What's new

How do you perform Quan Chi's Rune Trap?

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
The most commonly used rune trap and arguably the most efficient is 2,1,2,Ex close rune. You can use it as is or you could end trance combos with 1,1,skydrop and then perform the rune trap immediately after that.

An example combo just to give you an idea is: jip, b3, 1+2, dash, 1,1,2, trance, jip (or meterbuild), 1,1, skydrop, [2,1,2,Ex close rune].

I'm not able to check the damage on that combo now but it does between 26-30% and then you add the rune trap for an additional 15%-45% depending on how many bars you want to use which as you can see potentially shaves off 70% and sometimes more of the opponents health bar .

You can end any trance combo with 1,1 skydrop linked to the rune trap. The variations are many so have fun :D

NKZero

Noob
I'm no Quan player either, but perhaps you can get more damage off B3 1+2-B21-B11-trance as opposed to the one that Tong Lung posted. I know you were just posting any old combo but if someone wants to practice it they might as well go for the most damage right? Anyways I'm not 100% sure on that....

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
B31+2 B21 dash B11~trance JIP B31+2 uppercut nets you 38% (41% off a JIP). I use that and rarely drop it, isn't difficult. JIP B21 dash B21 dash B11~trance JIP B31+2 uppercut should be your bnb for a JIP since it nets you 43%. Reserve all your meter for the runetrap, Quan does good damage meterless and his meter is pretty worthless outside of runetraps. EX skydrop occasionally has a use, but it's practicality is very limited.

Also, you can escape the runetrap if you have a breaker, if you allow the 21 to hit you; then you can break it.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I know what it is. I am not a Quan Chi user but I am looking to pick him up, so I was wondering.
If you just picked Quan better start with f12 EN rune. Let say trance combo 11 sky drop f12 En rune. Mix it with 11 sky drop u3 trance or 11 sky drop 212 En rune. Then you could try after 11 sky drop 21, b31+2 or f12 mix-ups Don,t forget that 212 , f12 and 112 are hitconfirmable and if they hit go for trance and then again 11 sky drop. If they are blocked En rune.

B31+2 B21 dash B11~trance JIP B31+2 uppercut nets you 38% (41% off a JIP). I use that and rarely drop it, isn't difficult. JIP B21 dash B21 dash B11~trance JIP B31+2 uppercut should be your bnb for a JIP since it nets you 43%. Reserve all your meter for the runetrap, Quan does good damage meterless and his meter is pretty worthless outside of runetraps. EX skydrop occasionally has a use, but it's practicality is very limited.

Also, you can escape the runetrap if you have a breaker, if you allow the 21 to hit you; then you can break it.

dont u think ex trance is a good move? steal dat meters.. ex skull also has the most stagger in the game

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
dont u think ex trance is a good move? steal dat meters.. ex skull also has the most stagger in the game
EX Trance is good at times, yeah. EX Skull though is really situational, it's true that it grants a free JIP but eh...I'm a runetrap whore personally.