What's new

How I Beat All 30 Gauntlet Towers

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I gotta say @Amneoss technique of using the reiko stars, beam and kunai is making these towers a real breeze I love it. Sure some of them are a little bit more challenging and require different items (Like the stage with the armored johnny) but overall, super fun

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Stage 7 is broken....and I have to say easy mode my ass, they block and attack. This shit makes injustice challenges seem easy. Lol I got it with cassie but good lord not looking forward to 30 lol

Last edited:
Stage 7 is broken....and I have to say easy mode my ass, they block and attack. This shit makes injustice challenges seem easy. Lol I got it with cassie but good lord not looking forward to 30 lol
30 was aggravating took me a few tries. I had to use the tower consumable that cancelled the ice walls and try to block the missles. The worst for me was scarlet when she healed like crazy. I just sat back and healed till time was almost up then hit her with fatal blow. You have to play so cheesy lol

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Im at stage 29 and so far, I find some are more challenging and you have to adjust some of your items instead of the usual Kunai+Reiko Stars+Hsu Hao Beam. But other than that, I find them pretty easy.

Like sometimes you have to cancel weather condition (especially when facing sub and it's hailing causing you to freeze every 2 sec) or switch one of your item for one that destroys the opponent's shield.

The one where starlett was getting her health back and the timer was running out, you just switched one of your items with a 25% health boost and you just keep yourself at 100% while having the tower consumable that gives you a fatal blow since the beginning of the match. You keep her at bay and FB her at the end.

all this to say, I really am liking the gauntlet. Im also excited to finish and get the Fire-God Liu Kang skin :D

MKF30

30 was aggravating took me a few tries. I had to use the tower consumable that cancelled the ice walls and try to block the missles. The worst for me was scarlet when she healed like crazy. I just sat back and healed till time was almost up then hit her with fatal blow. You have to play so cheesy lol
Yeah lol I've noticed about the cheesy part haha but hey with the Gauntlet, fuck cheesy!! it's your friend. haha

Im at stage 29 and so far, I find some are more challenging and you have to adjust some of your items instead of the usual Kunai+Reiko Stars+Hsu Hao Beam. But other than that, I find them pretty easy.

Like sometimes you have to cancel weather condition (especially when facing sub and it's hailing causing you to freeze every 2 sec) or switch one of your item for one that destroys the opponent's shield.

The one where starlett was getting her health back and the timer was running out, you just switched one of your items with a 25% health boost and you just keep yourself at 100% while having the tower consumable that gives you a fatal blow since the beginning of the match. You keep her at bay and FB her at the end.

all this to say, I really am liking the gauntlet. Im also excited to finish and get the Fire-God Liu Kang skin :D
Same here. lol. I also have 15 heads now on the krypt! Just 10 more to go, I'm getting a lot of them every day now because I've been doing so many towers lol. I just need one more door to open in Shang Tsung's Throne room!

Yeah I'm up to stage 10, most of them aren't too insane but I'm sure they'll get harder though everyone says stage 7 and 30 stand out, but I'm sure a lot of them are annoying. I just want the skins and coins. lol so for the weather ones you recommend weather ones? I think some of them actually hurt both you and the AI right? The ones with skarlett say where they get health back, we can use the health regens too right? Those have to help, I've used them on regular towers before.

Parasurama

Dragon
Tower 30 gives
Blue Eyed Kronika variant for Kung Lao
Fire God Liu Kang
Some Geras skin (not very good looking skin)

But nearly all the towers give skins or augments that only drop in Gauntlet Tower.
Examples
Rat Bastard for Kano. All black variant.
Blue Eyed Kronika variants for Kitana and Jade.
Neon green Kotal Khan.
And that is only a handful. Not too mention some really op augments.
Any skin for Scorpion?

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Entitled = wanting to play with a stick that's fully supported by the game, aside from one mode? Ok. I see you registered about a week ago. I'm sure you'll be another new favorite member of the board. Go back to GameFaqs.
You mean I’m not the new guy anymore?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yeah I'm up to stage 10, most of them aren't too insane but I'm sure they'll get harder though everyone says stage 7 and 30 stand out, but I'm sure a lot of them are annoying. I just want the skins and coins. lol so for the weather ones you recommend weather ones? I think some of them actually hurt both you and the AI right? The ones with skarlett say where they get health back, we can use the health regens too right? Those have to help, I've used them on regular towers before.
Honestly, I only used the weather konsumable once. At one of the stages (I think 25), where you have 4 total towers: Tower A with 4 sub-zeros, Tower B with 1 sub-zero Tower C with 4 raidens, and Tower D with 1 raiden.
Basically, the last sub-zero of Tower A and the Sub-zero at Tower B have this hail that freezes you and damages you even if you block. The weather suppression konsumable makes it super easy

Yea you can use health regens but honestly, most of the time you dont need them if you have the Kunai+Reiko stars+Red Dragon Beam. You can just crouch block and cycle through these things and win. I went in for combos as well just to not make it boring.

MKF30

Honestly, I only used the weather konsumable once. At one of the stages (I think 25), where you have 4 total towers: Tower A with 4 sub-zeros, Tower B with 1 sub-zero Tower C with 4 raidens, and Tower D with 1 raiden.
Basically, the last sub-zero of Tower A and the Sub-zero at Tower B have this hail that freezes you and damages you even if you block. The weather suppression konsumable makes it super easy

Yea you can use health regens but honestly, most of the time you dont need them if you have the Kunai+Reiko stars+Red Dragon Beam. You can just crouch block and cycle through these things and win. I went in for combos as well just to not make it boring.
Thanks for the tip, will have to remember that once I reach 25. Weather suppression. Sometimes they recommend ones but they're not always the best I've noticed lol. I have to see if I can forge the Reiko stars and Kunai, I had 20 Kunai but used them on stage 7 before realizing the Cassie trick.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Thanks for the tip, will have to remember that once I reach 25. Weather suppression. Sometimes they recommend ones but they're not always the best I've noticed lol. I have to see if I can forge the Reiko stars and Kunai, I had 20 Kunai but used them on stage 7 before realizing the Cassie trick.
I finished the Gauntlet so I'll also add this since it might be helpful to everybody doing it

Stage 29 Cetrion, you need Weather condition removal or else, theres a fire tornado moving across the screen, hail that freezes and damages you, wind that pushes you away from her and earthquakes lol That shit was nuts..

Stage 30, you fight Geras who has a totem that creates a wall of ice that freezes you, a totem that pushes you away and towards that wall, fire hands that burn you and rockets that slow you down. I found using a tower konsumable that removes totems (the ice wall & the push) to be the best. Then, whenever a rocket was about to hit me, I did a flying kick to get out of the way (it still does a lot of dmg if you get hit by it) or you can teleport if your character has that ability

MKF30

I finished the Gauntlet so I'll also add this since it might be helpful to everybody doing it

Stage 29 Cetrion, you need Weather condition removal or else, theres a fire tornado moving across the screen, hail that freezes and damages you, wind that pushes you away from her and earthquakes lol That shit was nuts..

Stage 30, you fight Geras who has a totem that creates a wall of ice that freezes you, a totem that pushes you away and towards that wall, fire hands that burn you and rockets that slow you down. I found using a tower konsumable that removes totems (the ice wall & the push) to be the best. Then, whenever a rocket was about to hit me, I did a flying kick to get out of the way (it still does a lot of dmg if you get hit by it) or you can teleport if your character has that ability
Thanks! I'm up to stage 13 or 14 now I forget, the one where they make you do Fatal Blows to everyone which is beyond annoying because the insane damage the AI does to you, you can't just beat them but let them hit you and hope they don't do a FB. The first match though I barely lost and the AI did a mercy to me so I was able to come back because of that lol but they only did it to me once. That one with the meteors hitting you and having to do FB is so annoying, cause you have to dodge the meteors which on hit jail you into the AI doing FB's on you beyond annoying but I beat that tower, I have like 5 left on the Fatal Blow must be done stage. I think the stage before that one, there was a Sub Zero blizzard fight I disabled weather conditions which helped bigtime so I'm sure that Cetrion one will help as well. Wow the geras one sounds insane. So you used a konsumable that removes totems, hmm I have to see what that's called, never used that one yet. I'm sure the health regen has to help too no doubt lol

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Thanks! I'm up to stage 13 or 14 now I forget, the one where they make you do Fatal Blows to everyone which is beyond annoying because the insane damage the AI does to you, you can't just beat them but let them hit you and hope they don't do a FB. The first match though I barely lost and the AI did a mercy to me so I was able to come back because of that lol but they only did it to me once. That one with the meteors hitting you and having to do FB is so annoying, cause you have to dodge the meteors which on hit jail you into the AI doing FB's on you beyond annoying but I beat that tower, I have like 5 left on the Fatal Blow must be done stage. I think the stage before that one, there was a Sub Zero blizzard fight I disabled weather conditions which helped bigtime so I'm sure that Cetrion one will help as well. Wow the geras one sounds insane. So you used a konsumable that removes totems, hmm I have to see what that's called, never used that one yet. I'm sure the health regen has to help too no doubt lol
So for the fatal blow one, use a tower konsumable that gives you an FB from the beginning of the match. Use the Kunai+Reiko stars+Beam combo to zone them out and then go in for a FB. :)

MKF30

So for the fatal blow one, use a tower konsumable that gives you an FB from the beginning of the match. Use the Kunai+Reiko stars+Beam combo to zone them out and then go in for a FB. :)
I was going to do that, however I noticed last night I only have 4 lol so I passed on using them because I have a feeling I may have to use them later on especially from what you're saying about later stages lol. The second suggestion I haven't tried though, I was just doing it the hard way lol. Thanks for the tip!

I've tried it with 3 or 4 of Sub-Zeros brutalities. Neither one works. His Uppercut brutality for example with D2 works in Survivor just fine, but it doesn't on that stage of that mode I'm stuck at right now.

Sub-Zeros Slide KB doesn't count for the character tower requirements in TOT, while other KBs do. I saw someone else state that for them it counted. That player was on the PC, while I'm at the PS4. Now I wonder if the platforms play a role in the bug war. On which platform are you?

Edit: Also, isn't it crazy how many bugs there are in MK11? It feels like they rushed the game like crazy. Or simply put in all of their money and resources into the games graphics and animations.

Edit 2: Your tip to try it with Cassie and her forward throw did the trick. That brutality works just fine and I'm using it right now. Thanks for that! Also, did you find another good consumable to spam damage? I have +200 of the other two, but only 50 Reiko shurikens.
I know this is probably widely known at this point... I’m kinda late to the game but I was having brutality trouble too and it was because I wasn’t holding the button down. Just tapping it will not work.

MKF30

Thought I posted in here, but guess not. Gauntlet is done, finished it a few weeks ago. Honestly, 30 wasn't quite as annoying as 29 was or 7 IMO though it was still annoying. I think anyone who completes the Gauntlet should get like literally 20 Elder, Rare Costumes. I'm proud to be in a smaller % of people who actually completed this shit lol.

I don't see how people are beating stage 30. I have used every konsumable combo I've read from the people who've beat it, and nothing seems to work. I'm getting stuck on the ice side freezing, unfreezing, freezing, never get a chance... then you got to love how you jump, and he still pulls you into the ground.

drewrman

There is no knowledge that is not power.
I don't see how people are beating stage 30. I have used every konsumable combo I've read from the people who've beat it, and nothing seems to work. I'm getting stuck on the ice side freezing, unfreezing, freezing, never get a chance... then you got to love how you jump, and he still pulls you into the ground.
i used the strategy shown in this video. it worked like a charm.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
You will need 3 konsumables for this method.
This method works on every stage except one.

Required konsumables.
+Red Dragon Beam Emitter
+Reiko's Throwing Stars
+Takeda's Kunai

Thankfully all three of these are craftable at the forge. You will need a few hundred of them but if you've been playing the Krypt and Towers of Time you will have plenty of mats.

Red Dragon Beam Emitter X10
Carbon Film Resistor + Circuitry Bundle

Reiko's Throwing Stars X10
Bottled Thunder + Outworld Steel

Takeda's Kunai X10
Handful of Flux + Synthetic Fiber

Ok, here is the strat.
Simply hold block and keep spamming these.
That's it. It's that easy.

Now there are a couple stages where this strat works but you need to do a little more.

Stage 7
This stage has it's own strat.
Use distilled magma plus fire fists plus shinnok's amulet and simply use Erron Black and spam his 1,1,1 combo.

Stage 14
Just use my strat but stop spamming when they drop low enough for your Fatal Blow to kill them. Just keep holding block and let them chip you until you can Fatal Blow.
Awesome thank you for the advice! I have been going crazy during some towers :D

Been working on it for almost 3 hours with the above konsumables. Still get nowhere near beating him. I ended up putting the konsumables on the AI and let Noob got to work and went back to bed. 3-4 hours later, he still trying his best too. LOL