What's new

How many characters do you use?

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I haven't played MKXL in forever, nor did I play it as much as i wanted to in general, but I branched out pretty hard considering I usually just stick to one, maaaaaybe two characters in most games

Jacqui (mostly Full Auto, a bit of Shotgun)
Venomous D'vorah
Kobu Jutsu Tanya
Cryomancer Sub
HQT Predator
Noxious/Nimble Reptile
small amounts of Konjurer Alien and Assassin Kitana

messed around with Cassie a lot too (mostly Brawler) but never really started playing her remotely seriously

Meep8345

Noob
Mains:Kung Lao (tempest/Buzzsaw)
Johnny (stunt double)
Erron (All 3 varaitions)
Pocket:
Cassie (Hollywood)
Dvorah (Swarm Queen)
Casual:
Kitana (Royal storm)
Liu (Dragons fire)
Scorpion (Hellfire)
Takeda (Shira Ryu when I decide I want to cheese someone to death :DOGE)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I now still use Sub, but have spent more time with Mileena. Haven't had a lot of time to play, but my Mileena is slowly getting better. I also use Scorpion Ninjutsu and Kitana Assassin but they're admittedly pretty premature to use confidently right now.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I know a good amount of the roster, but I would use few in tournaments.

Mains: REPTILE [Noxious, Deceptive] | FERRA/TORR [Lackey] | Nimble in the future: I love Reptile

Pocket Mains: Shaolin, Spec Ops, Aftershock.

- A ton of casual mains

Which character is most similar to Reptile?

Last edited:
I know a good amount of the roster, but I would use few in tournaments.

Mains: REPTILE [Noxious, Deceptive] | FERRA/TORR [Lackey] | I'm currently looking for a third.

Pocket Mains: Summoner, Shaolin, Spec Ops Unbreakable, Grandmaster, Aftershock.

Which character is most similar to Reptile?
I think wg kk is like reptile just imo tho I'm no pro

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I play all females (not all variations, I don't really like Ethereal, Spec Ops, Brood mofo and High Tech) :16Bit Funny thing, most of them have spammable projectiles (except D'vorah)
I love zoning so I'm interested in Predator too

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I play all females (not all variations, I don't really like Ethereal, Spec Ops, Brood mofo and High Tech) :16Bit Funny thing, most of them have spammable projectiles (except D'vorah)
I love zoning so I'm interested in Predator too
You don't like Spec Ops? :( Those setups are badass and clean as fuck

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
You don't like Spec Ops? :( Those setups are badass and clean as fuck
I lab it and I found its weakness. The meterless setup has terrible weakness. I'll be more specific about this. I'm working now and my boss is staring at me

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I mean, I believe it's better than Brawler and right behind Hollywood at worst.
After the HW nerf it is arguably her best variation. SonicFox uses SO now too. After 123 is the corner it is very safe.
Midscreen after B124, If you read your opponent rush in, you can send the missile right in front of you for an easy combo starter

I main HQT Predator and he's my best character for sure. My secondaries are Alien (Tarkatan) and Kotal (War God) although I've been playing alien a lot lately unless I'm getting mopped.
Surprisingly, I think Alien is really fun. (Don't hate me) :confused:

I also mess around with EB (outlaw) KJ (bojutsu) and Cyrax.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I play Summoner, A-List and CSZ competitively. I find 3 variations is the sweet spot for me in this game as anymore would probably decline the quality of my play.

Each one of my characters plays completely differently too so if helps me to become a much more rounded player.

myri

Time Warrior
Tempest Lao, Sektor, Bo' Rai Cho, and most recently Shaolin Kung Jin. Lao because he's been my main for ages and I just like playing him and I like the character. Sektor because Triborg is badass and his tools suit me the best out of all the variations Triborg has. Bo' cause he's just a cool character and fun to play despite his bad matchups and Shaolin Kung Jin to cover those matchups I need him for, plus he's Kung Lao's cousin so he's cool by association, also pretty damn fun to play.

So to answer your question; four.

(I mean I can also play Scorpion and Cryomancer Sub-Zero but I don't really practice them)

Tweedy

Noob
I don't see it:
WG is slow, has much worse zoning, can't make the match a 2v1 like Reptile can, etc.
Kotal is one of the fastest characters in the game. 6 frame pokes, 9 frame mid, 11 frame mid that goes almost halfscreen, top 3 forward walkspeed, great backdash.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I mean, I believe it's better than Brawler and right behind Hollywood at worst.
After the HW nerf it is arguably her best variation. SonicFox uses SO now too. After 123 is the corner it is very safe.
Midscreen after B124, If you read your opponent rush in, you can send the missile right in front of you for an easy combo starter
Here's the thing: we all know that her midscreen power is the worst among 3 variations so let's assume she is now cornering someone
She must cancel missle from 112 or B212d2+4 or her setup can be avoided by delayed wake up. However both of them leads to soft knock down, 112 is actually the only viable string.
The biggest problem is that if she does 112 at low juggle height opponents can tech roll and wake up meterless to punish her.
For example, I lab with Kitana, do B12, db2, F2, 121, 112 missile. Kitana tech roll and wake up throat slice, Cassie can't block, Kitana jumps in the air so the missile whiffs after that. She must do B12, db2, run 121, 112 missile (25%) to keep herself safe. This weakness is matchup dependant because some characters have limited wake up options. Basically anyone whose wakeups move them out of the corner can make SO hesitate to do the meterless setup
The meterless missile setup is also easier to block that the ex missile because her OH F3 is 16, after 112 missile most of the time F3 lands after the low missile hits
It's undeniable that the ex missle setup is very dirty. Sometimes it feels like certain death if SO hits you with this

I main Sonya (Demolition and Covert Ops) and I play Mileena (Piercing and Etheral) as a pocket character.

I also want to learn Tanya Dragon Naginata.