What's new

Question How good was Sindel really?

She was good!
You had to work with her in most matchups, as she didn't win very many. She had a lot of even Mu's and 4-6's. I think Kung Lao and Mileena were 3-7 and easily her worst.

I wish I would have mained her from Day 1, and not Kitana.
She's very fun to use and I had no problem using her in majors. Even though I lost, I still felt she was tournament viable, if not I wouldn't have used her.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
She was good!
You had to work with her in most matchups, as she didn't win very many. She had a lot of even Mu's and 4-6's. I think Kung Lao and Mileena were 3-7 and easily her worst.

I wish I would have mained her from Day 1, and not Kitana.
She's very fun to use and I had no problem using her in majors. Even though I lost, I still felt she was tournament viable, if not I wouldn't have used her.
Fair assessment. I can definitely see Mileena being a major problem for Sindel. Can she even punish EX telekicks cancelled into Sais consistently? The hitbox on Sindel's D1 seems... borderline non-exsistent lol.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Her hair grab was an amazing anti wake up weapon.

What was the point of her EX Hair grab. The move did like 1-2% extra damage.
The only advantage of her Hair Whip and EX Hair whip is the unbreakable damage. The other purpose is the opponent can't tech roll afterwards.

The move is safe when blocked but if only it had safe push back on block along with it being hit mid, it would be a better use as footsie tool for her.

her zoning is good, not the best but still gets job done.
but she needed armor on her cartwheel.
she lacks damage in mid screen combos.
corner pressure and combos were great.
hair whip was a good tool if you read someone to try to wu tele.
and her b2,4 fireball was unblockable. :DOGE

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
A lot of her 'mix ups' just require blocking low due to her only REAL overhead being Step Up Kick.
Her mix-ups are also a death sentence against certain characters if blocked correctly, Fireball, Step Up, Hair Whip are -7 and characters such as Kung Lao and Reptile can punish it with 6 frame Spin, Elbow Dash while others like Johnny Cage can immediately pressure her afterwards. It doesn't help either that her hitbox is large and her D1 is very short.

I think if NRS was able to give her armor on EX Step Up like they originally planned, it would of helped her out a lot. She would still have problems but at least her opponent would have to respect the threat of her armored EX Step Up either when pressuring her or on wake up. Also if U4 was frames faster would help her as an anti cross up defense.

Fair assessment. I can definitely see Mileena being a major problem for Sindel. Can she even punish EX telekicks cancelled into Sais consistently? The hitbox on Sindel's D1 seems... borderline non-exsistent lol.
It was a disaster online, but yea she could d1 hair grab, cartwheel , or ex yell

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Sindel is a weird ass character because she went from being downplayed to majorly overrated. And it depends on who you were to classify as top five.

Kabal, Sonya, Mileena, Kitana and Kung Lao (possibly others) clean her clock something fierce.

She can fight Freddy reasonably well. I think offline Kenshi probably beats her slightly.

She went 5-5 with Sub-Zero, Stryker, Noob, Jade and quite a few low tiers.

Beat Kano, Sheeva and some others possibly.

Lost to Cage, Ermac, Reptile.

I would say top 15 is a huge stretch, bottom 10 is more appropriate in my honest opinion.
I agree with most of that but I do think Sindel had a lot more troubled match ups, ones come to mind

Kung Lao is her absolute worst

Other horrendous ones Kabal, Cyrax, Smoke, Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Cage, Skarlet, Kenshi

Bad ones but not unwinnable Ermac, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Freddy Krueger

She does fine in her low mid to fish tier pool Stryker, Noob, Quan, CSZ, , Nightwolf, Rain, Baraka, Scorpion, Sub-Zero

She outzones Kano and beats him terrible. Probably the only match her Straight Fireball is best used in lol

I don't know about Sheeva though since she has a lot of armored options to bypass Sindel's zoning and wake ups

Call me a Jade upplayer but I actually think Sindel loses to Jade due to zoning eliminated and outranges Sindel's normals badly. Maybe 4.5/5.5

She is bottom 10, realistically probably #25 for sure she is better than Kano, Sheeva, Stryker, Jade, Nightwolf, CSZ category

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Her Ex scream cancel gave her insane advantage. I had a mid screen combo with her that did about 43% meterless. You can end a few of her corner combos with mid air EX fireballs for pretty big damage. Her X Ray I think was the only one in the game that hit low. You can also delay her scream....but for what reason I don't know as its still a regular scream. Her standing 1 was a pretty good anti air as well. Some of her combo's I couldn't do online, she suffers in that regards. It's like some of her moves like Ex hair grab, delayed scream had other functions that the developers forgot to add in.

She murders characters like SZ. 5-5? No way. She does pretty good against other zoners as well. Her low fireball was really good in that sense. I think she beats Kitana as well.

Damn I either need to get my 360 fixed before Christmas or find one on the cheap. Wouldn't mind dusting her off lol

I put quite a bit of work into her at one point and thought I found a bit of a anti wake up tech (but later I found you can roll out of this....I think):
she DEFINITELY does not beat kitana. Its the other way around

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Sindel did very good vs subzero. She can fight from being in the corner with jump back fireball very well. Low fireball is a very good tool to get under iafs

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Her mix-ups are also a death sentence against certain characters if blocked correctly, Fireball, Step Up, Hair Whip are -7 and characters such as Kung Lao and Reptile can punish it with 6 frame Spin, Elbow Dash while others like Johnny Cage can immediately pressure her afterwards. It doesn't help either that her hitbox is large and her D1 is very short.

I think if NRS was able to give her armor on EX Step Up like they originally planned, it would of helped her out a lot. She would still have problems but at least her opponent would have to respect the threat of her armored EX Step Up either when pressuring her or on wake up. Also if U4 was frames faster would help her as an anti cross up defense.
What she needed was to not get nerfed in half. 4 no longer being cancelable took away SOOO much as well as 31b2 no longer being cancelable either. Scream being faster, and b1 becoming a low were things she needed regardless given there was no actual mixup other than 2~step up, or 21 which was an unrealistic risk/reward given the damage and that it left you wide open when blocked. As for armor, why Kenshi, Lao, Freddy, Kabal and the list goes on, had armor but she didnt, was beyond me

Not much I can say that the other fellow mains haven't said.
She did have a few changes in the Sept.' 11 patch making her both better and worse.
Ok, her infinite had to be removed but her 4~specials should have stayed there.
This way and with some armor on either her scream or step over, she would have been close to A tier
and more tournament viable. She IS a Queen and many levels above everyone else after all lol
She might have been S tier in story mode (although not Sindel but Shangdel) but in kombat she struggled
against many characters, esp. the 3 ninjettes, bird Laos, ndc Kuhbawls, tele happy Gaydens & camp/shake Smoke players.
She does fair well against pressure masters like Cage, Sonya & Jax as long as she keeps them off of her haha
See i had no problem with Jax, Shang, Freddy but i agree if her scream or step up had armor that would have been brilliant! Also if her d1 had a range

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
She was good, but loads of the cast were just better.

Like many low tier characters in MK9. Could be awesome by their own right, but the top tiers just wiped them out.

Vagrant

Noob
As someone who has mained Sindel for almost the entirety of MK9... She's not a good character. She's not the worst, she's not underrated, she's just not good.

She loses to a lot of the cast (Kabal, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena etc)
Her zoning was good but, wasn't the best.
Her Levi Cancel's while useful to an extent, was limited due to her lack luster normals.
A lot of her 'mix ups' just require blocking low due to her only REAL overhead being Step Up Kick. (The second hit of B3F2 shouldn't hit ANYONE).
Her strings left her at 0 but... Once again didn't have the normals to take advantage of that.
Her big damage only comes off of B3 which you're only hitting off a jump in or maybe a whiff punish.
Her XRay was her only form of armour and her wake up Step Up Kick is easily avoided/dealt with making it tough to get off the ground.

She had a lot of dumb stuff that made no sense too:
Able to charge the last 2 in 212 but, it didn't change ANY PROPERTIES OF THE MOVE
EN Hairwhip giving you an unnoticeable damage boost and didn't switch sides making it actually useless to use.
Her XRay being a low hitting move that Mileena can d4 under (that's more of a Mileena thing tho)
Sometimes doing levi cancel fireball doesn't give you a fire ball, you float into the air like a moron unable to do any fireballs unless you cancel the levi or get hit.

Basically the reason why she wasn't used more often was that she was a lot of work for little to no reward. If you could do well with Sindel you could probably be doing much better with half of the other cast. She lost to most of the popular characters and wasn't a smart choice to put all your time and effort into. Most of the time the people who think she is better than she is made out to be are people who don't exclusively play her or have never touched her.
Well said.