What's new

How good is Mortal KOmbat 4

There are some good discuss about how good is mortal kombat 4 i open this thread to talk about that with some of friends from the UMK3/MKT thread Place ^_^

So let´s Continue here to finish our off topics in there (even some of my post are off topics but like u said it seem to be good to discuss).

Let´s beggin with the "God Tier" thing... but let´s wait for ded to continue because he´s the expert (i think.. NO... I KNOW that he´s the best choice for know about everything of Mortal KOmbat 4/Gold).

Mortal Kombat 4 is a good, fun game.

I play the PC version the most. If I ever get my dreamcast from my brother, I'll be playing MKGold probably more then anyone on these forums ;)

Love MK1-MKGold For Life!!!!

RoGE

Noob
Thanks, well anyway, The God-Tiers in MK4, how much of a Skill gap is required to actually beat one of these in this game, I know in MKA, the skill required is enormous unless you counter pick, but in this game, it seems God-Tiers aren't as powerful as they are in MKA, I believe its mostly due to the similar properties each character have.

ded

Elder God
why excactly is this thread for? the same can be discussed at mk4 characters guide thread

RoGE

Noob
why excactly is this thread for? the same can be discussed at mk4 characters guide thread
its mostly all around MK4, not just the tier list, the current topic is God-Tiers and how they work, which could probably be discussed in that thread, yeah, you might as well close this unless someone want's to change the topic about MK4.

Change the Tittle just that ^_^.. i´ve just tried to help iori but is useless because i don´t know any shit about MK4 and you´re the bigg boss putted

RoGE

Noob
I still don't think they would be God-tiers if lows can beat them, I would just consider it a bottom tier vs a top tier.

I wish I had my DC here with me so much I miss playing MKGold a lot. I'd rather play it then any other console version of MK4.

The only thing thats shitty is MKGold isn't compatible with the DC Arcade stick so double tapping run and block doesn't allow sidestep :(

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I always thought that MK4 was painfully generic. In UMK 3, characters had the same basic moves but did them differently. Their combos also had a bit of personality to them. As much as I really do not care for MK 4, it is loads better than the other 3D games.

I always thought that MK4 was painfully generic. In UMK 3, characters had the same basic moves but did them differently. Their combos also had a bit of personality to them. As much as I really do not care for MK 4, it is loads better than the other 3D games.
I think we can all agree to that. The stage wasnt as big, so if you were super far, and you threw a Projectile, you can just side step and just wai their... For like FOREVER!!. MK4 = Faster gameplay, Wasnt as boring, when everyone is doing combo breakers, and Much More fun with your friends.

In my opinion Mortal Kombat 4/Gold is the LAST good MK that has been made ... after this all MK's SUCK! (except shaolin monks, but thats not a 'fighting game')

Stupid combo's, the special moves suck, the whole feeling after this MK IS GONE

I want roundhouse kick back uppercut and so on!!!

I love gold @ dreamcast!!!

It's definitely the last good MK game until the new one... but it was too ahead of it's time to make it work...

Cyrax's bombs are terrible...

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
Is easy to pick up, but other than being easy to play, its not challenging. It feels like eveyone's the same with specials and weapons added to diversify.