What's new

How does changing factions work?

Arzumis

Noob
i just reached lvl 50 for brotherhood of shadows faction and now want to move on to another. My friend changed factions when he hit lvl 50 too and he said when he changed back to the faction which he hit lvl 50 he was reset back to lvl1. How do you properly change factions?

E

Eldriken

Whenever you change to another faction, your previous faction is reset to level 1 and any icons, Faction Kills, etc that you gained from your previous faction is lost. The game saves your progress in regards to what factions you've gotten to level 50 for the trophy/achievement that requires you to get all factions to level 50, however.

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Whenever you change to another faction, your previous faction is reset to level 1 and any icons, Faction Kills, etc that you gained from your previous faction is lost. The game saves your progress in regards to what factions you've gotten to level 50 for the trophy/achievement that requires you to get all factions to level 50, however.
100% accurate

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
So to get the "Dragon King" set you have to lose all previous max rank sets that you acquire? That's kinda lame I guess, I wonder if you are rewarded all the sets once you get that set/achievement. I'm sure it will be another week or so until someone reaches that point and lets us know.

Lucky_623

So there's no real point in keeping same faction after 50?
It all depends on the individual man. Trophy hunters are gonna hit 50 and switch to get the achievement. Faction loyalists may stay put (Huge Sonya fans may stick with Special Forces and never leave), whereas Johnny may go to White Lotus because the faction kills fit their style more so than others.

Rock out how you wanna rock out!

E

Eldriken

So to get the "Dragon King" set you have to lose all previous max rank sets that you acquire? That's kinda lame I guess, I wonder if you are rewarded all the sets once you get that set/achievement. I'm sure it will be another week or so until someone reaches that point and lets us know.
Plenty of people have already gotten all factions to level 50. You can do it in about two hours or so with the right setup. You don't retain anything from the previous ones after reaching 50 in each one. But the set bonuses that you get for reaching level 50 in all factions more than makes up for it.

Varion

Noob
Plenty of people have already gotten all factions to level 50. You can do it in about two hours or so with the right setup. You don't retain anything from the previous ones after reaching 50 in each one. But the set bonuses that you get for reaching level 50 in all factions more than makes up for it.
Any info on the fastest way to boost these up?

Lucky_623

Any info on the fastest way to boost these up?
Deck your player card out with the highest FXP multiplyer that you have. An example:
If you set your boarder, icon, and background to all FXP (gain to Faction Experience) you can get 200 Extra faction exp by just winning a match.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I suppose, but clearing out the krypt isn't taking that long, and that set seems to be completely geared towards coins. Maybe there will be some dlc eventually that gives coins more purpose to coins.

What's the setup if you happen to know? I'd like to go for it, but it took almost a week to get level 50 in just one faction for me.

E

Eldriken

I don't know the exact setup by heart. I saw a topic for it on GameFAQs but never used it myself.

I'll take a look when I'm not at work and see if I can find it again.

A lot of the time, Living Towers are the best bet depending on its modifiers for this type of thing as you can get matches completed much quicker.