What's new

How good is Sheeva v3?

I thought her v3 gameplay looked super interesting but I’m struggling with it. My sense is that she’s decent but not great. Very momentum based, so if she gets going she can wreck face, but the speed x range of her advancing attacks makes it difficult to get her pressure started. Other characters like terminator dark fate, subzero avalanche can rushdown and pressure/mix much more effectively because their advancing moves are faster and less likely to whiff, and once in get more damage and safer pressure. Or am I missing something and v3 Sheeva is better than I think?

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
Depends on your reads and execution. If you know how to condition your opponent so that neutral is in your favor she can be really scary with her bleed damage and tele stomp. Since her projectile is actually good she doesn't just get zoned out, she's not braindead good you gotta learn how to condition your opponent. She can make ducking a nightmare and every hit on block is a 33/33/33 guessing game between low command grab low hit grab into bleed or her bf3 overhead stomp. Decent mix decent damage just depends on how well you can force your opponent to do what you want.

Wigy

There it is...
Very strong mix. Great oki off db4 mb. Zoning is surprisingly strong. If she has a bar you have to just block the normal ones as the mb isnt very reactable. Then mix in stomps.

her movement is good; controls space well with her fireball sweep b3 f1 and jk in the neutral.
IMO her big weakness is defence up close. Her pokes are all very stubby as are her normals. So characters that have stupid fast pokes that push back are a nightmare, shao khan i detest.

id say she is the strongest dlc out of the 3.
She seems like a very strong oki momentum character but is fortunate to also have a long reach mid and good projectiles also.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
She has a really good mixup game in V3 where she can be really scary up close and some good combos but yeah her defence game could use some work. Her reach isn't great; S1, B2, D1, D2, F4 all have terrible reach and the rest are quite slow and stubby.

And once she’s in sweep distance and it’s obvious she’s going to attack, you can literally just neutral jump and all of her options will whiff. Most characters have moves that will catch a jump even if you weren’t expecting ur opponent to jump but Sheevas moves are so stubby that she almost never gets an incidental hit against a jumping opponent. I think u can abuse nj against her or walk outside of her range and bait the whiff. Maybe fireball is the answer to that, idk

And once she’s in sweep distance and it’s obvious she’s going to attack, you can literally just neutral jump and all of her options will whiff. Most characters have moves that will catch a jump even if you weren’t expecting ur opponent to jump but Sheevas moves are so stubby that she almost never gets an incidental hit against a jumping opponent. I think u can abuse nj against her or walk outside of her range and bait the whiff. Maybe fireball is the answer to that, idk
Thanks for this info. People's whole gameplan in KL is nj even at high level. I will be punishing this for sure