What's new

How do you feel so far?

I think it's a great game, but it does have serious issues which need to be addresses. The general thought that they should make everyone wait until after some tournament to fix them is a silly one to me.

I don't have much to add about the nature of the fixes which hasn't already been said, but they are needed.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
I thought his fastest string was 12, which is -5 on block? Can't he punish with that and then just either confirm into the 1,2, or special cancel?
Actually yes you can punish with F12 which is safe on block. What I mean was, a string you can punish with to get damage out of, his fastest string that you can special cancel is 100% punishable. Meanwhile, others have safe, fast mids that rack up 300-400dmg everytime it touches.

Universal advancing mid? There is far too much dumbass in your post, please go away.
Hmm.... Shao has a F4 (which is plus 6 on block), Kotal has F2 (22F mid, the worst in the game), Baraka has a F4 (Which can be converted into super big damage in the corner), Jade has B3 (we all know this can be staggered into B343xxmbGlaive for safe pressure), Kano has F3 and B3 (which KBs) and there are many more characters with advancing mids. You played yourself and I won't even resort to calling you a "dumb***".

elephantvision

Lius doesnt reach that far.
Dont commit to the whole string.
Youre honestly just misguided. We have some issues in this game, but its not what youre describing. You literally do not know what youre talking about.
Every post you try to make is "edgy and witty" you're so against the grain MY GUY. The best part is.... the second I just stop listening to you it's like you disappear. Nice and simple.

elephantvision

Hmm.... Shao has a F4 (which is plus 6 on block), Kotal has F2 (22F mid, the worst in the game), Baraka has a F4 (Which can be converted into super big damage in the corner), Jade has B3 (we all know this can be staggered into B343xxmbGlaive for safe pressure), Kano has F3 and B3 (which KBs) and there are many more characters with advancing mids. You played yourself and I won't even resort to calling you a "dumb***".
He's edgy man, you're wasting your breathe cause HE HAS this ALLLLL figured out.

(I don't play him but the first that comes to mind)
Liu kang has a forward advancing 9 frame mid. Then you have others who's FASTEST mids are 11+. Not only do these characters have SLOWER mids than the top tiers. They have SLOWER pokes than the top tiers. Not only that a lot of these characters have PUNISHABLE strings that are their fastest and you have characters like Kabal who have zero punishable strings. There is NO WAY you can begin to justify this. Lao's literal "fastest punishing string" is 100% punishable. Which is why foxy HAS TO just F4 all day (which is a 14frame mid with zero reach). You know as well as everyone else here...... the thought was not put into it. We've seen NRS do better than this in the past.
For all the vitriol people spew about MKX, even that game got it right in THAT aspect.

elephantvision

I do think that's partly why and because you can't use custom variations in ranked. I don't know if you saw that GR match between Erron and Erron, but it was dumb to watch. I feel like they do kill diversity needed for a game to succeed, always playing against the same top tiers or watching them in tournaments is slowly killing hype.
No doubt. I understand that balancing games can be a difficult role but... when you got OTHER fighting games out here that you see near every character at high level play... that's hype as fuck. What's great is playing the character you WANT and them being viable. That is what shows individuality and personality through fighting games. How cool would it be to pick the character you like and they be good enough to hold their own.... ahhhh just day dreamin now

He's edgy man, you're wasting your breathe cause HE HAS this ALLLLL figured out.
Yup but it's funny cause he has the nerve to say I'm a dumbass when he is the "know-it-all, God-tier player" yet didn't even know half of the characters mids! Like how can you sit here and claim others are ignorant when you are the BIGGEST proprietor of being the very same hing you put on other people! The cognitive dissonance is REAL!

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Which of those is 9f? Lmfao. You missed the point of the topic. Learn spacing and conditioning to hit slower mids without being interrupted.
Every post you try to make is "edgy and witty" you're so against the grain MY GUY. The best part is.... the second I just stop listening to you it's like you disappear. Nice and simple.
Seems edgy to you because you want to be right. There are people on this site that know more than me, but you arent one of them. Ill happily ignore you fine simps.

No doubt. I understand that balancing games can be a difficult role but... when you got OTHER fighting games out here that you see near every character at high level play... that's hype as fuck. What's great is playing the character you WANT and them being viable. That is what shows individuality and personality through fighting games. How cool would it be to pick the character you like and they be good enough to hold their own.... ahhhh just day dreamin now
Hell when a damn "party game" in Smash Melee can have a more diverse top 16 than MK11, you KNOW you got a issue!

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Slow your roll there, banana bread. Theres a big difference in not liking it, and openly stating your opinion on how to better balance the game. You dont enjoy it? I respect that and I hope you find something to fill the big whole this video game leaves. You think it lacks depth and that youre losing because of the new mechanics? Thats ignorant. If you think MKX is better, youre bad at these games. Nothing wrong with that, but hey shouldnt cater to people who dont care enough to learn them. "I cant run fast but iI still wanna be a reciever in the NFL! Football is still just a game!"

People replying to my comment must have found the shoe that fit.
My comment has nothing to do with me winning or losing. Nothing I posted speaks to that at all. Holy shit where is that coming from.

All I ever said is that there is less to discover, a d that is why I feel less invested. I gave examples of things I enjoyed doing and lamented that those things were gone. That's the long and short of it.

If you stop projecting and start listening then you'd be much better off. I feel like we're both talking last each other. So I'm done.

You come across like a condescending ass. Someone says why they dont like something and all you get back is "hurr yur bad". This is exactly why people dont wanna say shit on here.

I liked X better because it was more FUN to me. Not about 11 being worse mechanically. Shit. It's like screaming at a brick wall.

Last edited:

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yup but it's funny cause he has the nerve to say I'm a dumbass when he is the "know-it-all, God-tier player" yet didn't even know half of the characters mids! Like how can you sit here and claim others are ignorant when you are the BIGGEST proprietor of being the very same hing you put on other people! The cognitive dissonance is REAL!
..I suppose it would be fruitless to explain why youre being stupid, so Ill not. I didnt know their mids? Lmao. Ok then.

Which of those is 9f? Lmfao. You missed the point of the topic. Learn spacing and conditioning to hit slower mids without being interrupted.
Seems edgy to you because you want to be right. There are people on this site that know more than me, but you arent one of them. Ill happily ignore you fine simps.
Someone already schooled you on the fact that Liu Kang has a advancing 9F mid and all I was doing was telling you the game had UNIVERSAL advancing mids. Your comment to me had NOTHING to do with 9f so don't change the topic now. I gave you a basic list of several characters and the many mids they had that advances them, some better than others but none as abysmal as Kotal's 22f F2 mid.

..I suppose it would be fruitless to explain why youre being stupid, so Ill not. I didnt know their mids? Lmao. Ok then.
So then you can't talk about someone being stupid or ignorant when you're the poster child for it by NOT knowing what the hell you're talking about but, I digress. People need to practice what the hell they preach and stop promoting hypocrisy.

My comment has nothing to do with me winning or losing. Nothing I posted speaks to that at all. Holy shit where is that coming from.

All I ever said is that there is less to discover, a d that is why I feel less invested. I gave examples of things I enjoyed doing and lamented that those things were gone. That's the long and short of it.

If you stop projecting and start listening then you'd be much better off. I feel like we're both talking last each other. So I'm done.

You come across like a condescending ass. Someone says why they dont like something and all you get back is "hurr yur bad". This is exactly why people dont wanna say shit on here.

I liked X better because it was more FUN to me. Not about 11 being worse mechanically. Shit. It's like screaming at a brick wall.
BINGO!

Wetdoba

All too easy...
MK11 is a pretty shallow fighter. The game has the same problem with the variation system as it did in MKX where some characters had imbalanced variations while other character feel like they have their limbs cut off and seperated into two different variations which makes those characters incomplete.

The neutral of the game feels solid, but it contains mechanics thay contradict it while characters posses tools that do the same. It seems the developers wanted to go for a more Street Fighter like fighter, but with the removal of options and tools from characters and the implementation of universal mechanics this game feels very slim. It seems like they were modeling this game after SFV rather than USFIV. Definitely feels that way. MK11 is nrs' version of SFV, but I will say that you get randomed out less in this game than you do in SFV; however, the game still posses MKisms that go against the grain of the SFisms that were added to it which leaves the game feeling jank and awkward. Pokes are heavily promoted, but you barely get anything off of them while in SF you can at least combo off of low pokes. Throws can't be escaped with the throw button, but instead one has to guess which direction they're being thrown in and hit the button associated with whatever direction they may think they're heading in. The wakeup system is a complete guessing game. The list goes on.

Tournaments are boring to watch because it's the same characters doing the same strategies. A lot of characters lack setups, characters don't have gimmicks, there are no vortexes or cross ups. The mechanics of this game remove depth than actually encourage it.

I wanted a fighter this gen that rewarded players for strong fundamentals. A fighter that was easy to pick up and play, but did not lower the skill ceiling, or at least lower it severely. I wanted a fighter were I wont get randomed out due to bullshit tools characters posses or mechanics that favor bad players and reverse the tables.

I got that fighter. It's called Samurai Shodown.
Great post, this is exactly how I am feeling. Playing the 2 games side by side makes it more obvious. Yesterday was the first time I went back after Samsho came out and going bsck to the whole point blank mash fest between d1, fast mid, throw, and d2 was just straight up not fun and there are judt so many things still put in to help carry lower skill players. Not to mention embarrassing whiffing issues still that would never happen in Samsho, pokes actually have pushback so no point blank mash fest geras scrubbery, and supers while rewarding are actually 1 ATTEMPT only and stupid punishable. The characters are way more unique in how they carry out their own gameplans and how they use the universal mechanics, rewards much more fundamental play, and just oozes style and charm that NRS has been lacking since MK9/IGAU. Samurai Shodown is the game that I wish MK11 could have been.

Overall the thing they need to do to MK11 more than anything after their hitbox fixes is to allow full customs which is the entire point of the game, a huge reason that it is already growing stale to me is how insanely lame to majority of the presets are.

Last edited:
Best NRS game for sure. And its so much better thank MK10. In this game you can really show your skill level, and there is so many option to play the game.
Its not like MK10, 50/50s rush down pressure. There was no zoning at all, neutral/footsie su****.
Very few issues i have so far.
Balance is needed only on some mchanics and Sonya combo damage.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Lol that’s like complaining that everybody has pokes, or that multiple characters in a fighting game have a fireball or dp.

‘Use footsies’ isn’t a valid fighting game complaint, especially when characters are doing very different things in their neutral. Like, would you really say that Sonya and Cetrion both have to play the same because you might d2 a throw at some point?
I’m not saying I subscribe to that opinion at all. I love the game... until silly things happen like I play vs geras or... Jax/ kabal have their kB and just walk forward towards you without a care in the world. I’m saying that, especially if you read this thread you will notice people disliking the game want slot machine into juggle system back.

Gaxkang

Banned
I like it a lot but I have a few issues:

-the wakeup system. MKX was too offensive-oriented in terms of oki and the gate swung a little too far in the other direction. Also inputting wakeups is weirdly strict, I wish they would add like a frame to the window you can input your wakeup.
-d2s aren't very consistent anti-airs and often lose to jump kicks, fix the hitbox and hurtbox on them plz
-my absolute biggest problem is the poke game. Machine gun d1s on characters like Geras have answers but they're still a trash aspect of an otherwise good game
-can't believe they kept the 50/50 throws. I can't even talk about that one without ranting

This is all about actually playing the game competitively. I still have a ton of QoL issues and the online experience is pretty subpar imo.
It'd be nice if D2 were universal-like but yeah as they are designed now they are unequal. Some are better than others. Basically the common wisdom becomes that you should use standing 1 as anti-air (think anti-air jab from SFV heh). But if someone's standing 1 isn't so great for anti-air either, blech.
D2 intuitively feels like an anti-air but often isn't meant for it except when finely timed.

It's an NRS game so I am unsure if they will change it...in jumps that will get you in MK11 in another fighting game would be anti-aired every time. In Injustice 2 a big thing for Batman was his j2...it wouldn't have been if he was getting anti-aired all the time.

As for blocking a jump-in...I think how it's supposed to be is the attacker has advantage. But in seeing it play out on both sides...it never seems consistent. And that includes very basic stuff like either going for throw, or D1.

The poke game occupies like 80-90% of close up fighting but gets skewed online...I fought a Kabal in one fight and blocked his D1, so I hit mine...and I watch the Kabal just back away while my D1 doesn't even happen heh. From the frame problems to how much it occupies the gameplay...it's just eh.
I dunno why they don't have more of a system of punishing strings with strings.

xKMMx

Banned
I suggest that all the whiners in this post that seem to think this game needs standardized mids with equal distance and frame data should probably just play "Dive kick". ITs a game that literally only allows you to move back and forth and dive kick.

you'd BE MUCH HAPPIER