What's new

How do you get over the hump?

Droopy

Noob
I have been losing left and right to random scrubs and regulars on live that i dont normally lose to, (disregard this to people who usually own me) this past week has been terrible for me to say at the least. Had the flu bug but now all is well and im still losing, this is the worst streak ive been on in a while, how do you guys get over somethin like this? I know i am better than this but ive lost focus and motivation. How do you guys get your swagger back out of a slump? Any input would be appreciated.

Edit- if there has been a thread about this then please post the link and mods may remove this one. I couldnt find it so my apologies.

Push through it. Everyone has days where they are playing really well or really badly. If you practice more you will still get those bad days, but you wont be as bad as you used to be. You must also remember that everyone else is getting better, so its not all your fault.

If your using the 360's controller then it might be something to do with that. I noticed I was releasing block to early sometimes and realised that my RB(R1) was wearing out and that it needed more pressure than usual for it to recognise it was being pressed. I now use my other 360 pad.

Practice, practice, practice!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I'll share some "secrets", I guess lol. Personally, I gain some focus with caffeine, especially energy drinks. Some consumption of any form of caffeine will alert you enough to give you an edge over your normal play; concerning reaction time and other things. (if you don't usually drink coffee, etc.) I'm not saying it's going to give you Spidey Sense or anything, but you might want to try it out if you haven't. As far the mental aspect and resilience, just don't let it get you down. It is just a game, after all. You win some, you lose some. But the more you play serious, the better you're bound to get. No offense, but you're not going to get better playing scrubs. I try to only play people I know.

I might play bad for a few matches or something, but these week long streaks are foreign to me. I've never had a "bad week" playing any video game.

My advice would be to by one of those huge 16.9 oz redbulls for $4, down it, and pick kabal.

Droopy

Noob
Thanks guys but energy drinks dont do me good, makes me more jittery. Ive usually had bad days but not stringed together like this past week. Now its more a question of heart not skills, because i do play guys who are pro at this. You guys ever take a break from MK, come back and play it better cus u miss it?

Maybe what i need is a stick, would be fun learnin to play again...

Shaney

Noob
I might play bad for a few matches or something, but these week long streaks are foreign to me. I've never had a "bad week" playing any video game.

My advice would be to by one of those huge 16.9 oz redbulls for $4, down it, and pick kabal.
So that's why you always pick him...