What's new

How do YOU use homing missile?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Trying to get an idea of when to use it,i usually use it when someone gets close to me for a free grab but sometimes my friend that i heavily use sektor against just hits me as i'm dashing and just takes the missile.

How do you use it?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I use as "final round moment weapon", if you have bar lead, you can use a homing Ex missile, to :

- connect with normal missile
- to keep away from pressure
- to make a turtle player have to move and coming for ya

Sasuga

Noob
I use it to make an 'example' out of people who try to sell stuff at my door, should they have avoided the anti-salesman mines.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I use as "final round moment weapon", if you have bar lead, you can use a homing Ex missile, to :

- to keep away from pressure
How do you accomplish the 1st and last?anyone will just block the missile unless they're comboing you.
and why would a turtle not block it?

Nice name btw Pred.

xenogorgeous

How do you accomplish the 1st and last?anyone will just block the missile unless they're comboing you.
and why would a turtle not block it?

Nice name btw Pred.
of course, you gonna try to bait someone for fall for it .... someone with 15% or less of energy bar left .... or they take the homing missile followed by a normal missile, or they have to advance , teleport or something, so, it's "playing with the food" situation .... homing is used to obligate the oponent to do something more or less predictable you already foresaw ... I consider one of the most interesting EX moves in this game, if well used .... remember Sektor had this one as normal stuff in MK3, and was a hell of annoying projectile to avoid , hehe

the last, same situation, if they have 15% or less energy bar, and if you have 2 levels bar, I would go for 2 homing missiles try-outs .... if they block the first, I would use purposely a second one, advance and catch the turtle guy in block, with a throw or 1,22

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
of course, you gonna try to bait someone for fall for it .... someone with 15% or less of energy bar left .... or they take the homing missile followed by a normal missile, or they have to advance , teleport or something, so, it's "playing with the food" situation .... homing is used to obligate the oponent to do something more or less predictable you already foresaw ... I consider one of the most interesting EX moves in this game, if well used .... remember Sektor had this one as normal stuff in MK3, and was a hell of annoying projectile to avoid , hehe

the last, same situation, if they have 15% or less energy bar, and if you have 2 levels bar, I would go for 2 homing missiles try-outs .... if they block the first, I would use purposely a second one, advance and catch the turtle guy in block, with a throw or 1,22
Always interesting to hear how it's used,you use it to bait,i use it to get closer and deal some damage.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
They don't have to move given there is 0% chip damage, if they block the straight missile and homing missile I think it's 2% chip in total. I would do this only in the final stages of a round when they have 2% or less health and have been knocked down already, otherwise it's a complete waste of meter - you're better off using it to get in and apply pressure.

xenogorgeous

They don't have to move given there is 0% chip damage, if they block the straight missile and homing missile I think it's 2% chip in total. I would do this only in the final stages of a round when they have 2% or less health and have been knocked down already, otherwise it's a complete waste of meter - you're better off using it to get in and apply pressure.
I totally agree with you, sure that the chip damage is worthless, but, the main point is making/forcing the enemy waiting to block it, or have to move, in any of the cases,you are dictating the course of action, in the end of round .... I know that people can avoid Cyrax bombs , sometimes, if properly step on ahead, spacing them, but homing missiles, I think that they have to block it or take it, no other options.

The point is using homing missile from mid screen and go ahead stepping forward .... the enemy cannot jump, or they will take it , and you can go for TU next, so, or they keep position and block, or they move ahead, .... in both cases, you see that coming, miles away. Homing missiles is a trap for the very end of round , mostly.

xenogorgeous

Homing works more as a "distraction decoy" in order for you set up other attack situation .... while the missiles are traveling and seeking, you are in advantage to attack, to advance, to position yourself, etc ....

ryublaze

Noob
I use it when my opponent is low on health or when I have full meter. Moving in, I go for a throw or free pressure. Sometimes I'll poke with b3 and if it hits then homing missile will also hit.

The only time I really use it is when I'm trying to swing momentum back my way. Get some space and bust a Homing Missile and I can usually get the match going my way, at least for a little. Other than that, it's so slow that I really don't use it.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Is it worth throwing out the Homing Missile, even if the opponent blocks the 122 or the b34?
I've not used it after B3 4 but yes it's definitely worth doing if they block, as you get a free blockstring for more pressure or a free throw.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I've not used it after B3 4 but yes it's definitely worth doing if they block, as you get a free blockstring for more pressure or a free throw.
On some characters you won't, so it's match up dependent. For instance, when you homing missile after a string on Kabal; he will dash you, block the missile, then still have time to combo you.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I end combos with the homing missile.

After a successful TP, I always do f4 3xx Homing Missile.

n9195v

Noob
I use it when even to be spontaneous but I never use it to zone I think that's a bad idea and a waste. The homing missile is instant offence you want to be close when you activate it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I use it for maintaining pressure or if it's gonna help me finish a round/match, but only as a combo ender or on a safe blockstring. For zoning there is no point. Other players are gonna more than likely hit you before you can even close the distance and since it does no chip damage...well...

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I use it either at the end of 122 or if they only have a small amount of health and I need to put them on the defensive.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I use them mostly to get in or get a grab or start pressure.

I feel like I need to throw out regular up missles more often than I do. But I feel like I also play Sektor much more aggresivly than most. Though I still go on missle sprees eveery now and then.

I havent been able to play for a week because My family and I went to texas for a week :( But tomarow we will be going home and I have a lot of MK play time to make up for.