What's new

Question - A-List How do you input your run cancels?

Today I realised there are three different ways to input run cancel: f, f, bl; f, bl, f and bl, f, f. The f, f, bl input I has been the only one I've known about and used up until now, and sticking to that input seems to be the reason why I've been unable to do two cancels in a row (I run out of stamina). Which input do you use?

I don't really understand the canceling mechanisms, because sometimes Cage just won't cancel into run from the dash -- even when I make sure to input f, bl, f (and pull out another attack instantly after starting the run) ... meaning I shouldn't get a dash before the run, which costs extra stamina.

It's frustrating, because one second I feel like I have it down consistently, and the other it's like the game just starts to behave differently.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
the trick to fast cancels is to input f, f+blk + the next move.

So the block is pressed at the same time as the next input

Reactions: GAV

Rizz091

Noob
You can also press block, then ff when cancelling out of a string or sk. But if you press block too early you'll just dash instead of run. The timing is weird and different for different cancels.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I find it that holding shadow kick/ f3(4) a little bit longer than you normally would allows you to input the ffblock run at lot easier. Then as time moves on, just hold the button a little less. It works for me for the most part.

Reactions: GAV

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
For those looking to get fast more consistent cancels.

This applies to all RC characters. The best way to find the *timing* for the earliest frame to cancel the special for the next input, is to cancel into a forward jump.

Also can help master jp2 combos for cage which aren't exactly diago level