top tip) after every poke they mash d2 so do 2 pokes ... groundbreaking i know :DOGE

Seeing as Jax has been ignored on the reward side and I've had less and less fun grinding super sweaty FT2s, I have mostly ignored KL since the second season (I did one set last season cuz that Noob skin). Probably gonna completely dodge this one.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I have around 500 sets played every season10/9 win/loss ratio. But I've seen a guy with over 4k. Goddamn, son....