What's new

How do you get OH parademon to hit during teleport?

The tracking of this move is awful. I end a combo with a charging demon out, then iatp+oh demon, but the demon comes out midscreen a full zip code away from hitting anything. How do I make this hit consistently?

I'll try to record tomorrow (I'm an American living in Japan). But it's pretty basic. For example, I'll do the following combo:

B1u3+mb, f3, d2~b4, d1~df2

Then I'll do instant air db3+4 for a teleport+overhead demon crossup. However, the demon teleports only about halfway to my opponent before coming out backwards and whiffing by about a third of the screen and leaving me totally open trying to raw stomp with no protection. It looks like this:

Start______<-demon____opponent_destination

I'm no noob and both my understanding of the combo system and my execution are decent. This seems like an obvious bug. I'm just trying to understand what commands and timing make the demon actually teleport fully to it's intended destination instead of popping out halfway and backwards.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I have the same issue. I tried using j1, nj1 & j2, nj2 and releasing 4 both before and after teleport.

It wiffs constantly.

kcd117

Noob
If you want the demon to hit from the side you teleported you gotta wait for his portal to appear before teleporting, You can time the teleport to leave the screen right when the portal starts to appear, but is very tricky. If you want it to hit from the side you are gonna land you gotta press 4 after you input teleport. If you press 4 and go for the teleport immediately the demon goes on retard mode and whiffs entirely.

Essentially what the gentleman above stated. GPD has to be used when you see the teleport animation on the otherside or it will continue to whiff.

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
You don't want it to hit during tele you want it to hit as soon as your tele ends you do this by pressing 4 as soon as darkseid starts his tele and once you see you are on the other side ia stomp it's a Oh and low at the same time

Last edited:
What I'm trying to do is the following combo into setup:

ji2~df3+mb, f3, d2~b4, d1~df2

then

ia db3+4, *overhead demon hits behind opponent*, df3

Basically I want the overhead demon to cover my incoming air teleport. Of course, the damn thing needs Google Maps to find its way through the teleport and always comes out about a light year away from where I'm teleporting to. I did a little testing, and I think it has something to do with the opponent's hit state. I can do the above setup just fine as long as the opponent is standing up. But if I do it while they are knocked down or recovering from knockdown then it gets all wonky. Go ahead and try it. You can do the above combo and setup, and as long as you wait until the dummy has been standing up for a full second or two, it works fine.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
What I'm trying to do is the following combo into setup:

ji2~df3+mb, f3, d2~b4, d1~df2

then

ia db3+4, *overhead demon hits behind opponent*, df3

Basically I want the overhead demon to cover my incoming air teleport. Of course, the damn thing needs Google Maps to find its way through the teleport and always comes out about a light year away from where I'm teleporting to. I did a little testing, and I think it has something to do with the opponent's hit state. I can do the above setup just fine as long as the opponent is standing up. But if I do it while they are knocked down or recovering from knockdown then it gets all wonky. Go ahead and try it. You can do the above combo and setup, and as long as you wait until the dummy has been standing up for a full second or two, it works fine.
Can you post a clip of it, sounds intriguing.