What's new

How is the Skarlet vs Jade Matchup?

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
I'm just wondering how this matchup plays, because I'd normally think Skarlet or Cetrion is the best zoner in the game, but Jade's projectile immunity allows her to bypass a lot, but I was wondering just how much exactly Jade can bypass, and if that wins her this matchup.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I'm just wondering how this matchup plays, because I'd normally think Skarlet or Cetrion is the best zoner in the game, but Jade's projectile immunity allows her to bypass a lot, but I was wondering just how much exactly Jade can bypass, and if that wins her this matchup.
You can easily react to glow with tongue, jade shouldn’t give you too much trouble imo unless she’s turtling a lot

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's even. Skarlet is a better character overall and she has a zoning tool that Glow doesn't work on, but Jade is still a threat to zoners and her tools are pretty solid against Skarlet.

If they use the air projectile a lot. I found you can teleport right next to them and have plenty of time to punish while they are still in the air or as they land

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
If they use the air projectile a lot. I found you can teleport right next to them and have plenty of time to punish while they are still in the air or as they land
Yeah but a good Jade will also start faking out the air glaives since you pretty much have to perform the teleport as they are jumping

Espio

Kokomo
5-5 and unbearably boring match up, thank goodnees Jade can jump to avoid tongue cause it messing up glow is messy. Skarlet players should be spamming health Regen every chance they get because Jade can't keep up punch for punch if she utilizes this properly.

E

Eldriken

5-5 and unbearably boring match up, thank goodnees Jade can jump to avoid tongue cause it messing up glow is messy. Skarlet players should be spamming health Regen every chance they get because Jade can't keep up punch for punch if she utilizes this properly.
Despite the results of our matches when I used Skarlet against you, I agree that it's 5-5. But it's just like you said: it's unbearably boring.

Also, you play a super lame Jade. As I said before, this isn't an insult. It's just the style you are very good at utilizing. I fucking hate playing against your Jade, regardless of who I use.

You wait and react. Wait, wait, wait and wait some more. It's making me feel frustrated just thinking about it. But it's still an even matchup. There are plenty of options for both characters.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Agreed, I find life steel from parry and blood shot to be the equalizers in this boring as fuck match up lol,