What's new

Question - Cassie Cage How do you handle the shinnok MU

RetroPhysic

Woo Hoo!
I've tried to play the Mu patiently as well as rush down and in the end I can't get around this character, I've seen the tech about going through hell sparks or whatever but it's so inconsistent. someone please explain how they go about this mu.

shura30

Shura
once you see the firstof the three hellspark and have meter go for bf4MB into full combo (35%ish) but watch out for him to meter burn

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Okay I keep seeing this so I'm gonna talk about this from my perspective having played a bunch of Cassie's. This. MU. Suuuuuuuuucks for you. I can hit you with 18% chip off of a stolen move which will put you right in Hell Sparks range. The pokes help me challenge your stuff. Hell Sparks does an okay job at keeping you out. You can armour out of MB Hell Spark pressure on the 3rd spark but that doesn't really help in the long run. I don't really know if there's a right thing for you to do. Just try your best to get me to the corner and beat me up. If I can't make Hell Sparks safe you should be able to catch me with a run up b1

ArmedCalf

oh, also bait shinnok's d1 then flip
d1 is at -9 and flip hits on the 7th

the ex guns?
cassie can duck that into full punish

exbf4 242 33 b12 flip b1 exnp is 36ish damage
d1 is -7 now. Show me the person that consistently punishes a d1 with a flip on reaction and I'll be hella impressed. You can't duck the EX guns on block. That whole string that D.R. posted is guaranteed. That combo for punishing a MB 3rd spark is solid though - but I'd scale back on the damage a bit. That's a 2 bar punish and you're gonna want meter to break out of my shit.

shura30

Shura
yeah, my fault for using an outdated frame chart
but:

Show me the person that consistently punishes a d1 with a flip on reaction and I'll be hella impressed.
you're not going back at him on reaction but on a read.
say cassie does b12, shinnok is not going to respect the followup with d1, you expect that block and punish
but that's not going the case anymore altough -7 is enough for cassie to gain back the initiative with almost any of her other tools

You can't duck the EX guns on block. That whole string that D.R. posted is guaranteed.
that's not the only string shinnok players end in exguns tho

That combo for punishing a MB 3rd spark is solid though - but I'd scale back on the damage a bit. That's a 2 bar punish and you're gonna want meter to break out of my shit.
you can end it in normal np, normal bf4 or b124 to push him to a range where there's the chance for another projectile to be armored by exbf4

also, you don't have to block the 3rd hellspark, when you see the first one going up, just do exbf4 and cassie will eat the second spark into full combo.
intelligent shinnok players will MB the second HS accordingly so beware

ArmedCalf

yeah, my fault for using an outdated frame chart
but:

you're not going back at him on reaction but on a read.
say cassie does b12, shinnok is not going to respect the followup with d1, you expect that block and punish
but that's not going the case anymore altough -7 is enough for cassie to gain back the initiative with almost any of her other tools

that's not the only string shinnok players end in exguns tho

you can end it in normal np, normal bf4 or b124 to push him to a range where there's the chance for another projectile to be armored by exbf4

also, you don't have to block the 3rd hellspark, when you see the first one going up, just do exbf4 and cassie will eat the second spark into full combo.
intelligent shinnok players will MB the second HS accordingly so beware
I'mma let Dillon take it from here. He's a pretty dirty Cassie main and he's super experienced with the MU. In no realm does Cassie beat Shinnok is all I will say.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Idk exactly what Cassie can do against Shinnok. For all variations though, make sure you keep an eye on my meter, no meter means I can't do any string without being minus. Only stuff that Shinnok is plus on block on is S2, B2, S4, MB Hell Sparks, EX NecroSlap, and that's it (i believe). Each time I'm minus is a 50/50 opportunity for you considering your fast normals

I try to play this MU at the HS max range. If Shinnok is OK with that - zone him a bit with iaGuns, bait him into doing HS and rush in after a whiffed one. But most Shinnoks would like to harass you with d4-hs. Learn to whiff punish d4 with either b1 (tight timing due to d4 lowprofiling af) or df1(strict spacing). Also I don't respect impostor's armor - so b124, 332 all day.
In general this MU sucks. You have to really make every chance count. And outplay your opponent pretty badly.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I take it that I'm the only Shinnok that has problems in this MU. I'm bad at videogames.
The main reason to pick Shinnok is so you can play offense most of the time.

Cassie just needs one knockdown. Then, she runs up - and thoroughly stretches out your blocking skills.

So, what to do...what to do?

Go into practice mode and practice recognizing and correctly blocking Cassie's 50-50's, her strings, and her hard to blockables.

You're gonna have to block them, so you might as well practice blocking them and give yourself a chance...

...Oh, and nerf Shinnok.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
The main reason to pick Shinnok is so you can play offense most of the time.

Cassie just needs one knockdown. Then, she runs up - and thoroughly stretches out your blocking skills.

So, what to do...what to do?

Go into practice mode and practice recognizing and correctly blocking Cassie's 50-50's, her strings, and her hard to blockables.

You're gonna have to block them, so you might as well practice blocking them and give yourself a chance...

...Oh, and nerf Shinnok.
just cuz cassie has a rough time don't mean shinnok should be nerfed, besides majority of this game seems to be rock paper scissors format anyways.

Grind it out mang.