What's new

Question - Cassie Cage How do you get in with Cassie Cage Brawler?

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Hey everyone. I was just wondering it's hard for me to win with Cassie Brawler. I get zoned out by nearly everyone. How do you get in with Cassie again'st zoners?

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
Be patient. Walk forward and block, duck and move forward to make high projectiles whiff, use b1 when you're in range and go HAM when you're in. Make good judgements if you're going to do a jump in so you don't get anti-aired.

Ex dive kick is risky af, more often than not you're going to burn a bar to get punished hard.

Wigy

There it is...
Any character who can zone you out, you should cream up close

Walk in, duck projectiles, run in, fake run ins, slower projectiles like subzeros balls divekick on read for like 40%

Also, djk ex airgrab is a 35% combo and is near impossible to antiair for most of the cast.

Don't be afraid to check them with your gun every now and then.

Once your in JIP range they have to stop projectiles or u can low unblock whiff punish with b1 or u can just jump. Be patient and walk

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hey everyone. I was just wondering it's hard for me to win with Cassie Brawler. I get zoned out by nearly everyone. How do you get in with Cassie again'st zoners?
Depends on whether the zoning has enough recovery frames for your current distance to make it after you block. For example Tanya's fireball is safe on block so you can't safely cancel your run but ffBLK~b124 / b12~ is a good way to be right in their face. Inferno scorpion is free to it after you block a minion. In the case of safe stuff like Kitana and Tanya, block and advance. Be ready for their offense options.

I Am The LK

Depends on whether the zoning has enough recovery frames for your current distance to make it after you block. For example Tanya's fireball is safe on block so you can't safely cancel your run but ffBLK~b124 / b12~ is a good way to be right in their face. Inferno scorpion is free to it after you block a minion. In the case of safe stuff like Kitana and Tanya, block and advance. Be ready for their offense options.
This is helpful thank you.

I Am The LK

Any character who can zone you out, you should cream up close

Walk in, duck projectiles, run in, fake run ins, slower projectiles like subzeros balls divekick on read for like 40%

Also, djk ex airgrab is a 35% combo and is near impossible to antiair for most of the cast.

Don't be afraid to check them with your gun every now and then.

Once your in JIP range they have to stop projectiles or u can low unblock whiff punish with b1 or u can just jump. Be patient and walk
Liu Kang IMO destroys Cassie. The zoning is ridiculous

The Highlander

There can be only one
Does she have any frame traps in brawler?
212 is 0 on block and all three hits can be cancelled into her command throw. B124 is plus 1, 332 is plus 1, 11 is plus 2 I believe. She has the same frame traps as her other variations basically. She gains additional mixups in her special cancel overhead takedown, it's a really fun variation, my favourite to use actually. But the loss of her instant air guns really hurts her against zoning.

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
332 and b124 are +1 on block, 11 is +2 on block. You can go into any string starting with 2 (which has 6f startup) or 1 (7f) to catch people pressing a button. However this is null if they duck the first hit and poke you out. She has frame traps but they're nothing like the brutal onslaught of them that some characters have.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
she has them in all 3, but brawler is better because of the tick throws off F44 and 212.
332 +1
B124 +1
11 +2 can be linked into either 332 or B124 if timed very tightly, not sure how you will do this online. but im sure you will.

like i said before, her BF4 is Hot Garbage and can take damage on way up and be broken on way up by certain double hit strings, as well as be broken on way down by even more strings since armor is basically gone then and its super unsafe on block, and that animation might as well have spec ops American way trumpet sounding off with how much notice it gives, if they dont block you on that its there own fault or the Netcodes.

Basically this is your challenge to get in with brawler instead of using Cassie Hollywood: