What's new

How do you unsub from a thread or profile comment chain?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So... I made the mistake of commenting once on a profile and now there is a huge argument on that thread.. so eveytime I log into TYM I get a zillion notifications all form this one comment chain on somone's profile. I think it is as there is a char limit so a single post is actually like 3 or 4.

Anyway... with the fourm.. if I click the bell and then just choose NOT to click the thread.. I get no more notifications for it... but I can not work out a way to stop the notifications for the comment chain on a profile.

TL;DR:
  1. How can I unsub from from a comment chain on a user profile?
  2. How can I unsub from a thread on the fourm?

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
What happens if you delete your original post off the chain? I dunno if that would work or not but it's an idea.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Watch/Unwatch button top right of thread does it for forum threads. Is there something similar for user profile comments?
not that I can see

It has never been a problem for as people post a few comments and the thread dies... but not this time.

scarsunseen

Safeties disabled. Mod mode engaged.
On top of the web page you're on, there should be something you can click on that says "Unwatch"

Eldriken

Rip and tear, until it is done.
Forum General
You have to delete any comment(s) you made on the post to stop getting notifications. I wish there were another way similar to unwatching threads, but alas, here we are. :/