What's new

How good is the MK11 net code? a Case of study.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i often hear ppl cry about how shitty internet is and how we need a wi-fi filter and stuff, and from the get go of mk11 they have been given us a net code that we can almost play globally, but how good it actually is?

To answer this question, you have to take me, a player from Angola, a country in Africa Continent who has been trying to at least play ppl from TYM however i can, by going into other ppls houses and so so to achieve this goal. It's also worth to take notes that Africa has been researching wi-fi technology for a while now and recently Angola Cables is experimenting with a new tech of combined cables that reduces latency on anyone they provide services.

My ISP is run by Movicel a cell a company which benefits direcly from Angola Cables and i have a pretty tiny 4g modem which gives me out of proportion download speed and somewhat an upload speed that has been improving gradually, surprisingly very low latency which most of the time doesn't jitter as much as other wi-fi i see around.

So why is this relevant? Currently my country has an issue with an udersea cable and it's going to take a month to fix it, but aparently they have fixed half of it and with the new net code design of NRS the ping reduction on KL has been noticeable my a mile.

Of course it doesn't do everything perfect but still allows at the very least to have enjoyable matches to a certain treshold, i wanted to share these result experience mostly because i think i still have the worst internet setup yet i'm able to find good connections across the globe while playing wireless.

My decent experience with the game experience has a limit max of 210ms. because by default due having a wifi experience the game adds 40ms more to it, making the 250ms the limit of what i can reach, after that you can start see the issues on ping latency. When under 200ms is always better the less the better of course, so here are some of the results.

Angola (luanda) to Brasil (south american continent) ping ranges from 100ms to 160ms
Angola (Luanda) to Texas (North American continent( ping ranges from 190ms to 205ms and thats like past the west coast and right in the middle of the USA, reminding you that we still have issues in the country we are trying to solve, of course there was some lag but was pretty enjoyable and at the edge of it, my opponent was playing wireless too. Angola to use has at least a 12k KM of distance between continents

Before they id the problem i was already doing a survey and playing ppl from europe on connections that varied between 180ms to 230ms, which some were good and some were terrible.

In sum if i with this internet can play ppl from Europe and texas and still having a blast while on Wi-Fi it means A LOT, it really shows how amazing this internet is.

I think i can finally ask for games on TYM more often at any given point of the day, besides i've ran into some TYM members in KL before and today, some of this players being Tak, @Braindead, @THTB (back then connection was awful) some Skarlet players community and a few more, i've also runinto some Dizzy usernames which i'm not sure who they were, and some NinjaK names as well which i'm also unsure who they are.

At this point i'm willing to try anything including futher testing the range with other TYM players even from Krossplay so we can analyse how far we can go with this, it gives me hope that this might be the beginning of a new era where we angolans will be able to play on online tournaments even if overseas, it means a lot.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Got matched with you one time on kl and i quit straight away cause i seen a wireless tag i only seen your name after i pressed quit 8(

Komatose

The Prettiest
Game lags for me whether wired or not wired and I have some of the fastest internet in my nation. And I can’t stand it when I get hatemail or someone screams like a retard on the mic about my connection when it legitimately isn’t mine. It’s either theirs or the game being an ass... I don’t mind the hatemail itself, I’m used to it by now but the reason is what gets me. “Dude you’re playing off of lag!” Like what? How is that even possible bitch I’m in the same lag you are and it’s just as hard for me to play. I’m starting to not care whether people get pissed off at me or not. It’s the game so fuck it. Online is online right? Lol...