What's new

How I Beat All 30 Gauntlet Towers

E

Eldriken

It's very much appreciated. For the first time, I actually feel like I can beat the Gauntlet and obtain the coveted Fire God Liu Kang skin
I'm on stage 14 and I haven't started it yet because I'm not looking forward to doing 18 Fatal Blows.

You have to win with one against every enemy in each Tower, right?

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I'm on stage 14 and I haven't started it yet because I'm not looking forward to doing 18 Fatal Blows.

You have to win with one against every enemy in each Tower, right?
Yes, EVERY enemy. Its a chore.
With my strat you can do it but it takes a while unless you use an Orb of the Dragon King so you don't have to sit and let them chip you down.

But I save my Orbs for character towers so I don't have as long of a grind for the 25 fatal blow reqs on the towers.

E

Eldriken

Yes, EVERY enemy. Its a chore.
With my strat you can do it but it takes a while unless you use an Orb of the Dragon King so you don't have to sit and let them chip you down.

But I save my Orbs for character towers so I don't have as long of a grind for the 25 fatal blow reqs on the towers.
I've got 7 of the Orbs and there's 8 Towers. I can probably just do one regularly and use that for the other 7. But having to sit through this...yikes.

I'd pay $20 to be able to skip Fatality and Fatal Blow animations in single player. For real. >.>

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
@Eldriken
I've got 7 of the Orbs and there's 8 Towers. I can probably just do one regularly and use that for the other 7. But having to sit through this...yikes.

I'd pay $20 to be able to skip Fatality and Fatal Blow animations in single player. For real. >.>
Thankfully after 14 its a breeze until 29 and 30.
The only small hurdle before 29 and 30 is a tower (can't remember the number) that wants you to do five Krushing Blows. But thankfully unlike tower 14 with Fatal Blows it only counts the number and not for each opponent. So if you hit 3 in fight one you only need 2 more for the whole tower.

29 is only tough if like me you had no cleansing stones.

Heads up
28 is easier with Lightstone (it's a marathon of Kotal Khans with various totems)

29 is easier with a Cleansing Stone (Cetrion has EVERY weather modifier active including blood rain and fire storm which melt your health)

30 is easier with Lightstone (Geras has a totem in the center the stage that keeps you frozen if you are near it, Ice Walls close in as the match goes on pushing you into the totem. The walls also freeze you)

Ideally you want 3x Lightstone (2 for the 2 stages in 28, 1 for stage 30) and 1 cleansing stone (for the second tower on 29)

So save them. I had to do 29 without a Cleansing Stone. It was hard.

Last edited:

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Tower 30 gives
Blue Eyed Kronika variant for Kung Lao
Fire God Liu Kang
Some Geras skin (not very good looking skin)

But nearly all the towers give skins or augments that only drop in Gauntlet Tower.
Examples
Rat Bastard for Kano. All black variant.
Blue Eyed Kronika variants for Kitana and Jade.
Neon green Kotal Khan.
And that is only a handful. Not too mention some really op augments.
augments you say....time to sit through gauntlet 14 lol. gonna use a mix of the dragon orbs and the 25 increased fatal damage i guess.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
augments you say....time to sit through gauntlet 14 lol
Yes, I don't remember every augment but I remember Kotal's as he is my main.
He gets one for ai battle that gives him 9% dmg for every outworld member on your team thats 27% more dmg for a single augment in ai battle.
Usually the final tower in a stage gives very powerful augments or rare skins with loads of gold.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I don't know what i was waiting for. i guess i forgot the dragon eyes are whole tower konsumables. i remember getting 9 a few days ago lol. I have a few of those 9% augments but none that fit my team yet. Usually only one character ai is good from the set lmfao.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
@EldrikeBut

Thankfully after 14 its a breeze until 29 and 30.
The only small hurdle before 29 and 30 is a tower (can't remember the number) that wants you to do five Krushing Blows. But thankfully unlike tower 14 with Fatal Blows it only counts the number and not for each opponent. So if you hit 3 in fight one you only need 2 more for the whole tower.

29 is only tough if like me you had no cleansing stones.

Heads up
28 is easier with Lightstone (it's a marathon of Kotal Khans with various totems)

29 is easier with a Cleansing Stone (Cetrion has EVERY weather modifier active including blood rain and fire storm which melt your health)

30 is easier with Lightstone (Geras has a totem in the center the stage that keeps you frozen if you are near it, Ice Walls close in as the match goes on pushing you into the totem. The walls also freeze you)

Ideally you want 3x Lightstone (2 for the 2 stages in 28, 1 for stage 30) and 1 cleansing stone (for the second tower on 29)

So save them. I had to do 29 without a Cleansing Stone. It was hard.
This is good to know. I have 15 Cleansing Stones, but only 4 Light Stones, so I'll be sure to save them.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Stage 18, the Krushing Blow stage, wasn't too bad. Took a little extra effort, but was able to complete in a reasonable time thanks to the tips given here.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Stage 18, the Krushing Blow stage, wasn't too bad. Took a little extra effort, but was able to complete in a reasonable time thanks to the tips given here.
Clear sailing for you then especially if you have stones for 28, 29, and 30.

I'll warn you that how you beat 21 is to wait out the clock. Johnny has less health than you but is invulnerable. Don't let your health drop below his and you'll win. Use healing items if needed.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Clear sailing for you then especially if you have stones for 28, 29, and 30.

I'll warn you that how you beat 21 is to wait out the clock. Johnny has less health than you but is invulnerable. Don't let your health drop below his and you'll win. Use healing items if needed.
I beat him using Darrius's Wristband (shatters Armor) the orb that makes you invulnerable to damage, and the 60% health regeneration orb.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Which character did you use? I just used Sub-Zero and his KBs don't seem to count (or at least the Slide KB doesn't count - which wasn't the first time for me). Bugs. Bugs everywhere.

Which character did you use? I just used Sub-Zero and his KBs don't seem to count (or at least the Slide KB doesn't count - which wasn't the first time for me). Bugs. Bugs everywhere.
I did it with Scorpion. Very easy with him. F34 KB & BF1 KB were easy as hell to pull off.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Cassie Cage. She's my main, so she's the easiest to pull off Krushing Blows with for me.