What's new

How many characters do you use?

Hi peeps, just wondering how many characters do you guys use in mkxl? As in not like once in a while to try out but how many characters have you guys invested time into? Like do you have more than one main? Or a main and how many other characters are you good with? Also how much time do you guys generally play/practice a day or week?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Grandmaster Sub is who I'm good with. But I use Piercing Mileena and the CSZ and Sektor Triborgs. Iv kinda lost motivation with CSZ, but I'm interested in getting Sektor and Mileena to a somewhat high level. I'm just not good enough yet to pick of 50 billion characters for counter picking yet so it's been a slow grind. The only reason I'm semi okay with Sub-Zero is Iv been playing him for literally a year. So I guess just one main for now, but I'm trying to change that.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Scorpion (the only 2 variations that matter) Dvorah (swarm queen) Predator (Hunter, HQT) Shinnok (Impostor, Boneshaper) Quan Chi (Summoner), Triborg (Sektor). Learning Takeda and going to learn Alien.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I know how to use a good portion of the cast. Ninjutsu, Sun God, Flame Fist, Pumped Up, Unstoppable, Necromancer, Warlock, Stunt Double and Metallic.

I actively use Thunder God, Cyber Sub-Zero, all variations of Goro, Unbreakable, Possessed and Kenjutsu. The pro of knowing so many characters is that you can learn matchups quite well. The con is that I've never really gotten good with a specific variation, though my TG is getting there.

Hi peeps, just wondering how many characters do you guys use in mkxl? As in not like once in a while to try out but how many characters have you guys invested time into? Like do you have more than one main? Or a main and how many other characters are you good with? Also how much time do you guys generally play/practice a day or week?
I use two characters: Mileena is my main and has been since day one, and Kitana is my secondary, though I find myself playing her more and more lately.

In terms of Variations, I use Piercing and Ravenous with a little Ethereal, and I'm traditionally Assassin with Kitana, though I also use Mournful in certain match-ups and on occasion, Royal Storm.

I don't have a current generation console, so I'm still playing Mortal Kombat X on PC (So no XL content or any 2016 balance patches).

Life's always pretty busy these days, so I may only get to play two or three hours a week, give or take.

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
I mainly use cryomancer sub and little gm sub. Then ravenous and ethereal mileena, and sun God kotal. Though it seems so often that tournaments are ps4 only which may make me drop dreams of being a kompetitive mkx player and drop the game entirely

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Since this is my first fighter I am still trying to find a play style that I like. Throughout my time with MKX I've played about 11 characters and think they're all really cool with their backstories and different tool sets. Recently started maining A-List Cage because I love the suffocating pressure and cocky attitude. I've been messing around with him for months (back when TYM called him fair lol) but just recently stuck with him.

WeaponQ

Milksteak, Magnets, and Ghouls
Smoke, Sektor, Crystalline Tremor, Hollywood & Brawler Cassie, SR Takeda, GM & Cryo Sub, Dragon Fire Liu Kang, and all 3 Erron Black.

If I actually want to win then I'll use either DF Liu Kang, SR Takeda, or Gunslinger Erron.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I use only Kano. All variations.

Been labbing HARD Tremor, Goro, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Jason & Leatherface. All variations. For my team of counterpicks and trolls.

I call them my Malevolent 7.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
As mains Royal Storm and Pyromancer

I can play Piercing and Thunder God

Looking for a new one out of Spec Ops, Vicious, Bojitsu, Master of Souls and Flame Fist. I have been messing around with them and all seem fun.

If you have a tip on which of these would compliment RS / Pyro, I'd love to hear it (I don't care about tiers)