What's new

Question - Dragons Fire How good is DF Liu Kang really is?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
First off, duelist isn't good. He's full of glitches, gimmicks and VERY weak pressure. Dragons fire has insane pressure, flame fist has superior zoning. What does duelist do? Once you fight someone who figures out the gimmicks, its a struggle to win. To the OP. What the fuck is this thread? Iiu kang is a damn good character. You dont get "lucky" wins with him. Are u even as good as u claim to be? Drop that psn or gamertag and lemme see. Because you're disgracing tf out of the liu kang community. On behalf of this nob....i apologize. ..

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Wow, look at all the people in this thread that don't main DF that seem to know more than I do, lol.
I would love to see what "Mastered is" because I know Liu Kangs who actually have got him down and they can make F0xy pissed off with how much pressure he has.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The reality is, Forever Elite, and in egotistical fashion I dare say myself, are two of a very small number of people who actually have put time in to Dualist and can make him work.

I was quick to write it off, but it's still Liu Kang who is a good base character. It's just that it's DF lite.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
The reality is, Forever Elite, and in egotistical fashion I dare say myself, are two of a very small number of people who actually have put time in to Dualist and can make him work.

I was quick to write it off, but it's still Liu Kang who is a good base character. It's just that it's DF lite.
theres a guy on x1 who has a good dualist hes called like some scrandy gt like might guy 1 or something but hes good

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Dualist Liu is just a solid mid-tier in thanks to a couple of specials and his normal moveset. That's what keeps him going...otherwise, there's not much else you can do since the dirty setups can only be pulled off against someone who doesn't know the matchup, or is completely garbage. He's definitely DF lite.

I'm really excited and hopeful that he gets some more attention though, because I would rock him 24/7 without remorse.

First off, duelist isn't good. He's full of glitches, gimmicks and VERY weak pressure. Dragons fire has insane pressure, flame fist has superior zoning. What does duelist do? Once you fight someone who figures out the gimmicks, its a struggle to win. To the OP. What the fuck is this thread? Iiu kang is a damn good character. You dont get "lucky" wins with him. Are u even as good as u claim to be? Drop that psn or gamertag and lemme see. Because you're disgracing tf out of the liu kang community. On behalf of this nob....i apologize. ..
Man, do you even know how to fucking read? I said DF Liu is better than 80% of the cast but still doesn't compete with top tiers who have incomparable dirt and option selects. Fuck outta here with your pretentious nobility for the LK community, I just state how things are.

Solignac

Noob
Man, do you even know how to fucking read? I said DF Liu is better than 80% of the cast but still doesn't compete with top tiers who have incomparable dirt and option selects. Fuck outta here with your pretentious nobility for the LK community, I just state how things are.
Pretentious Nobility
1440551855953.png

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
liu kang is not even top 10 so how is he better than 80% of the cast?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What a fuckin tough guy. What's the next major/local you're attending? I'll be there and beat you with no-variation LK and show you how fighting game fundamentals work.
I'll do a $100 money match against you. I'll be at SJ, DTN, NEC, KIT and WB so far. You can also find me every week at The Break. Where do you wanna do it?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So I've been playing Liu Kang for a bit now, and he is incredibly strong with his zoning and rushdown with the FBC. So how good is the former goodie two shoes really is? Bottom, Low, Mid, or Top tier?
He is really is isgood is.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I hate the term top 10 even though I say it myself a sometimes as their could be 15 chars all equal to that top spot I will say he would be A tier

Wait a minute

This thread was migrated with the other one
Which was a bad call since now it looks like they are calling the OP new and a troll now when he asked a good question

Last edited:
Liu kang only needs one major nerf and that would be taking away the plus frames on DASH cancels only.

What other nerfs does he NEED???

Liu kang only needs one major nerf and that would be taking away the plus frames on DASH cancels only.

What other nerfs does he NEED???
None, but I'll tell you what Liu does need. He needs a bunch of educated players representing him so they can finally shut the fuck up about him being top tier, because he's not.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
None, but I'll tell you what Liu does need. He needs a bunch of educated players representing him so they can finally shut the fuck up about him being top tier, because he's not.
F44 FBRC loops and B12 FBRC being +5 should both be changed as well.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The DC is broken, but he'll still be really good without.

I would nerf the plus frames off of f44 fbrc so it is only slightly plus and doesn't jail into a follow up.