What's new

How I Beat All 30 Gauntlet Towers

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
You will need 3 konsumables for this method.
This method works on every stage except one.

Required konsumables.
+Red Dragon Beam Emitter
+Reiko's Throwing Stars
+Takeda's Kunai

Thankfully all three of these are craftable at the forge. You will need a few hundred of them but if you've been playing the Krypt and Towers of Time you will have plenty of mats.

Red Dragon Beam Emitter X10
Carbon Film Resistor + Circuitry Bundle

Reiko's Throwing Stars X10
Bottled Thunder + Outworld Steel

Takeda's Kunai X10
Handful of Flux + Synthetic Fiber

Ok, here is the strat.
Simply hold block and keep spamming these.
That's it. It's that easy.

Now there are a couple stages where this strat works but you need to do a little more.

Stage 7
This stage has it's own strat.
Use distilled magma plus fire fists plus shinnok's amulet and simply use Erron Black and spam his 1,1,1 combo.

Stage 14
Just use my strat but stop spamming when they drop low enough for your Fatal Blow to kill them. Just keep holding block and let them chip you until you can Fatal Blow.

Last edited:

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Ahh....Konsumables. You mean the things that stick players can't use? I think I've heard of those.
That sucks.
Some of the gauntlet towers can't be done without them.

I'd recommend using a controller or M+KB just for the towers. Sorry man.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Is there any site that details the rewards you get from the gauntlet? I seriously dont wanna waste my time for garbage.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
what do you get after beating the towers?
Tower 30 gives
Blue Eyed Kronika variant for Kung Lao
Fire God Liu Kang
Some Geras skin (not very good looking skin)

But nearly all the towers give skins or augments that only drop in Gauntlet Tower.
Examples
Rat Bastard for Kano. All black variant.
Blue Eyed Kronika variants for Kitana and Jade.
Neon green Kotal Khan.
And that is only a handful. Not too mention some really op augments.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Is there any site that details the rewards you get from the gauntlet? I seriously dont wanna waste my time for garbage.
Not yet but here are a few. There are tons. And the most powerful augments come from GT30.

Fire God Liu Kang
Kronika variants of Kung Lao, Jade, and Kitana (all white with glowing blue eyes)
Rat Bastard Kano (all black)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Nope. I have a MadCatz TE2. This has been an issue for me since Assists and what not became a thing a few games ago. I know I could just play on pad, but I'm absolutely useless on them. I've been playing fighters on stick since I was a kid and it's just so difficult for me to switch.
Man, that sucks. I guess have your AI do it and give them those consumables.

REYTHEGREAT

Tower 30 gives
Blue Eyed Kronika variant for Kung Lao
Fire God Liu Kang
Some Geras skin (not very good looking skin)

But nearly all the towers give skins or augments that only drop in Gauntlet Tower.
Examples
Rat Bastard for Kano. All black variant.
Blue Eyed Kronika variants for Kitana and Jade.
Neon green Kotal Khan.
And that is only a handful. Not too mention some really op augments.
Cool thanks

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Man, that sucks. I guess have your AI do it and give them those consumables.
Some towers have reqs that the ai can't meet.
+Win every fight with a Fatal Blow
+Hit 5 Krushing Blows

Also the ai will not block on rocket stages, will not stand in health pool on blood stages, will not dodge SF laser, will not avoid lazer grids.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Nope. I have a MadCatz TE2. This has been an issue for me since Assists and what not became a thing a few games ago. I know I could just play on pad, but I'm absolutely useless on them. I've been playing fighters on stick since I was a kid and it's just so difficult for me to switch.
I also use a stick. But I broke down and used a controller to do this. You don't need skill for this strat. Literally it's just hold block and spam the konsumables.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I also use a stick. But I broke down and used a controller to do this. You don't need skill for this strat. Literally it's just hold block and spam the konsumables.
I'll give it a try.

It's really nice that I not only have to play the Towers that I hate to unlock content, but I also need to play them with a pad, which I also hate.

Fun stuff, NRS. :)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Do you not own a controller? Towers are for unlocking stuff...not practice mode...This is how all MKs have been...nothing new here
No shit. I already said I could play on pad but I hate playing on it. NRS could just implement a secondary method of triggering konsumables to stick players can play the way they're familiar with, but they seem to have never considered this.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
No shit. I already said I could play on pad but I hate playing on it. NRS could just implement a secondary method of triggering konsumables to stick players can play the way they're familiar with, but they seem to have never considered this.
Womp womp cry me a river, glad NRS aint wasting time helping an entitled whiner :)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
What could they possibly do though? Every single button gets used. Consumables take 3 slots, so that’s 3 more unique buttons/combinations. Using the right stick for the different directions is really the only thing left...