What's new

How does MAME handle UMK3 special chars?

After you unlock them does it write a file that makes that char permanently unlocked or do you have to enter the chars in every time?

for me i unlocked the characters and everytime i play on single player the "hidden" characters are there when i hop in GW or online with kaillera the characters aren't there. but check this out the moment i unlocked the characters i went to the character select screen and it looks like it crashed its distorted and you cant hardly see the characters lol its like a mind of its own and to this day it has never been the same since

S

scheissn

Yeah, they write to nvram I believe on your system.
When you play online it completely factory restores the (roms) system so that everything runs correctly, like it is one machine.

Moes cheats are loaded by both players at the start of the game and the host resets the machine, which temporarily loads them to memory for that kaillera session. Close, desync, crash and you have to do it over.

If you know what you are doing it takes less than 10 seconds to do though, unless you are playing someone without the cheats.

ScheissNussen said:
Yeah, they write to nvram I believe on your system.
When you play online it completely factory restores the (roms) system so that everything runs correctly, like it is one machine.

Moes cheats are loaded by both players at the start of the game and the host resets the machine, which temporarily loads them to memory for that kaillera session. Close, desync, crash and you have to do it over.

If you know what you are doing it takes less than 10 seconds to do though, unless you are playing someone without the cheats.
makes sense but do you often play people that either dont' know how to do it or dont' have the cheats?

S

scheissn

I don't play on mame anymore, really. But when I used to play a lot it was pretty much standard.

Bottom line is, there isn't that many players, and if you ask them if they have the cheats and they do, they will load them. If they don't they will get them and have them for next time as well as ask others to use them.

Just be happy this option is available, we didn't have p2p back in the day, and we sure as fuck didnt have moe cheats. By the time you unlocked all the hiddens(manually), you were lucky to play 20 matches before some asshole would lag the server or break your room :) p2p rarely breaks and is consistent.