What's new

How good were Cyrax and Sektor in Armageddon?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

As you can see, this is a super old video of Mustard and I playing Armageddon together. We weren't remotely competitive with fighting games and only played the 3D MK games casually.

I thought we were sick at those games, evidently, we sucked.

How good were Sektor and Cyrax in the 3D games? What were their best tools? were their special moves any good? How were their weapon stances etc?

Anyone with good knowledge on the 3D games, help me out! I've always been really curious, but never found any info on it anywhere.

Cheers!

Wait didn't Cyrax have that safe launcher in his Pusle Blade? And his down + 3 in his first style was okay I guess?

Cyrax best tools are in his weapon ... i think it was his b3 or b4 that was really good because it has a very long range hit mid and is safe on block and fast ... his special moves sux bombs are useless in this game

Sektor needed to use both stance ... weapon b1 or b2 ( i am not sure) was a short range attack that recovers really really fast .... his teleport was not very useful his best special i think i was the flames but they were not that good

How good they were ? If i can only choose from top mid and low tier i will say they are low but if i can choose from more than 3 tier i will say they are one tier higher than the worst tier... and i will say cyrax was the best one

PND_Ketchup

Cheers for the input guys! Had a urge to try and get an old copy of that game and just have a bash.

PND_Ketchup

I'm interested to see who you and he play should cyrax and sektor not make it into MKX.
To be honest, if he doesn't make the cut, I'll just go with who I like the most. or who fits my style of play.

I have a teeny little hunch Sektor may return as some kind of boss. Sektor created the Tekunin after Sub-Zero dethroned him in the Lin Kuei. It'd be insane if they brought Sektor/The Tekunin back, but Sektor's some kind of messed up cyborg through 25 years of Cybernetic enhancements.

One can only dream!

(his ending was pretty similar in Armageddon, considering he fuses with Smoke and Cyrax to create a new god.)