What's new

Question - Hellfire How do you guys "cluster" your inputs when FBCing?

Student

Noob
Hello,

I'm primarily a lurker and a really big fan of all the work you guys have done. I've been playing MKX for about 2 weeks and have spent a majority of the time working on Hellfire combos and his FBC and stuff.

I've gotten to the point where I can FBC with some consistency but I still have a long way to go. Anyways, I'm curious as to how you guys cluster your inputs when you do an FBC?

I myself, when doing the 214xxFBC, 214 blockstring (if that's even the right thing to call it), input the 214 db1 (hold it) in one quick input "cluster". I then wait for Scorpion's kick to connect at which point I input dash. Then pretty much immediately after I press R2 (I'm on PS4) and 2 almost simultaneously and then input the 1 and then 4 right after. So it kind of looks like this:

214db1(hold), slight pause, dash, (R2)214

So that being said I'm just kind of trying to become more consistent and prevent myself from developing bad habits that I'll have to undo later on at some point. Is there a better way for me to do my inputs or is it really a nonissue?

Thanks

Eminent

Forum Lurker
This seems correct. In this game you have to wait for a buffered special to start coming out before you start hitting extra directional inputs. Because for some reason extra directional inputs will cancel a buffered special.

For example if you start inputting FF too soon before the fireball animation starts... it will stop the fireball animation from happening entirely.

Student

Noob
This seems correct. In this game you have to wait for a buffered special to start coming out before you start hitting extra directional inputs. Because for some reason extra directional inputs will cancel a buffered special.

For example if you start inputting FF too soon before the fireball animation starts... it will stop the fireball animation from happening entirely.
Yeah, I actually think that might be one of my problems. I'm wondering if there are any downsides to throwing the R2 in with the dash command and moving it slightly away from starting 214 because I've also noticed that sometimes I'll press 2 before R2 and this would reduce the chances of that happening. Also I believe that pressing R2 while inputting the dash or even just slightly before still allows for the run.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
The timing is learning exactly when the fireball animation begins. You can't buffer the dash any earlier than that. After you learn that, the only thing left is to learn to run as few frames as possible.

The hardest FBRC link I found, is b12 FBRC f3. If you can do that, you will probably be 99% consistent with standard FBRC strings.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The hardest FBRC link I found, is b12 FBRC f3. If you can do that, you will probably be 99% consistent with standard FBRC strings.
I use piano inputs on stick to land these dificult links, any FBC that ends using F3 or B3 for linking can be dificult to go back to that button, since on my button layout blocking os close to 2 and is far from 3, the easiest way i've found to connect those links is with an extra thumb that can either hit B3 and F3 on the same combo while other finger is solely used for FBC and another for run canceling and one more for standing 2.

Here is the layout:

1 2 Block Stance
3 4 Interact Throw

Now here is how i run cancel

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Yeah, I actually think that might be one of my problems. I'm wondering if there are any downsides to throwing the R2 in with the dash command and moving it slightly away from starting 214 because I've also noticed that sometimes I'll press 2 before R2 and this would reduce the chances of that happening. Also I believe that pressing R2 while inputting the dash or even just slightly before still allows for the run.
Yes it does! R2 then dash buffered works too.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Something that actually helped me out with this was I changed the pad layout to have block be on R1 rather than R2. It's much easier to cancel by tapping a button rather than a trigger.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
For me my biggest challenge doing the cancels is when I can start inputting db1 in 214. I found the best way for me to do it is as soon as see the 4 coming out input db1. I also have the issue of inputting FF and getting dash instead of run. And even still doing 214 FBC online seems to be damn near impossible.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
For me my biggest challenge doing the cancels is when I can start inputting db1 in 214. I found the best way for me to do it is as soon as see the 4 coming out input db1. I also have the issue of inputting FF and getting dash instead of run. And even still doing 214 FBC online seems to be damn near impossible.
Doing it online won't make a difference once you master the timing. Unless it's that annoying choppy lag that fluctuates I can't stand that shit.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
You can do the input for fireball pretty much anytime after you first input the string. What's important is that you hold 1 the entire time, and don't dash until the fireball animation begins.

I guess this is worth doing a video on, since I'd bet a lot of future Scorp players will ask the same questions eventually. I just need to get a USB to move video clips off my PS4 onto a PC because that share factory is crap lolol.

Train

Noob
for me, the best way is: input fast (dial in) 214 db1 (hold 1 and wait for a split second for fireball animation to show up) and as soon as you see animation of fireball, fast FF block 214

playing on fightstick and hitbox
(FRC on hitbox is best shit ever)

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
for the dash cancel you can do f, f+block to get instant run, instead of f,f block. It is faster and makes landing the string afterwards much easier.

Student

Noob
for me, the best way is: input fast (dial in) 214 db1 (hold 1 and wait for a split second for fireball animation to show up) and as soon as you see animation of fireball, fast FF block 214

playing on fightstick and hitbox
(FRC on hitbox is best shit ever)
Oh wow, I actually have a hitbox, I just haven't been using it. Really only used it for injustice. Did you change the button layout in any way for when you use your hitbox?